Got any unconventional scents you like besides oud?

Discussion in 'The Natural Perfumer's Palette' started by GLTASN, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

Hi, I think it was around £8 plus shipping (which was more than the scent) - it seems a very green colour when you pull the applicator out of the bottle. I bought a few other oils at the same time so that shipping wasn't too crazy for an item that costs less than the shipping!
    It looks similar in colour to your picture - black inside the bottle but then is actually green

Roman Abdullah likes this.
  2. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Moderator Staff Member

Many, to name a few more exotic: russian olive flowers, dragon blood resin, japanese pieris flowers...

3. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Dragon blood resin :handok:
    One of my favorites. It is unique, has an almost igneous rock like scent.

4. Roman Abdullah

Roman Abdullah Whats this Oud About?

How much the cost of ruh khus oil per tola u brought.. brother can u please give me the seller contact .. i really want to buy it ..

5. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

It was £8 for 3ml - so £32 for a tola. From Agarwood Assam - https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/AgarwoodAssam - but it doesn't seem to be listed any more

Roman Abdullah likes this.
  6. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

I love the smell of Pasta wehen its ready and taken out of the boiling water o_O

Joe King and Sproaty like this.
  7. Woodland Note

Yes, I know what you mean. I still have a few grams of that one too somewhere. However, I was referring to something else I smelled once upon the time in West London. It was march, quite cold, maybe a few degrees above 0 °C. I was walking somewhere when I started to smell something very pleasant in the air. It was something I was associating in my mind with purple/pink color, freshly washed clothing and something erotic, very sensual. I started to look around for the source of this mysterious scent. It wasn’t too hard, because the closer I was the stronger was the scent. Like 150-200 meters away I found 2 trees in big clay pots standing on someone’s yard in front of the house. Maybe around 1,5 meter tall and 10cm thick trunks. They were cut, obviously on purpose, and the red resin was dripping out of that wounds. Till today I wonder what was this scent exactly. I think the trees were Dracaena Draco, but I’m not 100% sure. And I’m not 100% sure if it was trees or something else in this particular yard or the house. I was too busy and not feeling like trespassing on someone’s private property to verify. Though now I wish I did, or just took a quick moment to ring the house to ask the owner what it was. But my strong bet is on that tree's resin. Some years later I got myself baby plants of Dracaena Draco, but I could not reproduce that scent with small drops of their resin. :( Perhaps they were too young or it had to meet specific conditions like temperature or maybe it was not this specie after all... I wish I knew... Maybe one day I will be lucky to find scent again.

8. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Very cool story! Crossing my fingers that you find the scent again!
    How are the plants now, still growing?

Woodland Note likes this.
  9. Woodland Note

Thank you! :Thumbsup:

As for the plants, yes, they are. 6 years old now and very resilient beasts. However, at the moment they live with my friend. I had to leave them with him for some time because I moved back to my motherland country and I had literally a tone of belongings. It wasn’t easy to move with all the stuff. But I know they are safe with him and one day we shall meet again. :)
    Though they would probably prefer to avoid it... because I might stab or cut them a bit....:Sneaky: :Roflmao:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Joe King, Grega and Sproaty like this.
  10. Roman Abdullah

Roman Abdullah Whats this Oud About?

Sproaty likes this.
  11. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

:Roflmao: Haha and you shall be known to them as "The One Who Cuts".

Woodland Note likes this.
  12. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

There are few aromas as intoxicating as the scent of ripe homegrown grapes. When you sit beneath the vines, they make for a beautiful ambient aroma. Plus for an added bonus you can stretch your hands and eat them fresh. IMG_20180908_123248.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  13. Kabir Attars

Kabir Attars Whats this Oud About?

Me too...:(

Grega likes this.
  14. Kabir Attars

Kabir Attars Whats this Oud About?

I like the smell of that dark organic gardening loom earth...it's pitch black and smells sweet earthy with a mild musky note.

15. mlb78

mlb78 Just Arrived

Every once in a while, in a Seattle summer, a gentle, cooling onshore flow will come up into the downtown area from the Puget Sound. The whole city acquires a really fresh and pleasing aroma of seaweed and salt.

16. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

Love that smell as wel!

17. Broomhilde

Broomhilde Whats this Oud About?

Fresh lime juice. Clove cigarettes. Unfiltered Beeswax. New boots. Armenian Nutmeg cake. Rock Pools. Mosquito coils. Mud. Engine rooms. The Peak in the rain (HK). Silk scarves with traces of perfumes past. Christmas trees. Tanning lotion carried on sea breezes.

Grega, Kabir Attars, Sproaty and 3 others like this.
  18. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Smell of teak, and honey. The smell of winter morning in our village, especially when we visit during heavy fog. My stamp collection. The liquid that comes of when we pluck a green mango from the tree.

19. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Indeed beautiful. Been smelling that just a few days ago.
    Also the smell of clay when you find it next to a clean stream. That is another wonderful scent.

Joe King, powdernose and Ashfaque like this.

Promote Oud!