Help About Berkilau Agar Aura

Discussion in 'General' started by halim, Mar 21, 2019.

1. halim

halim Oud Relax

salam alykoom
    i need some information to clarify a situation i want to get berkilau AA oil
    but i just noticed two different color for one name oil
    so i hope who have the original berkilau or who know if have many version can give me of information
    i attached the two color i noticed
    thanks to ouddict forum to be possible to clarify this type of situation
    the black color
    Screenshot_20190319-231802_Gallery.jpg
    the brown reddish orange color
    IMG_1131.PNG

Woodland Note likes this.
  2. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Moderator Staff Member

Wa Alaikum Salaam.
    I might not be the most qualified here person to answer this question. But I think it might be just a different lighting causing the visuals of the color. I have here some EO Green Papua, and its color is looking different under different light. Deep dark red under more yellow artificial light, and dark almost blackish green under more natural or white light.

3. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I experienced Berkilau direct from Taha.
    The bottom picture looks more like it.
    You have to consider the exposure of the pictures.
    Although both pictures used flash photography, one is in a well lit room with a white background, the other from a dimly lit room and a dark background.
    The next thing to consider is the source.
    I don’t know the source of the oil in the top picture, but the bottom picture is from Jasin in Alaska. He had two of these for sale on ebay, someone already purchased the one pictured here, only the full bottle is still available. I have bought several bottles from him before, and all were good and authentic. Taha knows him well, you should have seen the Malaysian Super kings that he got from Taha. They were off-da-hook.
    But ultimately, each case is unique, I will not make any claim or garuantee that your experience with Jasin will be a satisfactory. I just thought I’d share my 2 centavos:D

Sproaty, Woodland Note and halim like this.
  4. halim

halim Oud Relax

thanks @Woodland Note
    @Oudamberlove did you have sturdy bottle like the bottom picture ? yes must be notice the light and the serious of jason i talk with him but the two different color intiguing me can you post the color of your oil or i must be contact taha
    yes jason look serious he have special k oil at sale and kz 85

Oudamberlove likes this.
  5. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

I remember it being a yellowish/orange oil....could be wrong best to ask @Taha

Oudamberlove likes this.
  6. halim

halim Oud Relax

yes maybe wait @Taha said about this

Oudamberlove likes this.
  7. Martin

Martin Oud Novice

The new Malaysian king is Agar Aura Malaya. . Berkilau is an awesome deep Malaysian oud oil though. The Berkilau I have looks like the oil in sturdy glasd vial photo.

Oudamberlove and halim like this.
  8. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

My Berkilau found a new home.
    That’s what I get for having an insatiable appetite for Japanese Incense:Cooler:

As for color variance, my Port Moresby changed color from greenish to orangish, I blame more oxygen within the container. I saw Ayu change from blue to greenish blue, I blame the settling, as it was not an aged oil.

But I would bet, that the oils in the two pictures are the same color, if viewed in person under the same lighting.:Whistling::Whistling:

rojas and Martin like this.
  9. IM_AU

IM_AU Whats this Oud About?

I own two version of Berkilau from Taha
    One was called Berkilau and the other one is Berkilau Hitam
    Berkilau Hitam was from the last pull of the same distillation
    From the photos I think the second photo looks closer to the colour of Original Berkilaus

halim and Oudamberlove like this.
  10. halim

halim Oud Relax

11. rojas

rojas Junior Member

@halim the Berkilau Ive put up for sale is from Taha himself direct and is the original first pull.

Ouddict and halim like this.
  12. halim

halim Oud Relax

13. rojas

rojas Junior Member

20190324_161257.jpg Here is the pic of the same oil in different contrasts depending on which bottle it is in. The decant I use for my routine usage standing next to its orginal bottle . One juice two colors.

14. rojas

rojas Junior Member

Some confusion has been prevailing over the color of this oil , and I have sought the help of the master himself who crafted this oil to throw some light on wherabouts of this oil .
    Here is the email copy of his response to my query regarding the oud oil "Berkilau " 20190325_170740.jpg

Chipkill likes this.

Promote Oud!