[mention]wildrnesxprienc [/mention] & [mention]Oudamberlove [/mention] got me hooked onto appreciate Chokoh No 5.

I was heating some Ceram’97 on heater and Chokoh No 5 burning in the background.

I catch whiff of creamy sweet saffron, neither over powering nor strong. Just well rounded and dignified and ethereal.

Oh boy! Not sure if it’s from Chokoh No 5 or Ceram or Amalgamation of ceram and Chokoh No 5 notes but it was beautiful and a wow moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
Ken's Hidden Valley Orchid today.

The blend is great. I feel like that agar wood has been subdued a bit and creamy sandalwood is shining through. I feel an earthy texture, not sure if its papuan woods or something else. I notice this in a couple of other 'Lotus'/'Orchid' incense sticks. Perhaps, it's the processed Chrysanthemum.

Seikado Solitude Sandalwood
Creamy sandalwood
with a little perfume and spice.

Next up...
Homemade stick
Gyokushodo Indonesian Kizami
Similar to the Nippon Kodo Indonesian
but has a higher top note
or should I say ethereal, volatile,
plus I get a facet of Brunei and Ambon.
Two thumbs up on this wood,
it is Sub-worthy and Stick-worthy.

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
Shoyeido Myokaku

Dark, Sweet, Smooth and slightly spicy floral. I get some other aromatics along with agarwood, sometime I don't. I tried to rank it among others but could not. It is different. I think, I would rank it a notch above Ga-Ho just because this one is the new cat on the block.
Happy with this one. Can not wait what you guys think of this one.

I am eager to try Myokaku,
my sample should arrive by tonight,
but I won’t be home till morning.

Anyhow,
Baieido/Kohgen Koshiboku long stick today
I really like this blend, less woody,
more airy medicine with a perfume vibe.

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
If you burn it on a regular, the smell just stays for very long time. The sofas, the curtains, the clothes.
I am sure this would be same with other incense too but I found it more apparent with this one.

Shoyeido Myokaku
I sense a departure from their premium line,
Myokaku is under their luxury line,
the aromatics, although similar to Shokaku and Myoho, is tuned down to reveal more of the agarwood, but I say why not just add more agarwood ;)
Forgive me, but I’m just too used to my homemade sticks (90% agarwood).

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
Has he opened his Shop again. I wasnt able to receive any of his News letter in over a year actually
He just made a post on Instagram saying how he’s become bitter and despises incense making, teaching and all that stuff. He says Ken Cannata is essentially who he recommends and is an extension of himself. So if you want his incense style Ken is the way to go.