Kannam Thaqeel And Kalakassi From The 1980s, Abdulsamad Al Qurashi

Discussion in 'Elixir Attar' started by Elixir Attar, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Elixir Attar

Elixir Attar True Ouddict

Dear Ouddictians

i have my hands on some Kannam Thaqeel from Abdulsamad Al Qurashi, 1980s batch.
    Scent profile is like Purple Kinam, incredible longevity, thick as honey.

i also have my hands on the same age Kalakassi, incredibly rich Indian Oud profile- amazing

these are the types that sell in artisanal oud houses for 3k and 5k
    both oils are unrepeatable-

if interested , send me a PM.

i was working on a project for the coning attar using both and have some extra to sell.

Ouddict, Imran297 and tyson like this.
  2. Imran S

Imran S Oud Fan

I have many high end and aged oils from ASAQ and none of them smell like Purple Kinam including a 100 years old oil

Mohammed Nadeem and Habz786 like this.
  3. Moe Ab

Moe Ab Whats this Oud About?

In my opinion it really matters when you purchased the oils from ASQ.
    The products are not the same as they use to be. all the their products now feel weaker and wattered down/diluted.

Mohammed Nadeem and Imran S like this.
  4. Imran S

Imran S Oud Fan

Over 15 years ago

Tarik likes this.
  5. Azaad

Azaad Oud Fanatic

See my review on Thaqeel. I have the original batch.

it’s lost it’s power. No oud can withstand time and still produce the same or stronger notes. As the oil gets older it mellows out more and more. Thaqeel is one of those. It’s no match for newer Ensar ouds, and it pains me to say it too because I totally reject the way he conducts his business.

Ouddict, Imran S and Rai Munir like this.
  6. Elixir Attar

Salaam brother

Regardless of Ensars oils.

What oud loses its power brother?

Oud mostly gets better with time

What year is your batch?

Maybe its one of those later adulterated oils?

And by the way, i am telling you that based on experiencing almost all of Ensar’s oils,
    Some of the really old ASAQs would be in Ensar’s Oriscent right away if he had them.

Also, lets talk a bit about Kyara and Kinam namings in Ensars oils, the Kinam Rouge, and KLTD-2, as well as the Purple Kinam do have a “kinamic note”- which i detect significantly in the batch of Kannam Thaqeel i have.. they both arent definitely Kinam woods distilled - but very close scent profiles.

Real Kyara oils if fully distilled will be at least as the new oil by JK- 550$/ 0.1 ml and can be a lot more.

Also, the most “kinamic” oud i smelt was Lamaa’h by ASO, due to the “kinam resin” it had—

What i want to say is, trust me when i tell you brother; some of the vendors in the middle east-not anyone specific- have crazy ouds that are gems and not going anywhere;)- for example the ouds that go to Royalties and statespersons in the Gulf region, do you think they come from Western vendors?

Lastly, how oud wood is stored i think plays a huge role in oxidation, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouddict and Mohammed Nadeem like this.
  7. Elixir Attar

And thank you,
    Can you please post a link or send me a message with a link to your review on the Kannam Thaqeel?

Thank you

Mohammed Nadeem likes this.
  8. Mohammed Nadeem

Mohammed Nadeem Whats this Oud About?

I respect all the brothers opinions each of you have your own positive and negative feed backs.

@Imran S .. you are correct Bro none smell like the Kinam they also claim that it is but it isn't.
    @Moe Ab .. yes I believe too that the time matters when you purchased the oils.
    @Azaad .. so why buy EO then? I think it's just hyped up its a brand that's been created, I am open for correction.

@Elixir Attar - Brother, you are so correct. I know of some shop owners who have gems, literally gems in their shops and no one knows about it because customers don't expect them to have these oils. As what all would think only big vendors will have these high-end oils . Of course we ordinary people don't even get a whiff of the woods and oils that go to Ministers and Royal Families. We recently had a massive Autumn Exhibition here and these guys didn't even bother to put a stall, they have people who come buy from their shops, paid in full, no questions asked. I've seen Cambodi and Thai oils upwards of $3000.00 in their stores.

Imran S, Ouddict and Elixir Attar like this.
  9. Elixir Attar

Definitely brother
    I agree with you about those “hidden gems”
    But a lot of people unfortunately are not exposed to these

Mohammed Nadeem likes this.
  10. Mohammed Nadeem

Mohammed Nadeem Whats this Oud About?

Let me know if you ever have a chance to visit Kuwait I'd love to take you to these stores.

Imran S likes this.
  11. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

Hmmm... I have the “original” batch too, but it certainly hasn’t lost its power, although it does show its age in a good way. Compared to Oud Ishaq (2009) it is more mellow for sure, but that’s not a bad thing. Some people prefer it.

Imran S likes this.

Promote Oud!