-Renton-

True Ouddict
I mean, I got their Brunei K (need to give it another go so no comment), and their Pontianak (West Kalimantan). Their WK is just... low to mid range, and why have it in tiny AF pieces that, literally some of them are splinters and some of them are from actual agarwood beads, you can tell by the ball shape and a hole in the middle. I can get MIIIIIIIIIIILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES and if I may put it, UNIVERSALLY/MULTIDIMENSIONAL better Kalimantan from @Maunamoku. It just makes me think, KZ is sitting on tons of wood, why couldn't he just give Kangiiten good agarwood for the 3gram bottles? Sure he gave good agarwood that sold out within 30 mins, but you could have either gave us actual full sized, good, real, incense agarwood in the bottles too, that we could have cut up ourselves, just make the bottle 5 grams of each wood that is in a full size? Or, even better, give Kangiiten MORE of the good woods that were sold out super fast, and ask Kangiiten to apply a 1 purchase per person strategy.

I am severely disappointed with Kangiiten's Agarwood, but it wasn't their fault, I think most of the woods were scraps and, may I say so myself, crappy ones at that.

What are your guys opinions?

Olfactory Nomad

True Ouddict
I only have the Brunei K to judge my opinion on so it's very limited. I know @Tauhid Shaikh is very dissapointed with his purchase yet plenty of others seem to love the Brunei K. I'm on the fence with it. The very first time I tried it I loved it but the second time just the other day I got bugger all from it so I'm assuming unlike Kangiiten's CK the resin is not uniform all the way through every single piece hence why my second piece was very bland.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
I only have the Brunei K to judge my opinion on so it's very limited. I know @Tauhid Shaikh is very dissapointed with his purchase yet plenty of others seem to love the Brunei K. I'm on the fence with it. The very first time I tried it I loved it but the second time just the other day I got bugger all from it so I'm assuming unlike Kangiiten's CK the resin is not uniform all the way through every single piece hence why my second piece was very bland.
Yeah, the Brunei K I cant fully comment on because it was kinda good? Some parts were bad though, and that should NOT happen in a bloody 3 gram bottle, yeah sure if you buy 25-50grams of wood and you get 1-3 bad grams of wood, then that's nature, that's totally acceptable because you purchased 25-50grams, it is somewhat common around those amounts, but not in 3g bottles man.

Olfactory Nomad

True Ouddict
I got 3 woods from them and I think all 3 are quite good value for money. Each has a nice room temp aroma which is in itself an indicator of quality.

This is a highly subjective game with a lot variation to take into account, so as always - results may vary.
This is true. I mean it's not like they're top shelf unlike the other single pieces that sold out very quickly but I also get where Renton is coming from. The shop is restocking at the end of the month so we'll see what comes up this time.

TheOudDood

Not that Brandon
This is true. I mean it's not like they're top shelf unlike the other single pieces that sold out very quickly but I also get where Renton is coming from. The shop is restocking at the end of the month so we'll see what comes up this time.
Indeed, def not top shelf, but also I would not expect that for that price. Looks it’s mostly bead and carving scraps.

There’s also a weird thing that happens where some woods and oils seem to hide or retreat the more intensely or obsessively we focus on them.

Ive had this happen many times. Sometimes soften our focus or simply putting something away for awhile can do wonders.

Sometimes it takes time for things to click in the brain to perceive something.

Sometimes also the quality just isn’t there or it doesn’t suit our preferences.

Kolalid

True Ouddict

Olfactory Nomad

True Ouddict

Seems relevant
Well there ya go! Almost reads like it was made in response to this post.