Rogi1

Oud Fan
Hello,

I’m new here but I’ve been lurking for quite some time. I’ve used (and loved) Oud, ambergris, and various macerations for many years but only recently decided to take a deep dive into these specific parts of a composition. This forum has helped me so much… so thank you all for contributing over the years and for keeping this forum alive.

Recently, I have acquired a STACK of Ish’s RBO oils. I’m finding that I love non-linear ouds that don’t turn methol-like or present a cough medicine aroma. My ideal Oud would be plummy honeyish smoky but also have a touch of barnyard to make it interesting. Currently, I love the RBO Pursat as well as the Trat and his 60 day soaked offering. Is it me or are those oils 100% night and day different? If I could find something that’s a combination of honey soaked plums AND complex, like the Trat (or even barnyardy), it would be the perfect Oud for me. Any recommendations?

Also, I have acquired several beautiful offerings from Ulugbek. The Oud samples were extremely long lasting and they produced billowing clouds of fragrance. I will list the names of my favorites once I confirm the spellings on the labels. In addition to the Oud samples, the 1:4 maceration was simply gorgeous. I’m definitely sticking with that ratio because I want to avoid having a paste as a result. 1:4 was perfect for the aroma to be strong while the oil retained its properties.

Both Ish and Ulugbek were extremely easy to work with, great communication, fast shipping, and all ordered items were as they should be.

I’m off to try some more of my Oud samples!

Rogi1

Oud Fan
Of the oil samples from Ulugbek, my favorites are:

Garohills

Sumatra

Chant

They are all very pleasant, non barnyardy, office friendly. The oil is significantly thinner than that of RBO but seem to be more powerful in general.