Funk Meister

Discussion in 'OudBase Perfumery' started by Rahel, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Rahel

Rahel Resident Artisan

Before I proceed to talk about this oil, I want you to consider two facts about the archetypal Hindi genre of oud:

Fact One. Historically, oud that was described as “Hindi” originated from the Indian subcontinent, regardless of whether the jungle lay in modern-day Assam, India or across the border in Bangladesh. Jungles and plant species do not require passports to cross artificial borders.

Fact Two. The quintessential hallmark of Hindi oud oils has been the “barn” element of the scent profile.

Taking these two factors into account, I want to introduce Funk Meister from Bangladesh. This is the most unapologetic Hindi oil I have ever encountered. It is literally a barn tour-de-force surrounded by an almost floral and chocolate opening that characterises good quality organic oils from this region. If you demand your Hindis with maximum barn and the projection, sillage and longevity dialled up to their limits, then this is your oil. This is one oud oil that will put a smile on the face of oud purists and turn heads of passers-by.

Taesik Yun likes this.

Promote Oud!