1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Kyara/Kynam: IS IT REALLY OUD?

Discussion in 'Art and Science of Oud' started by Rai Munir, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Alex

Alex Oud Fan

- I can't ask you or make you agree with anything but we agree with science and solid research done by certified experts.

2. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Right but all we have here is your word about a single test of some kinam. And people who we trust and know through repeated experience are telling us that you don’t know the difference between real sandalwood and fake sandalwood or real agarwood and fake agarwood, or even worse, maybe you do know the difference and are selling blatantly fake products. I don’t know what else you have to say or show to redeem yourself but it seems like you are pretty much done here.

Santal Claus likes this.
  3. Alex

Alex Oud Fan

4. Alex

Alex Oud Fan

- I don't need to redeem my self dear I'm delighted I'm dominating this post and conversation in every way with facts, lab tests and scientific reference against opinions and trash talk and accusation, I have been doing aal the way I don't think you realize it. I'm not here to get customers we are sold out on 80% of our listed inventory, our bespoke service is backed up for two years, I'm not here nickeling and diming lying to people about wild Kinam that I'm offering on sale like some vendors every newly made oil we have been listing in the past year was sold in less than a week (this is a fact), I'm just here to prove that people who thought that attacking a company like the perfumist and publishing fake and offensive hateful talk are wrong and I have prove that. so I have nothing else to say or prove. and I understand you guys have a business here and try to make some money. but please next time this subject comes in remember, that no one here knew or heard of cultivated kinam until I posted it, and people here used to buy what they thing is wild kinam, remember that I'm the only one who posted an (AUTHENTIC, VERIFIED, ACCREDITED, SCIENTIFIC, SIGNED) lab test in non of the other vendors did, and finally remember my 10k challenge that I have posted twice. I will be gone for a wile as we will busy working on some major important projects, I will join you all guys in 6 months or so and in the mean time here is a picture to authenticate my challenge and responsibility, kindly not this is not a lab test or scientific evidence :)

Attached Files:

5. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

hahahaha !! This guy !! What a clown
    the perfumest!!! Alex you sold me fake oud!! That’s is that and there is nothing more to it.
    What a troll

Ouddict, Hakim and Santal Claus like this.
  6. Santal Claus

Santal Claus True Ouddict

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem like a troll the way we know them. He sells stuff. This is terribly offensive and I hope our community guards ourselves against trolls like this.

Ouddict, Hakim and EJayB like this.
  7. Tony Li

Tony Li Whats this Oud About?

Your guess are great, seems all correct according to the experience of the kinam plantation. You are an expert!!!

Regarding “No two Kyaras are alike. Some may have a more fragrant edge than others, and some may have different profile nuances as well, but......all should share that Kinamic backbone.” The kinam trees from forest, no two are alike. The kinam from one tree, they are the same type. The grafting trees from the same mother tree, the kinam are the same type.

Hakim and Oudamberlove like this.
  8. Tony Li

As far as we know, there are almost no cultivated kinam before the year of 2017. In the year of 2018, the cultivated kinam start to sell in the local market in China, and the amount start to grow up in this two years. What is the earliest time can buy the cultivated kinam in the global market? What is the earliest time did you see the cultivated kinam?

Ouddict and Oudamberlove like this.
  9. Tony Li

You should go to companies like shoyeido, baieido, yamadamastu in Japan, if they treat you friendly, they will show you the big sizes wild kyara (kinam). Or you can go to the Japan auction. In the year of 2019, April 22th, there was a kyara auction in Yokohama city of Japan, several kilograms in one piece kyara was sold in that auction. Or you can come to our company in China. We will show you the wild kinam (kinam), it is evident to distinguish the wild kinam and cultivated kinam, but it is not from any lab, can only according to experience. If you don’t have experience, you will need to study first.

Ouddict and Hakim like this.
  10. Tony Li

Regarding “all of us have been told over and over and over again for all these years that this wood can only come from ancient wild trees and we have all come to accept this as dogma.”, I think it is a secret in the agarwood industry for a long time. Until 10 plus years ago, we bought the wild small kinam tree from the hunters. We noticed that kinam should not cause ancient wild trees.
    In the agarwood industry, some dealer or writer would like to describe clear, but almost none of them go to hunt the agarwood in the forest for living. They got the informations from the hunters or dealers, some informations maybe not correct, cause the misleading. My grandfather was a agarwood hunter before, he went to the forest to hunt the agarwood from 1960 to 1990, he met different type wild agarwood, but he don’t know what is kinam. At that time, should be no one hunter in China know what is kinam. After 1990’s, Taiwan, Hongkong, Singapore agarwood dealers came to China to buy agarwood, they taught us what is kinam. Since the kinam can sell at much higher price, the hunters and dealers described the kinam they got are top quality, even they hunt the kinam from not a big tree, they will not say it out.

Tarik, Oudamberlove and EJayB like this.
  11. LJH

LJH Whats this Oud About?

But i thought that kynam was mentioned in chinese text and doctrines way before that

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Tarik likes this.
  12. Tony Li

Yes, it did. Kinam was mentioned in Chinese Tex and doctrines way. According to the history we learned in China, in Tang Dynasty and Song Dynasty (one thousand plus years ago), the Royalty, official and rich people were using the agarwood incense, they knew the kinam already. At that period the culture has been disseminated to Japan. In Dongguan City, Guangdong, people planted the agarwood trees one thousand years ago, and supply the agarwood to the Royalty. The plantation at that period is not like the plantation now, they are totally nature, can grow high quality agarwood, the common people are not allowed to use agarwood. After the year of 1949, the chairman Mao period, the incense is not allowed in China, the agarwood trees were cut down to plant others. There still have some trees in some remote area, or high mountains. Hongkong is a small area, the trees there not be cut down at that time. The hunters in China be stoped in that time also, and restart after the year of 1970, I think there should be some people in China still knew the kinam at that time, but for the hunters, they don’t know already.

Ouddict, Tarik and Taesik Yun like this.
  13. LJH

LJH Whats this Oud About?

Really learnt alot from your posts !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hakim likes this.
  14. Makakilo

Makakilo Just Arrived

Aloha Everyone,
    Just wanted to confirm without any doubt that Alex the perfumist is indeed most definitely a scam artist and a cheat. I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt and placed a 500 dollar order for two of his sample packs. I began researching more and more after reading some negative reviews about him and his products. What I found was a mixed bag because there are some positive things online but when I dig deeper I discovered that those positive things like reviews on fragrabtica were made by people who low and behold only left reviews for products sold by Alex the perfumist. Smelt fishy but then when my sample packs arrived I was shocked. Not only were his oils synthetic garbage that made my head hurt but he even forgot one of the 50 dollar samples! Yes it was that bad. There was simply no question that I was trying to be taken for a ride. I immediately asked for a refund but told him I didn’t want to pay the hundred dollars it would cost me to DHL it back to him from Saudi Arabia. He then refused to refund my money saying it wasn’t fair for me to keep the oils and get my money back. I said whatever and contacted the bank to open a dispute. Guess what, I didn’t even have to explain the situation to the bank because they obviously investigated Alex the perfumist and gave me my money back no questions asked. Word to the wise, stay away from the troll that is Alex the perfumist in Houston TX. Here is his final email verbatim:

On 23 Apr 2020, at 5:15 AM, info <info@theperfumist.com> wrote:
    It seems that you tried to get some oils for free just like many of the people on the forum you listed, which all know well that the oils we offer are better than anything that was ever sold on this fourm actually the lab test of our oils are mentioned on that same fourm.

Without saying that the return policy and refund policy is clearly explained on the site and without saying that all our oils are lab tested in top USA labs and without saying that any other company won't even take a return on open and used samples back and without saying that this fourm is run by vendors who non of them tested or listed a test of their products, and without saying that you were hesitant to return those oils in the first place. I will say this

I was ready to receive the shipment back and give you a full refund even though those samples cost us much more than 80$ but after this pathetic attempt of solicitation and this threat.

Here is my answer to you and you don't have to wait till Monday It's NOTHING

not even a return or an exchange and feel free to do whatever you like, and consider this as a final refusal of business.

Alex

15. Mr.P

I felt it was pretty obvious from his posts here he was full of sh**. Sorry you got sucked in and REALLY glad you got your money back and wasted his time and effort. That at least is one payback for all the time and disappointment you have to deal with for having been duped by this guy... at least in the end he/they had also paid a price in terms of time and materials.

That’s the problem with this oud biz. Anyone can say anything they want. Organic. Kinam. Kyara. Wild. “Incense Grade”, “medicinal grade”, 100 years old, distilled in 1902, etc. and it may all be true or all be B.S. someone has to take the risk of finding out first hand. Thanks for “taking one for the team”... it is far safer to stay with the folks who have been so well reviewed here.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  16. Mr.P

I mean when the dude tried flashing $10,000 in $100 bills as if this proved something... :rolleyes:

Ouddict likes this.
  17. Bigboy

Bigboy True Ouddict

Im willing to bet a majority of people on this forum could flash a lot more than that...certainly in oil ..but for what ? Its tremendously distasteful!

Jeff Wilson and Ouddict like this.
  18. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson Oud Fan

WOW - Sorry bro - truly unfortunate that some people treat this cherished scarcity with such hate and selfishness.

Live and learn - I guess...

Dean likes this.
  19. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

The offending post was the subject of a complaint. The admins and mods have not acted on it and I think maybe its best as the responses clearly show the level of opposition to the claims. Unless the admins/mods decide otherwise, it will stay up for everyone to see and facepalm...

20. Makakilo

Makakilo Just Arrived

For what it’s worth I believe my experience and the experience of others along with the nonsense that Alex preaches should remain on the forum for people to read and come to their own conclusions. I certainly wouldn’t have risked 500 dollars if I knew his oils were equivalent to what I can find here at most gas stations in the Middle East. But now people can read and be warned that his stuff is nothing extraordinary, rare and natural as he professes.

Ouddict likes this.

Promote Oud!