ain soph aur

Oud Fan
Hi, I am fairly new to artisnal and indie attars and oils. I have tried some high end niche fragrances that have a specific aroma I am seeking in pure oil form. It is the frankincense note in Xerjoff Oud Luban and Roja Dove Sultanate of Oman. I am sure it exists in other scents but these are the references I have. If anyone would be able to help guide me in the direction of an attar or pure oil that showcases this note, I would be most appreciative. Thank you!

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Resident artisan Tyson Mortensen has a lot of experience in distilling high-grade Omani frankincense and many positive reviews back up his craftsmanship. his moon juice(first fraction of Omani frankincense) is sold out at the moment but his Royal Green Hojari Frankincense essential oil is still available. give it a try.

Another chance is Rising Phoenix Perfumery's Omani Frankincense Special Reserve essential oil. though JK is not as specialized as Tyson, he sources some of the finest materials around the globe. quite a lot more pricey though.

Hope these oils are the ones you're looking for.

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member

@KodoKing is another artisan who did this oil himself and it came out great!

This price can't be beat for using in attars and the oils is 🔥 imo.

If you are new to the oil, it might be a solid place to start to get a baseline.

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member

@KodoKing is another artisan who did this oil himself and it came out great!

This price can't be beat for using in attars and the oils is 🔥 imo.

If you are new to the oil, it might be a solid place to start to get a baseline.
How come did I forgot about Kodoking? thanks 🙏

ain soph aur

Oud Fan
Anyone try Oud Lubani by Agar Aura? I hear that as a good oud/frankincense combo from what I see. Or any of the new extrait releases for that matter? Sample sets were sold out by the time I got to them.

JimiKofski

Oud Beginner
hey, friends. I know a guy from a german shop, he makes und sells oils from boswellia sacra, dalzielii, rivae, carterii an frereana. Really nice stuff and nowhere seen before

BTKohler

Oud Beginner
Resident artisan Tyson Mortensen has a lot of experience in distilling high-grade Omani frankincense and many positive reviews back up his craftsmanship. his moon juice(first fraction of Omani frankincense) is sold out at the moment but his Royal Green Hojari Frankincense essential oil is still available. give it a try.

Another chance is Rising Phoenix Perfumery's Omani Frankincense Special Reserve essential oil. though JK is not as specialized as Tyson, he sources some of the finest materials around the globe. quite a lot more pricey though.

Hope these oils are the ones you're looking for.
I can vouch for the RPP oil. It's quality stuff. I will have to try Tysons moon juice if it comes back.

Apothecarys garden from etsy is a good inexpensive source. I've had his frankensence Rivae and I was not disappointed in the slightest.

NellyP

Oud Beginner
i too share your love for frankincense fragrances and find it hard to find more than a couple that can hit the spot. Like you said, Roja actually did a great job with Oman. Ensars new Egyptian musk is supposed to have a frankincense note too, so i will be looking to try that. For now, if you find anything worth trying, ill be following this thread.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
I think I bought the last of Tyson's moon juice....twice.
I use it sparingly as it real high end oil, in my view....