hawk_757

Barn Bro
Got a hold of some Jing Kwan (clear gaze) Korean temple incense...a blend of agar malaccensis, olibanum, sandalwood, and other spices. It's an all natural blend that is comparable to a shoyeido product. Great stuff!

Got a hold of some Jing Kwan (clear gaze) Korean temple incense...a blend of agar malaccensis, olibanum, sandalwood, and other spices. It's an all natural blend that is comparable to a shoyeido product. Great stuff!

Did they offer pure incense sticks?

hawk_757

Barn Bro
@Mandeel AlMandeel, you may find it offered by quite a few internet retailers. I misspoke earlier; it contains agar agallocha, not malaccensis.
jing kwan (clear gaze).jpg

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Incense this afternoon after lunch and before nap: 9 life times via 2088tea aka Kyara zen.

Hong Kong material and red soil. Both of these ingredients are new to me. It mostly smells of burning autumn leaves with very faint 1 in 10 kinam like scents. Not for novice or even intermediates I find. Definitely an acquired taste. One that I enjoy from afar. Best part is scent left behind after the super thin sticks are done burning. I also very strongly recommend burning upright. On angle or upside down it will burn too fast and ruin the delicate notes.

Unlike Japanese Kyara/agarwood that I "get it" even blind smelling, this one here is still a puzzle for me. To be studied and tried again.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Incense this afternoon after lunch and before nap: 9 life times via 2088tea aka Kyara zen.

Hong Kong material and red soil. Both of these ingredients are new to me. It mostly smells of burning autumn leaves with very faint 1 in 10 kinam like scents. Not for novice or even intermediates I find. Definitely an acquired taste. One that I enjoy from afar. Best part is scent left behind after the super thin sticks are done burning. I also very strongly recommend burning upright. On angle or upside down it will burn too fast and ruin the delicate notes.

Unlike Japanese Kyara/agarwood that I "get it" even blind smelling, this one here is still a puzzle for me. To be studied and tried again.

Hi Rasul,

Was it the chinese oud stick that where sold recently ?

I went yesterday to hunt for sticks but nothing lol