Tried burning KZ Tanzanian Sandalwood this morning. I just DO NOT get pure Sandalwood incense. Smells too much like burning any old wood/campfire. Maybe my nose is broken. Sorry. I think I’ll part with all of my pure Sandalwood incense.

Now, KZ Eight Milleniums is a very nice stick. Very nice. Mellow, little spice, little bit woody (prob Sandalwood), something I can’t quite place. Very slight perfume—Maybe turmeric? Hmm...interesting one.
The Minorien Fu-in Sandalwood sticks have an added oil or aromatic to round-off that woody edge, and present a more creamy Mysore experience.

Baieido Jinkoh Kokoh old batch

A powerful blend of resin, spice, and agarwood. It took years to come to terms with it, initially I thought that it should be mainly agarwood.

Then some of Ken’s PNG

Very nice, I think that there are very many variations of Papuan agarwood, and some can be Excellent 😍

zahir

Ouducation Student
No doubt in some sticks, and synthetics in some sticks too, obvious with some, and more difficult to be certain with others.
Wait, what?!

What about the likes of Shoyeido? Do they also use synthetics?
Does Shoyeido use essential oils? They've advertised that they don't use synthetics at least.

Wait, what?!

What about the likes of Shoyeido? Do they also use synthetics?
Does Shoyeido use essential oils? They've advertised that they don't use synthetics at least.
I would trust Shoyeido’s claims.
From their premium line, I don’t smell synthetics, as for essential oils, I can’t be certain, because the natural ingredients and resins themselves may contain oil.

zahir

Ouducation Student
I would trust Shoyeido’s claims.
From their premium line, I don’t smell synthetics, as for essential oils, I can’t be certain, because the natural ingredients and resins themselves may contain oil.
Well, that's sad if even the likes of Shoyeido can not be trusted in their claims.

Do you know of any japanese houses which don't use essential oils or synthetics for sure?

Well, that's sad if even the likes of Shoyeido can not be trusted in their claims.

Do you know of any japanese houses which don't use essential oils or synthetics for sure?
I “would” trust Shoyeido’s claims.

As for “being sure” which house does not use essential oils or synthetics, I can’t be sure, I can only guess with my nose, and even at that, it will only be a guess.