Muhammed Patel

Oud Beginner
Greetings to all oud lovers.

I wanted to ask you all how you store your prized oud possessions. Do you lock them away in a dark cupboard or do you place them on display shelves? I currently store mine in a small box but wish to get something more fancy to give them their due honour.

Do you use fancy boxes/shelves?

Thanks,
Mo.

I have too many scentables to fit into one container. So they are in several totes which don't allow light, and keeps everything at a cool temperature. For aesthetics I would prefer a nice display wall, but that would be terrible exposing them like that.

IMG_20171127_151429_01.jpg

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
i argon gas bottles after each use, esp if there is more than 30% air space.
i keep the funky, barny, animal oils seperately in sealed container.
i keep woods all in different seperate glass containers with full seal closers as to ensure no cross contamination. i dont do this with "A" grade or lesser quality chips but rather with double super and better woods.

and yes all kept in dark cupboard with no glass. i kinda like the secret stash feel.

lastly here is some eye candy of my new sturdy and v vial (1 gram or less and full size) holder.

rasoul afzelia burl oud holder 3.jpeg rasoul afzelia burl oud holder 4.jpeg
rasoul afzelia burl oud holder 3.jpeg
rasoul afzelia burl oud holder 4.jpeg

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
In multiple box's away from light, the weather in the UK is generelly cool so the temp sits about right. Woods are kept in air tight containers away from any oils.