Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
I have been selling some oils and woods from my private collection on the marketplace for a little while now. I wanted to share some of the most beautiful oils/woods i have been blessed to get my hands on with ouddicts on the forum. My main reason was i wanted people to experience artisinal Oud at a very high standard for a very reasonable price.

Some of you have smelt oils and heated woods from me, do feel free to leave any feedback good or bad it would be appreciated. I felt its unfair if im going to be always filling up the market place so i have requested a section here in the vendors area to sell bits and bobs. I don't class myself as being a proper vendor and wont be operating a website etc but felt this was fair.

I do however class myself as someone who loves Oud and also someone who is not easy to please when it comes to quality and smell. I have spent a good few years building a vast collection of high grade oils and woods and Habzoud is all about sharing those moments with you, its more than just a olfactory experience.

There will be no storys or extra marketing the products will speak for themselves. Being one of the founders of this great community i take a great pride in what we have all achieved here, however i will be stepping down as admin as from today. Thank you all for your support and i hope you enjoy what i have offer to the world of Oud.

Most products are very limited so oils will only be offered in 1ml volumes along with different types of woods.

20180501_003824.png

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
End of an Era… Start of a New One

It is a bitter-sweet day for me to say goodbye to Habib as a fellow admin... We got in contact in February 2016 when I was still working in Qatar and in the two years that I have known him, we have been on a journey together and stood together as friends and founders of Ouddict. What we have done here in setting up this platform together with our fellow founding members has changed the landscape of the oud industry for good, helped develop existing vendors and launch new ones and I can say with 100% certainty that we are so proud of what this forum has achieved.

The growth of competition has led to a democratisation of the Oud scene where other vendors have been allowed a space to compete on level terms despite the desperate attempts from a certain individual to stifle this by any means. Understandably, those with a desire to maintain an almost fascistic and monopolistic hold over the market have tried to undermine this democratic and free community at every turn. In creating an open and fair community, we have seen a flowering of vendors, more choice and innovation and a consequent reduction in prices across the board. Everyone, except those who subscribe to a monopolistic vision, have benefitted.

Before the launch of Ouddict in July 2016, Habib was instrumental in opening my eyes to the fact that Artisanal quality Oud was far from over, as had been announced cynically for marketing purposes and was in fact, available from distillers at very reasonable prices compared to what they retailed for at the time. Before that, I had swallowed the half-truths of a certain vendor without question. We had both felt the burden of rising prices as customers and the unattainability of this wonderful scent for many who would love to experience Oud. With the discovery of the real prices at trade level, decided that the only way we could pay off our Oud debts and fund our passion was to go into the trade ourselves, while sharing lower prices to benefit customers like ourselves. It was Habib who was the one who urged me to revive my 2012 vision of a scent company and launch something together. Like most plans, it did not follow the script.

In the middle of our planning for this new venture, the Basenotes Oud thread was taken down in late June 2016 and Habib contacted me to say the dream was at an impasse. Ever the optimist, I said “no, let’s found our own forum” and we did with zero idea of the skills or software required. To say it was a steep learning curve is an understatement, but we managed through long hours and continual struggle to improve. With me on the technical controls and @Habz786 and @Mandeel AlMandeel populating the forum with members who came flooding over from Basenotes, what a time it was.

However. there was an issue that me and Habib picked up on very quickly in the first week of operations. All these new members were looking for a neutral platform… not a vendor platform and seeing how another vendor Oud forum had died after a year of operations in 2013, we decided that we would abstain from launching an Oud venture and focus on this forum instead. It was a difficult decision to make, but we decided that we would transition at some undefined time in the future, which never really came as running this forum made continual demands on our commitment and time.

At that time we knew that our “competition” like Imperial Oud, Al Shareef Oud, Feel Oud and the rest would benefit by operating on here, but we both made the decision to champion this platform in order to help revive the online Oud scene. We sincerely believed in our vision of allowing genuine and fair competition to thrive and allow any vendor to connect to customers directly in a way that did not exist on any other platform previously. This vision was worth far more to us than selling a few bottles of Oud. We firmly believed that equal access, openness and a level playing field for all would always overcome elitism, closeness and a rigged environment that vendor owned forums epitomised.

With the rapid growth of this community, our hopes have been realised and this forum now represents the majority of online Artisanal Oud Vendors and the largest gathering place for Oud enthusiasts. Going forward, it will be run by all these stakeholders to ensure transparency, fairness and neutrality.

Habib has never advertised this fact or complained, but not a single drop of oil was sold by him during his position as admin and he held his ambitions in check for two years to get this community to where it is now. I hope people can appreciate this and see that rather than words, Habib’s efforts in building this community while forgoing his dream speak volumes for his integrity and that they give wholehearted support to his new venture. This is a venture that embodies the spirit of Ouddict to provide people with a fair deal for the highest quality Artisanal Oud.

Sincerely wishing you the best of luck Habib in your new endeavour.

peter4ptv

End of an Era… Start of a New One

It is a bitter-sweet day for me to say goodbye to Habib as a fellow admin... We got in contact in February 2016 when I was still working in Qatar and in the two years that I have known him, we have been on a journey together and stood together as friends and founders of Ouddict. What we have done here in setting up this platform together with our fellow founding members has changed the landscape of the oud industry for good, helped develop existing vendors and launch new ones and I can say with 100% certainty that we are so proud of what this forum has achieved.

The growth of competition has led to a democratisation of the Oud scene where other vendors have been allowed a space to compete on level terms despite the desperate attempts from a certain individual to stifle this by any means. Understandably, those with a desire to maintain an almost fascistic and monopolistic hold over the market have tried to undermine this democratic and free community at every turn. In creating an open and fair community, we have seen a flowering of vendors, more choice and innovation and a consequent reduction in prices across the board. Everyone, except those who subscribe to a monopolistic vision, have benefitted.

Before the launch of Ouddict in July 2016, Habib was instrumental in opening my eyes to the fact that Artisanal quality Oud was far from over, as had been announced cynically for marketing purposes and was in fact, available from distillers at very reasonable prices compared to what they retailed for at the time. Before that, I had swallowed the half-truths of a certain vendor without question. We had both felt the burden of rising prices as customers and the unattainability of this wonderful scent for many who would love to experience Oud. With the discovery of the real prices at trade level, decided that the only way we could pay off our Oud debts and fund our passion was to go into the trade ourselves, while sharing lower prices to benefit customers like ourselves. It was Habib who was the one who urged me to revive my 2012 vision of a scent company and launch something together. Like most plans, it did not follow the script.

In the middle of our planning for this new venture, the Basenotes Oud thread was taken down in late June 2016 and Habib contacted me to say the dream was at an impasse. Ever the optimist, I said “no, let’s found our own forum” and we did with zero idea of the skills or software required. To say it was a steep learning curve is an understatement, but we managed through long hours and continual struggle to improve. With me on the technical controls and @Habz786 and @Mandeel AlMandeel populating the forum with members who came flooding over from Basenotes, what a time it was.

However. there was an issue that me and Habib picked up on very quickly in the first week of operations. All these new members were looking for a neutral platform… not a vendor platform and seeing how another vendor Oud forum had died after a year of operations in 2013, we decided that we would abstain from launching an Oud venture and focus on this forum instead. It was a difficult decision to make, but we decided that we would transition at some undefined time in the future, which never really came as running this forum made continual demands on our commitment and time.

At that time we knew that our “competition” like Imperial Oud, Al Shareef Oud, Feel Oud and the rest would benefit by operating on here, but we both made the decision to champion this platform in order to help revive the online Oud scene. We sincerely believed in our vision of allowing genuine and fair competition to thrive and allow any vendor to connect to customers directly in a way that did not exist on platform previously. This vision was worth far more to us than selling a few bottles of Oud. We firmly believed that equal access, openness and a level playing field for all would always overcome elitism, closeness and rigged environment that vendor owned forums epitomised.

With the rapid growth of this community, our hopes have been realised and this forum now represents the majority of online Artisanal Oud Vendors and the largest gathering place for Oud enthusiasts. Going forward, it will be run by all these stakeholders to ensure transparency, fairness and neutrality.

Habib has never advertised this fact or complained, but not a single drop of oil was sold by him during his position as admin and he held his ambitions in check for two years to get this community to where it is now. I hope people can appreciate this and see that rather than words, Habib’s efforts in building this community while forgoing his dream speak for his integrity and that they give wholehearted support to his new venture. This is a venture that embodies the spirit of Ouddict to provide people with a fair deal for the highest quality Artisanal Oud.

Sincerely wishing you the best of luck Habib in your new endeavour.
No doubt about it, ouddict.com create a new era for oud.
Thank you for your hard work @Habz786 and @Ouddict

Arsalan

True Ouddict
As a new Ouddict I truly appreciate what you guys have created here. Democratization aside, a place to provide education to the ones embarking on their oud journeys as well. Huge contribution to the “Oud community.” Finding this forum was like some one turned the lights on in a space I was just fumbling around in...the neutrality is key, otherwise it’s just marketing.
I have had the pleasure of purchasing a couple of items listed by @Habz786, and his patience with me and “customer service” has been nothing short of exceptional. Allowing me to experience some ouds that I had no idea how to find at this early stage, he opened the door for me, and provided guidance to properly start exploring oud in the truest sense. Great person to deal with.
Success & the best with the new venture brother!

VPhong

Oud Tea
Thank you to both you and Ouddict for the hard work that went into this forum. Wish you success brother. The products that I have tried from you have been excellent and great value for the quality. I am excited and look forward to following the releases under Hazoud.

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes. Free 5g of royal grade Omani frankensense with each purchase during Ramadan :handok: