Bob DeLuca

Oud Beginner
Hello, friends,
It's amazing, but it has already been two months since the incredible fires that swept through Sonoma County in the middle of the night. Ours was among the first houses to be taken, before any of us knew what hit us. We had a few minutes to flee, so i grabbed my wife, my kids, and, of course, as much oud as I could! Luckily, many of my oud oils were in one place, but some ouds, a few hundred grams of wood, kyara, an electric burner, charcoal, and other treasures, like Mysore chunks, ambergris, and non oud essential oils, were not easy to gather in the smoke and dark, so they didn't make it out. :(

I have been a bit shy about posting, but have been encouraged by all the kindness I have found here.

I am hoping to slowly rebuild some of my collection, and would be immensely grateful for any help in doing so. At this moment, I can not buy anything, but at some point in the next few months, I will.
Thank you all so much for being such a great community!
Warmest regards,
Bob
Santa Rosa, California

Bob DeLuca

Oud Beginner
Thank you, Faizal, we are indeed deeply thankful to be alive and well, and part of a community that has been working together in a powerful way.

Hedycent I would have to say after kyara, I have loved ant nest from anywhere, most of the Vietnam I have gotten from Tony Bolton, Assam, Sri Lanka.... I really enjoy the honey tones, but my heart is really with the heart notes, the deep resinous, otherworldly, complex, I guess oudiness!

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Really sorry to hear about your circumstances due to the fires, the most important thing is that you and your family are safe. Do you enjoy frankensense or is it just agarwood?

Bob DeLuca

Oud Beginner
Hello, Habz, thank you.
Yes, we are very grateful to be alive and doing relatively well.
I love frankincense and lost several oils, from Trygve and others, as well as a few varieties of resin. Thanks for asking.

jensz

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Bob,
Thank you for sharing your story, I'm glad you reached out here. We met a while back before all of this happened, I know you're a kind person, am glad kindness is flowing towards you too. I'm very sorry for what you and your family have gone through. Thank goodness you are okay. Are you mostly in need of wood right now or also oils?
Jen.

Bob DeLuca

Oud Beginner
Dear Bob,
Thank you for sharing your story, I'm glad you reached out here. We met a while back before all of this happened, I know you're a kind person, am glad kindness is flowing towards you too. I'm very sorry for what you and your family have gone through. Thank goodness you are okay. Are you mostly in need of wood right now or also oils?
Jen.

Thanks, jensz, I have found everyone I have met here to be really great people, certainly including you! We are, it seems, a relatively small group of people worldwide dedicated to and entrusted with sustaining, preserving , and enjoying some of the most precious and beautiful substances on the planet. I like to think that attracts good souls!
The kindness I have experienced here on Ouddict has been restorative on a deep level.
People locally in California have been so helpful and supportive, yet nobody I speak to would really understand what I've lost in the way people here do.

To answer your question both oil and wood are really helpfulI, but I lost a lot more wood than oil.
Thanks again!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk