• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

From Frustration to Innovation!

The Oud Lab

Perfumery House
03 - Innovation - 02 - English.png

Necessity is the mother of invention, and as a Oud Head, I have faced a number of issues in my journey that made me think to myself: "I can make this better".
When I started dreaming about The Oud Lab as a brand, it all came from my journey in this field. I wanted to make it a better experience for people who are newly venturing into this world; as well as the seasoned veterans.
In this post I'll specifically address 2 points regarding "Packaging":
The first thing that used to drive me crazy as an Oud lover, is going through my collection of quarter tola bottles in order to find a specific oil. I did categorize them based on regions and so on, but still! there is so much time wasted pulling every quarter tola to see the label and identify the oil.
When you grow your collection, this becomes a tedious experience at times! Thus, I came with a solution and I'm introducing it through The Oud Lab.
-
We solved this issue by choosing bottles with a flat circular surface, and by custom printing every oil's/blend's name on a circular sticker that fits the top of the bottle. Take a look at the pics!
-
This idea emerged so we can save you time and effort in picking up bottles from a bird's eye view. You can still be looking at your Oud box from above and also identify which one is which!.
Secondly; I made sure that our black boxes are made of sturdy material and are reusable! This box can be used to fit 4x4 quarter tola bottles. Our bottles, other bottles,....namely; any 3ml bottles! just take the foam insert and replace it with your ouds. This way you'll have a ready travel box to keep your Ouds safe and protected.
We take care of those tiny details to smoothen your journey into the world of ouds and scents.
The Oud Lab - We innovate, and welcome it when other brands draw inspiration from our ideas. We believe in the common good for everyone, and if our ideas will make other people happy, then we have added value not only to ourselves and customers, but to all oud and scent lovers.

Last edited:

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
View attachment 19735

Necessity is the mother of invention, and as a Oud Head, I have faced a number of issues in my journey that made me think to myself: "I can make this better".
When I started dreaming about The Oud Lab as a brand, it all came from my journey in this field. I wanted to make it a better experience for people who are newly venturing into this world; as well as the seasoned veterans.
The first thing that used to drive me crazy as an Oud lover, is going through my collection of quarter tola bottles in order to find a specific oil. I did categorize them based on regions and so on, but still! there is so much time wasted pulling every quarter tola to see the label and identify the oil.
When you grow your collection, this becomes a tedious experience at times! Thus, I came with a solution and I'm introducing it through The Oud Lab.
-
We solved this issue by choosing bottles with a flat circular surface, and by custom printing every oil's/blend's name on a circular sticker that fits the top of the bottle. Take a look at the pics!
-
This idea emerged so we can save you time and effort in picking up bottles from a bird's eye view. You can still be looking at your Oud box from above and also identify which one is which!.
Secondly; I made sure that our black boxes are made of sturdy material and are reusable! This box can be used to fit 4x4 quarter tola bottles. Our bottles, other bottles,....namely; any 3ml bottles! just take the foam insert and replace it with your ouds. This way you'll have a ready travel box to keep your Ouds safe and protected.
We take care of those tiny details to smoothen your journey into the world of ouds and scents.
The Oud Lab - We innovate, and welcome it when other brands copy our ideas. We believe in the common good for everyone, and if our ideas will make other people happy, then we have added value not only to ourselves and customers, but to all oud and scent lovers.
View attachment 19735

-
-
The Oud Lab - We innovate, and welcome it when other brands copy our ideas. We believe in the common good for everyone, and if our ideas will make other people happy, then we have added value not only to ourselves and customers, but to all oud and scent lovers.
I really like the colouring of the packaging brother. A well thought out display box. Great, yet simple....very well done @ The Oud Lab

Mustafa

True Ouddict
View attachment 19735

-
-
The Oud Lab - We innovate, and welcome it when other brands draw inspiration from our ideas. We believe in the common good for everyone, and if our ideas will make other people happy, then we have added value not only to ourselves and customers, but to all oud and scent lovers.
Over the years I have thrown out tons and tons of fancy packages because they are not operational except may be Al-Shareef's boxes. I use them to store 3g bottles.
This is so simple yet so effective masha Allah. Thanks for thinking this through my brother. Mabrook

SamiterkiW

Oud Fan
Brother AbuTominaga is psychoanalyst ^^
He gave us the trick « Discover a new oil at a new place » and this is definitely true as that fix the experience to the memory brain ! This way is absolutely accurate and lovable !
I think the packaging playing big role in the enjoyment of an oil !
The design of the glass full bottles polished with beautiful black caps (like Mosque dome) of Jinkoh store that i love so much!
The Oud Lab V-vial with the amazing caps ! the colors of the boxes, the Bags adds, the Oud oils names, the pictures and the stories in Ensar web site, Even the fast shipping play a role … And Quality of smell first of course !
The Oud Lab offering the best packaging I have ever received so far ! It’s like I am coming back from Louis Vuitton or Dior in Paris champ Élysée with my Bag and boxes inside and looking forward to opening that in my house ^^
The only recommandations I can add to put the experience even better is to add inside boxes : somes tiny pics to swipe the oils from samples :) (orange and black maybe) ^^
I am French so I always something to say even when it’s perfect ^^
But your offering is above my hoping so far about your packaging and quality of oils even without adding anything else :)
Mashallah
Thank you so much Bro

The Oud Lab

Perfumery House
Brother AbuTominaga is psychoanalyst ^^
He gave us the trick « Discover a new oil at a new place » and this is definitely true as that fix the experience to the memory brain ! This way is absolutely accurate and lovable !
I think the packaging playing big role in the enjoyment of an oil !
The design of the glass full bottles polished with beautiful black caps (like Mosque dome) of Jinkoh store that i love so much!
The Oud Lab V-vial with the amazing caps ! the colors of the boxes, the Bags adds, the Oud oils names, the pictures and the stories in Ensar web site, Even the fast shipping play a role … And Quality of smell first of course !
The Oud Lab offering the best packaging I have ever received so far ! It’s like I am coming back from Louis Vuitton or Dior in Paris champ Élysée with my Bag and boxes inside and looking forward to opening that in my house ^^
The only recommandations I can add to put the experience even better is to add inside boxes : somes tiny pics to swipe the oils from samples :) (orange and black maybe) ^^
I am French so I always something to say even when it’s perfect ^^
But your offering is above my hoping so far about your packaging and quality of oils even without adding anything else :)
Mashallah
Thank you so much Bro

Thank you very much for your feedback.
The swiping picks are a very nice addition! I'll definitely look into it.
I'm very picky as a person and I have an eye for detail. I always look on how things can be improved. You can tell I'm a perfectionist. the downside is that I get a bit frustrated easily with trivial things. telling myself (they could have made this better by doing this or that).
Now, I do have an outlet to exercise all of this.

What I'm after is a total experience.
I pick my oils very carefully and make sure I offer the best qualities, and with such high quality oils, I also wanted the packaging to fit this experience!

Oud is an expensive infatuation and I wanted to make sure it's also represented and delivered in a way that shows respect to the material and also the oud-lover.

Please always feel free to communicate your feedback. it's highly appreciated mon frère :)

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Thank you very much for your feedback.
The swiping picks are a very nice addition! I'll definitely look into it.
I'm very picky as a person and I have an eye for detail. I always look on how things can be improved. You can tell I'm a perfectionist. the downside is that I get a bit frustrated easily with trivial things. telling myself (they could have made this better by doing this or that).
Now, I do have an outlet to exercise all of this.

What I'm after is a total experience.
I pick my oils very carefully and make sure I offer the best qualities, and with such high quality oils, I also wanted the packaging to fit this experience!

Oud is an expensive infatuation and I wanted to make sure it's also represented and delivered in a way that shows respect to the material and also the oud-lover.

Please always feel free to communicate your feedback. it's highly appreciated mon frère :)
Why have I been thinking you were based in USA...
You are not....:)
Dubai is much closer then USA.....for shipping....had it in my head you were in USA.... 😄