language scent

True Woodict
Has anyone here ever bought sandalwood from this website? https://keralaspicesonline.com/product/sandal-wood-50gm/
I ordered and it came looking very light colored smells really good much different then all others that I have...but very light scent. Looks legit? Or some wood infused with EO?

Attachments

• 242633647_189106356639464_8416757257154130914_n2.jpg
    242633647_189106356639464_8416757257154130914_n2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

language scent

True Woodict
How does it smell when you heat it?
it smells great in room temperature and nothing special when heated. it is as if it is too fresh and the oils are spread out bloated wood along with water. i might have to leave it out do dry more maybe. i grinded up a lot of it and it still smells interior a lot so its not just something they added oils to. its a super powdery smell but nothing like the dense oily mysore sandal woods i have sourced from elsewhere

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
In my humble opinion, that price(retail) is too good to be true for even a fair quality sandalwood. It must be sandalwood, but just too young may be.
Do you feel it’s has been artificially perfumes?

language scent

True Woodict
Colour is soo pale, stick looks like sandalwood but I’ve not seen a colour like this before. Certainly not the same wood as in their picture, misleading.
I have a legit piece I got from Japan that is Indian and the texture and wood fiber is the same exact almost elastic looking the one looks almost grayish brown this one is pale but at the spot it was cut has darker color it just smells powdery and sharp kinda spice, fresh...but nothing on the heater just a couple seconds of aroma that quickly goes. I think India they use it for different reasons then aromatic reasons