Fresh Zargol Grade Persian Saffron

Discussion in 'Natural Perfumes & Aromatics for Sale' started by AbasFrag, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Saffron tincture does stain. One can write in that ink-y tincture. Maceration oil reflects saffrony colour, though light in to light.

I don't know whether this particular saffron stains or not.

Royalbengalouds likes this.
  2. Royalbengalouds

Royalbengalouds Resident Artisan

God have mercy, making me hungry, looks delicious ☕️☕️

sío likes this.
  3. Al Shareef Oudh

Al Shareef Oudh Resident Artisan

Yeah saffron does give a lovely colour to the oil and also a lovely scent as well.

There are a couple of ways to minimise the staining a. Using a colourless base like sandalwood. b. Filtering at a micro level with a suction pump. This is a bit more technical if the colour molecules and scent molecules are the same size or similar which usually isn't the case but sometimes can be.

Hope that helps.

4. sío

sío Noudle

Ooh, I'm too late for this, but hopefully you'll have some for sale again. I'd love to get some as a gift for my mother. The images people have posted are beautiful.

AbasFrag likes this.
  5. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Hello/salaam everyone!

I got a new shipment yesterday that soon will be ready for sale hopefully. Just need to take pictures and weigh up :D

If you're interested please send me a PM or contact me on my whatsapp or email:)

Ahmed_abassi_13@hotmail.com

Martin, sío, Alkhadra and 3 others like this.
  6. sío

sío Noudle

Amazing. I'm excited already.

AbasFrag likes this.
  7. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

DSC00267.JPG DSC00264.JPG DSC00260.JPG DSC00258.JPG

The price:

1-5g : $4/g

6-24g: $3.5/g

25g+: $3.0/g

World wide tracked shipping is $15

Untracked $5 (never had a problem with this option but I cant offer a refund/ new package if it doesn't arrive)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Superb! Really alluring colour.

A bit digression, respected AbasFrag, what are the parameters to know the saffron is Zargol or not?

9. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Moderator Staff Member

Beautiful. :) And here the saffron bulbs are awaken already, and I can see that some will bloom. Not sure how many. I planted 40, but I read that only 20% of small corms will bloom first year. I cannot wait to sniff the live saffron flowers. :)

10. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

The color reflects the smell. Amazing in its pure form.

With regards to your question, you can read more here: http://persiansaffron.hamta.org/grades-and-types-of-saffron/

I would call this saffron something between negin and sargol. But to be on the safe side I decided to just call it sargol which is actually a lower grade than negin. Alot of the batch has 3 stigma threads attached to each other (without any yellow part).

But I rather stay on the safe side and "just" call it sargol:)

Rai Munir likes this.
  11. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Amazing ❤ please keep me updated on how it will turn out

12. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Also I forgot to mention that the batch I have now is harvested from 20th of September until 1st October. This seems like a great year for the saffron and pistachios in the region compared to last year :)

Harvested, dried in the sun then packed and sent. Never had saffron this fresh before :)

13. Arsalan

Arsalan True Ouddict

The colour is certainly beautiful!
    I know nothing about saffron...but always wanted to try some quality fresh saffron...
    how much is on the plate in the pic? what does 5 or 10 gr look like...?
    @AbasFrag perhaps a couple pics on a scale might help quantity decisions...?

AbasFrag and Joe King like this.
  14. sío

sío Noudle

Uh oh, does this mean you also sell high quality pistachios at times, or it it simply that harvest conditions for saffron and pistachio tend to be similar? I don't use them often myself, though few can resist plump, fresh nuts, but I'd have some people who might be interested in knowing your details.

AbasFrag and Arsalan like this.
  15. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

This is 5g Unpacked :)
    DSC00271.JPG
    DSC00270.JPG

This is 5g packed DSC00273.JPG

Arsalan and Sproaty like this.
  16. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

The pistachios are amazing. They taste so fragrant and almost perfumy (pistachio perfumy). I've never tried selling it. It is more of a thing I bring for my family.

F4R1d0uX likes this.
  17. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

The saffron is now sold out!

I thought I brought too much lol but didn't expect it to be this popular. Makes me so happy. Thank you for your trust!

If I answered you already then I already put aside the amount you said you wanted.

Thanks again all! Will let you know when I get some more

18. sío

sío Noudle

Wow, just wow.

The saffron I ordered arrived this morning, and it is simply glorious - way better quality than any I've ever encountered and those others were much more expensive. Most of it is for my mother, and I cannot wait to see what she makes with it.

AbasFrag also very thoughtfully added a little bag of luban.

Thank you!

Rai Munir, Azzam, AbasFrag and 2 others like this.
  19. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Wiii and the prize for fastest post service goes to Ireland:D

That was fast. Thanks for your feedback dear Sío. Really happy that you liked it and I hope your honoured mother will too:Inlove:

Enjoy !!!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019 at 9:12 AM
    hedycent and sío like this.
  20. sío

sío Noudle

She was so adorable, sort of staggering a bit and putting her nose back to the bag of saffron and then looking around in wonder, and then nose back to the bag, and then scurrying around looking for a place to keep it for the time being. She swears she could smell it before the parcel was opened, notwithstanding the sealed bag it is actually in.

This grade is not anything we're accustomed to, let alone at this price, but I promise it is very greatly appreciated and will be used with due respect for the beautiful quality.

hedycent and AbasFrag like this.

Promote Oud!