Dan

True Ouddict
Started with Shoyeido Myo-ho for a kyara cloud effect, then I followed with Shunkohdo Kyara Seikan....Man! with this stick I feel like I’m snuggling up to a campfire made with agarwood logs, so comforting and attractive. I’d even roll out a sleeping bag and nap beside the burning agarwood logs. Such a fantasy, because the resin in an agarwood log might smell like burnt plastic....therein lies the beauty of sticks.
Burned My-Ho as well brother and followed it with IO Vietnamese Stick

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I only have 2 sticks of Yamadamatsu Kyara Firebird Red Label, so I seldom light them, well......lit it up today.....good stuff!!!
But it does have a lot going on. Many ingredients.

Finished with Nippon Kodo Kyara Heian.
Although it’s not a flowery stick, there is a floral aura.

Last edited:
Kunmeido Asuka

A noticeable use of Reiryo, which is common with this incense maker, together with a very dry agarwood hit, similar to the dryness of Shoyeido’s Ga-ho.

Dan

True Ouddict
What’s that stick like, Dan?
Go-Un has a very decent play between Sandalwood, Agarwood and Green Oil Kyara ... though the Kyara nuances are limited not like what you experience with higher range like Myo-Ho and Sho-Kaku...

Also this is the last stick in the premium range which has element of Sandalwood present. For me this is a good fumigating incense instead of actually sitting with it and meditating...

I still prefer Myo-Ho over all the premium range incense.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

A trio from Shunkohdo
Zuika Koh
Yoshino no Haru
Haru no Kaori

The Zuika Koh has a rather gentle aroma of woods and a background of flower. I wonder if the little bit of floral is natural or synthetic.

Yoshino no Haru, is supposed to emulate the smell of spring in Yoshino. It may be there in the background, but the use of Reiryo is obvious.

Haru no Kaori, has a more natural smelling floral in the background. Another spring type scent. I like the agarwood used in this mix, reminds me of a Sweet Vietnamese variety.

hedycent

True Ouddict
Ahh thanks for that, I dug a little bit on the net, I found two conflicting lines of information. One suggested that Reiryoko is a primula the other suggestion is that it's an apiaceae . Any botanical specifics are greatly appreciated

Reactions: Dan
Ahh thanks for that, I dug a little bit on the net, I found two conflicting lines of information. One suggested that Reiryoko is a primula the other suggestion is that it's an apiaceae . Any botanical specifics are greatly appreciated
I read that Reiryo is Fenugreek, but another site saying that it is erroneously called Fenugreek, so to play safe I always call it Reiryo:)

Dipping into some seldom used sticks,
I rediscovered the Shunkohdo Haru no Kaori.
I may have to include it in my rotation.

Gentle garden with beautiful sweet aloeswood.

Baieido Kunsho

There’s a little sweetness in this stick, owed to the Cambodian agarwood.

Kenneth Cannata Brunei

Second batch unreleased
Pretty much identical to the first batch.
I don’t know if it’s my imagination, but it leaves a heavier agarwood presence in the air than the first batch.........yummmmmmmmm:)

Last edited: