Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
@Mandeel AlMandeel yes i remember Ensar saying this but the post seems to have ironically dissapeared. "If KZ85 is Oud then you can say Ensar knows nothing about Oud". He started all of this and planted seeds in many peoples minds. I think the least he can do is publically apologise and take back his false statments which he based on his nose. It goes to show doesnt matter what you claim to be, whether its Mozart or Picaso, as humans we should never think we are the be all end all of anything.

peter4ptv

@Mandeel AlMandeel yes i remember Ensar saying this but the post seems to have ironically dissapeared. "If KZ85 is Oud then you can say Ensar knows nothing about Oud". He started all of this and planted seeds in many peoples minds. I think the least he can do is publically apologise and take back his false statments which he based on his nose. It goes to show doesnt matter what you claim to be, whether its Mozart or Picaso, as humans we should never think we are the be all end all of anything.
here is the post from Ensar still on basenotes:
<<<<<I also tried Ajmal Masterpiece and don't find it pure. I don't think KZ85 is agarwood oil at all. I guess we're going to have to learn to live with our differences.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The problem with KZ85 was that it was a "borderline" scent profile. It left doubts in many peoples minds as to wether it was pure oud.

Case in point:
Before all this GCMS of KZ85
Jasin sent me a blind test of two vials when I bought some oils from him. The first one I identified as a Malaysian oil, a plain Malaysian oil. The second one I identified as some sort of Mukhallat. It turns out that Jasin sent me samples of two of his best oils. The one I thought was a plain Malaysian was Oud Sultani:eek: and the one I thought was a Mukhallat was KZ85 :Cautious:.
Even KZ thought to have it tested before he released KZ85, and Ensar bet his whole career on it. KZ85 sure fooled many.
One thing I did notice, was that KZ85 smelled very similar to a fragrant chunk of aloeswood that I had. That is what made me think that it could be oud, and that my initial impression was probably wrong. But still, to be honest, I could not be certain either way. Anyhow, the bottom line is that it did smell very good:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fast forward to the present, our oud community has truly learned from this, and we have experienced other extracts as well. All our oud knowledge just climbed up a notch....BAM!!!!:)

But wait:hand:.....
Do we need to start a thread as to wether KZ85 was an extract?...or hydro-distilled? :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

@Oudamberlove guess Ensar lost the bet then :clapping: lol. KZ85 has a very unique profile and because it shares a similar profile to ASO Lamah which contains kinam im sure the wood used for this was very special.
Even if Ensar lost the bet, he can't close shop, because "The Vault" still contains too many oils with a street value in 8 Figures:eek: If those oils are withheld from the oud-buying public, we would have to contract special forces, for Mission; "Vault Take-Over". Forget MOCA, it will be MOSF, Make Oud Stolen and Free :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Even if Ensar lost the bet, he can't close shop, because "The Vault" still contains too many oils with a street value in 8 Figures:eek: If those oils are withheld from the oud-buying public, we would have to contract special forces, for Mission; "Vault Take-Over". Forget MOCA, it will be MOSF, Make Oud Stolen and Free :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Looks like the End of Oud is a quite a way off then... back in 2012 he claimed that he would run out of Oud inventory by the end of the year.

agarwoodindonesia

Oud Beginner
Waaleykum salam,

Excellent! Thanks for the insight. Would you mind sharing the name of that oil so that us consumers are aware of it and hence don't get fooled into buying that oil?
Pardon for ultra late response, no name. But the friend who gave it to me, said it is the most popular aroma in KSA. Hence mass produced, so sad that most people in the area where the oud is center to their daily life never taste the real ones except for few. Same way like good tea and coffee perhaps?

Sent from my ASUS_X007D using Tapatalk

Habz786

@agarwoodindonesia and all other vendors do you have any GCMS results of adulterated oils? Or can you explain how one would know if an oil is impure based on a GCMS report? Are there certain clear evident compounds which = impure?

agarwoodindonesia

Oud Beginner
@agarwoodindonesia and all other vendors do you have any GCMS results of adulterated oils? Or can you explain how one would know if an oil is impure based on a GCMS report? Are there certain clear evident compounds which = impure?
Salaam Habz please check up here : http://agarwoodindonesia.com/cambodi-a-quick-answer-to-forgery/
I've bring up a new article here :
http://agarwoodindonesia.com/agarwood-oil-oud-oil-common-adulterants/
Oud has commonalities in chemical terms, even from different species and areas they will have the same Chromatogram pattern, not in details but in pattern. Once something is added inside you can tell which is which if you ever tested a pure one before.
The present of phtalates for example if it is 0.XX % it can be a dilution of plastic use in the storage process or the production process, if the amount is suspiciously high like 5% that can be sign of incorrect process and or smear practice the vendor in the way .
Other perspective : http://www.phytochemia.com/en/2017/06/05/how-much-agarwood-in-your-agarwood/

Say I am making promotion also I expand into sandalwood oil as well.

powdernose

Oud Sprite
Bump.

I'd read over at Basenotes that certain members had gone ahead and GCMS tested a couple of their oils.
I've searched high and low and can't find any posted reports.
If anyone has done such testing, please post and share your results.
And if you are on the shy side, please PM me.

thanks

Ouddict

Bump.

I'd read over at Basenotes that certain members had gone ahead and GCMS tested a couple of their oils.

thanks

I believe @Mandeel AlMandeel had results.

MzM

Oud King
Bump.

thanks
Pm me as well please : )

Habz786

As far as im aware and i could be mistaken @Mandeel AlMandeel said he would release the Oud Sultani GCMS results once the KZ1985 results were shared, i believe that didnt happen and all we were told is that the oil is pure and not labdamun as some people claimed. Mandeel did mention to me that Oud Sultani is a pure and high quality oil, also he is busy now and will return to the forum once he has time.

peter4ptv

, i believe that didnt happen and all we were told is that the oil is pure and not labdamun as some people claimed. .
as far as I remember the test was a bit controversial test was saying something like "it did contained some agarwood oil but cut with significant amount of other materials"

Ouddict

as far as I remember the test was a bit controversial test was saying something like "it did contained some agarwood oil but cut with significant amount of other materials"

Nope... go and read the BN posts. I think, apart from @powdernose, everyone concurred that the oil is pure. I haven’t really looked into the issue in depth as I believe it was brought up by a mysterious Ali Senjefi on Basenotes for his own ends (presumably Albanian given the name and I know of only one other Albanian in the world of Oud). Therefore not worth wasting my time chasing a red herring.

MzM

Oud King
Nope... go and read the BN posts. I think, apart from @powdernose, everyone concurred that the oil is pure. I haven’t really looked into the issue in depth as I believe it was brought up by a mysterious Ali Senjefi on Basenotes for his own ends (presumably Albanian given the name and I know of only one other Albanian in the world of Oud). Therefore not worth wasting my time chasing a red herring.
Are you sure? According to this post by Kesiro it agreed with what Peter is saying.
"There has been a lot of speculation and controversy about purity of some oils. The KZ85 has been a hot potato for a while. I have never tried this oil but it certainly has a following.
There have been claims by some the oil is pure and others that it may not be. So recently, the GCMS result for this oil was posted on Basenotes.
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/445669-KZ85-THe-GCMS-results

The comments from the tester state "The sample did contain some authentic agarwood essential oil but the sample was also cut with a significant amount of non-volatile material as evidenced by the low TIC number, the unusual late eluting components and the combination with phthalates."

So, unless my reading comprehension is going bad, it appears the questions about it being a pure oud seem to be valid?"

Habz786

@MzM thanks i didnt remember the results had been released even though i think i was the one who posted them! Bad memory sorry! Just been reminded by @Ouddict

Reactions: MzM