zahir

Ouducation Student
This plus Ambon, Mindanao and his recent Jayapura are his most rich agarwood sticks that I've smelled. I feel that that is the case because quality agarwood can still be sourced from places. Compared to mainland Asian countries.

This plus Ambon, Mindanao and his recent Jayapura are his most rich agarwood sticks that I've smelled. I feel that that is the case because quality agarwood can still be sourced from places. Compared to mainland Asian countries.
He didnā€™t have Jayapura at the last release, but Iā€™m keeping a look-outšŸ‘€šŸ¤ž

The older discontinued one or tenchi?

I have both, and honestly, I think tenchi is just fine. They arenā€™t so different to justify the price and quantity difference. Imo
I have the older Tenpyo, and I havenā€™t tried the Tenchi. If there isnā€™t much batch variation, thatā€™s a good thing. I canā€™t say the same for Baieido, their batch variations are far out.

Kunmeido Asuka

Some similarity to Tenpyo,
mostly the Reiryo part.
Then thereā€™s the tiniest bit of something minty which I donā€™t perceive very often.

All-in-all Tenpyo is way better IMO.

Mr.P

oud<3er
shoyeido ā€œincense roadā€ series Sandalwood sticks. This is a very modified and heavily seasoned sandalwood scent with that classic rich sweet ambergris and confectionery shoyeido spice/herb mixture. I smell something like this same mixture in various forms and intensities in their various sticks. I like their signature masala / incense theme

mindfuldrum30

Oud Beginner
I have the older Tenpyo, and I havenā€™t tried the Tenchi. If there isnā€™t much batch variation, thatā€™s a good thing. I canā€™t say the same for Baieido, their batch variations are far out.
I agree.

I got Kyara kokoh and sucks, but wasnā€™t quite the same as previous one. I found leaving a few sticks out of the box in plastic tubes for weeks, months, years, helps in someway make them not smell burnt. If that makes sense. It helps brings them alive.

Dr. Incense Malinau
Older batch (dark) versus
Newer batch (light).
Which is better?
Similar profile, but the older batch
is noticeably richer in scent.
BA987EC6-6178-47DB-9370-CF9AE9779799.jpeg