Incense and Bakhoor

Discussion in 'Incense Sticks and Bakhoor' started by Ouddict, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

That makes me want both hahaha

Oudamberlove likes this.
  2. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

Brother have u tried any of these Ga-Ho (refinement) Go-Un (5 clouds) and Sho-Kaku(Translucent Path) ... need some words

3. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

UOTE]
    Brother have u tried any of these Ga-Ho (refinement) Go-Un (5 clouds) and Sho-Kaku(Translucent Path) ... need some words

4. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I copied this write-up from Olfactory Rescue Service.
    Ga-Ho
    (Refinement) is not only one of the triumphs of the Shoyeido Premium Incense line but of the entire world of Japanese incense. This is a barely sub-Kyara aloeswood incense of extraordinary properties. It’s most noticeable quality is another level of the aloeswood, spikenard and clove blend that characterizes all of the green premiums, here it’s so refined and sublime that there are almost cumin or celery notes on the perfume. But this almost arid dryness is only one level of the incense. The aloeswood here is typical of the finest in wood you’re to find outside kyara, so resinated that the aroma seems initially lost in the blend, but once the heavy intensity hits you it’s as if it makes the incense. I tend to think of highly resinated aloeswood to be something of a palette your memory draws on and here the head space is gigantic. And that’s not all as the third element is a floral perfume that compliments everything perfectly, not always showing up obviously but mostly when it needs to be there as the climax of the symphony. As great as the top three incenses in this line are, I honestly don’t see Ga-Ho as any less impressive, particularly if dry aloeswood incenses are to your tastes. It’s certainly quite a bit less expensive than its kyara sisters.

My take is:
    Go-un, Ga-ho, and Sho-Kaku share a similar blend.
    Lower camphor than other Japanese brands, and in my opinion....contemporary(less spice, medicine, and herbs).

Sho-Kaku has the least added aromatics, and the most Green Oil Kyara. Go-Un has sandalwood, and is more dreamy. Ga-ho doesn’t have any Kyara note, but is very solid-good.
    Along with Myo-ho, I absolutely love these sticks, and use them very often.
    They don’t complete my collection, but I can’t think of a world without them:X3:

Joe King and Dan like this.
  5. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

Thanks bro one last question where do u source them from? Shoyeido US is super expensive compared to local Japanese prices

6. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Shunkohdo Ranjatai

I’m enjoying an excellent musk note in this stick

Dan and RisingPhoenix like this.
  7. joev

joev Whats this Oud About?

Oud amber love, I couldn’t agree more. I don’t have refinement based on the olfactory rescue review, but I do have translucent path, infinity, and 5 clouds. Each is a masterpiece by itself. It doesn’t get better the more you spend, rather you spend on a particular blend. I think my favorite is translucent path, because I burn it the least amount. I am savoring it.

Dan and RisingPhoenix like this.

Promote Oud!