Elixir Attar

True Ouddict
Dear Ouddictians

i have my hands on some Kannam Thaqeel from Abdulsamad Al Qurashi, 1980s batch.
Scent profile is like Purple Kinam, incredible longevity, thick as honey.

i also have my hands on the same age Kalakassi, incredibly rich Indian Oud profile- amazing

these are the types that sell in artisanal oud houses for 3k and 5k
both oils are unrepeatable-

if interested , send me a PM.

i was working on a project for the coning attar using both and have some extra to sell.

Imran S

Oud Fanatic
Dear Ouddictians

i have my hands on some Kannam Thaqeel from Abdulsamad Al Qurashi, 1980s batch.

i also have my hands on the same age Kalakassi, incredibly rich Indian Oud profile- amazing

these are the types that sell in artisanal oud houses for 3k and 5k
both oils are unrepeatable-

if interested , send me a PM.

i was working on a project for the coning attar using both and have some extra to sell.

I have many high end and aged oils from ASAQ and none of them smell like Purple Kinam including a 100 years old oil

Moe Ab

Oud Beginner
I have many high end and aged oils from ASAQ and none of them smell like Purple Kinam including a 100 years old oil
In my opinion it really matters when you purchased the oils from ASQ.
The products are not the same as they use to be. all the their products now feel weaker and wattered down/diluted.

Azaad

Oud Fanatic
See my review on Thaqeel. I have the original batch.

it’s lost it’s power. No oud can withstand time and still produce the same or stronger notes. As the oil gets older it mellows out more and more. Thaqeel is one of those. It’s no match for newer Ensar ouds, and it pains me to say it too because I totally reject the way he conducts his business.

Elixir Attar

True Ouddict
Salaam brother

Regardless of Ensars oils.

What oud loses its power brother?

Oud mostly gets better with time

What year is your batch?

Maybe its one of those later adulterated oils?

And by the way, i am telling you that based on experiencing almost all of Ensar’s oils,
Some of the really old ASAQs would be in Ensar’s Oriscent right away if he had them.

Also, lets talk a bit about Kyara and Kinam namings in Ensars oils, the Kinam Rouge, and KLTD-2, as well as the Purple Kinam do have a “kinamic note”- which i detect significantly in the batch of Kannam Thaqeel i have.. they both arent definitely Kinam woods distilled - but very close scent profiles.

Real Kyara oils if fully distilled will be at least as the new oil by JK- 550$/ 0.1 ml and can be a lot more.

Also, the most “kinamic” oud i smelt was Lamaa’h by ASO, due to the “kinam resin” it had—

What i want to say is, trust me when i tell you brother; some of the vendors in the middle east-not anyone specific- have crazy ouds that are gems and not going anywhere;)- for example the ouds that go to Royalties and statespersons in the Gulf region, do you think they come from Western vendors?

Lastly, how oud wood is stored i think plays a huge role in oxidation, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mohammed Nadeem

Oud Beginner
dulsamad Al Qurashi, 1980s batch.
Salaam brother

What year is your batch?

And by the way, i am telling you that based on experiencing almost all of Ensar’s oils,
Some of the really old ASAQs would be in Ensar’s Oriscent right away if he had them.

Also, lets talk a bit about Kyara and Kinam namings in Ensars oils, the Kinam Rouge, and KLTD-2, as well as the Purple Kinam do have a “kinamic note”- which i detect significantly in the batch of Kannam Thaqeel i have.. they both arent definitely Kinam woods distilled - but very close scent profiles.

Real Kyara oils if fully distilled will be at least as the new oil by JK- 550$/ 0.1 ml and can be a lot more.

Also, the most “kinamic” oud i smelt was Lamaa’h by ASO, due to the “kinam resin” it had—

What i want to say is, trust me when i tell you brother; some of the vendors in the middle east-not anyone specific- have crazy ouds that are gems and not going anywhere;)- for example the ouds that go to Royalties and statespersons in the Gulf region, do you think they come from Western vendors?

I respect all the brothers opinions each of you have your own positive and negative feed backs.

@Imran S .. you are correct Bro none smell like the Kinam they also claim that it is but it isn't.
@Moe Ab .. yes I believe too that the time matters when you purchased the oils.
@Azaad .. so why buy EO then? I think it's just hyped up its a brand that's been created, I am open for correction.

@Elixir Attar - Brother, you are so correct. I know of some shop owners who have gems, literally gems in their shops and no one knows about it because customers don't expect them to have these oils. As what all would think only big vendors will have these high-end oils . Of course we ordinary people don't even get a whiff of the woods and oils that go to Ministers and Royal Families. We recently had a massive Autumn Exhibition here and these guys didn't even bother to put a stall, they have people who come buy from their shops, paid in full, no questions asked. I've seen Cambodi and Thai oils upwards of $3000.00 in their stores.

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
See my review on Thaqeel. I have the original batch.

it’s lost it’s power. No oud can withstand time and still produce the same or stronger notes. As the oil gets older it mellows out more and more. Thaqeel is one of those. It’s no match for newer Ensar ouds, and it pains me to say it too because I totally reject the way he conducts his business.

Hmmm... I have the “original” batch too, but it certainly hasn’t lost its power, although it does show its age in a good way. Compared to Oud Ishaq (2009) it is more mellow for sure, but that’s not a bad thing. Some people prefer it.

Rezwan

Kōdō Aesthetic
Salaam brother

What year is your batch?

Nice 👍🙂 appreciate the insight and we shouldn't really look down upon other ouds that are not from the known artisanal vendors. Artisanal ouds have their place and ouds from Ajmal, ASAQ, and many other vendors, distillers that we don't even know about have their place. There are possibly very aged ouds in vaults that are very old and kept as treasures in the Gulf regions, collectors of such oud oils are probably not known and you won't probably even find them in this forum talking about ouds. What I'm saying is let's not be narrow minded, but keep an open mind about oud and fragrances in general.

OCDbotanicals

Oud Beginner
Nice 👍🙂 appreciate the insight and we shouldn't really look down upon other ouds that are not from the known artisanal vendors. Artisanal ouds have their place and ouds from Ajmal, ASAQ, and many other vendors, distillers that we don't even know about have their place. There are possibly very aged ouds in vaults that are very old and kept as treasures in the Gulf regions, collectors of such oud oils are probably not known and you won't probably even find them in this forum talking about ouds. What I'm saying is let's not be narrow minded, but keep an open mind about oud and fragrances in general.
As enjoyable as our Ouddicts forum is to read, it totally pales in comparison to the centuries old stalls of Ad Dariyah with beautiful and ancient specimens of these deeply aerobatic ouds covered in dust and mounted on shelves and plaques. These guys love to spend hours sipping coffee and chatting away in broken English and Khaliji arabic and genuinely get a laugh when I tell them about the new internet sites talking about oud. They've spent their lives searching out treasured rarities across India and the far east for the Najd palaces. Their families have worked this business long before any of us were born and they don't use internet at all (other than WhatsApp which I can't even begin to explain.) If you want to really experience what oud feels like, you're going to need to immerse yourself in the culture, learn the basic words and phrases, and drink loads of coffee & tea. You'll get more knowledge in a single afternoon than a lifetime of youtube. Come visit, dare to disconnect, and savor the essence of living. You'll love it and the people are AMAZING. If you love ASAQ, visit the places where his roots are firmly planted in the millenium old Taifi Souqs.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
As enjoyable as our Ouddicts forum is to read, it totally pales in comparison to the centuries old stalls of Ad Dariyah with beautiful and ancient specimens of these deeply aerobatic ouds covered in dust and mounted on shelves and plaques. These guys love to spend hours sipping coffee and chatting away in broken English and Khaliji arabic and genuinely get a laugh when I tell them about the new internet sites talking about oud. They've spent their lives searching out treasured rarities across India and the far east for the Najd palaces. Their families have worked this business long before any of us were born and they don't use internet at all (other than WhatsApp which I can't even begin to explain.) If you want to really experience what oud feels like, you're going to need to immerse yourself in the culture, learn the basic words and phrases, and drink loads of coffee & tea. You'll get more knowledge in a single afternoon than a lifetime of youtube. Come visit, dare to disconnect, and savor the essence of living. You'll love it and the people are AMAZING. If you love ASAQ, visit the places where his roots are firmly planted in the millenium old Taifi Souqs.
Insha'allah...perhaps one day but for now...YouTube is my only access to the souks of the world....

Rezwan

Kōdō Aesthetic
Beautiful ❤️😌