• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

First Release: Cambodi Royal

AbuTominaga

Oud Gangster
Cambodi Royal.png

For our first release, I would like to offer you TOL's Cambodi Royal

This koh kong oil packs a punch! It opens with smoke and incense, and has this rich power to it. it has the caramel/sweet/dry fruits profile indeed, but it encapsulates all of this with this aura of strength and power! This is the type of oil where 2 swipes might be an overkill.

This oil is definitely not for you if you're used to clean/ethereal oils only.
However, if you're craving a Cambodi with a traditional old profile, then this is the one.

I was able to source this magnificent oil for a good price, and I named it "Royal" to reflect how regal and luxurious the oil feels. Royal, but still within budget!

Reviews of anyone who bought the oil previously are highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Cambodi Royal

IMG_8165.jpg

My first oil from the The Oud Lab. I contacted brother Abu after readying about his confidence in this oil.
Also, "old school" was a good marker for me. I am not a big fan of top note driven oils. When he mentioned "old school", it caught my interest and it looked great at the discounted price.

Opening: Smokey and fruity.
A few minutes after: Dense sweet fruity and a bit smokey again.
Dry down: Animal skin leathery. What I call is sweet barn.
Lasts a good long time on the skin.

Swipe on the skin, blast of smoke, feels like cooked on wood. Take he blackened half burnt hardwood and wash it with water, thats the smell i can sense.
Just a few mins after the smoke went away giving way to a very full bodied fruity Cambodi oil.
Fruity, sweet-tart dried fruits like plums, apricots. Very dense notes. Deep, resinous base. This is when I thought the smoke was only from a short time, it came back again.
Smoke->Fruity->Smoke.
And when it dries down, the traditional/old school animal skin like leathery note, like of a Hindi.
Now, brother Abu told us that it has a punch. He was very humble when he said that. This is no punch but a Jab, it's a powerhouse.
The scent of it remains trapped in your nose for a few long minutes. Even when I do not wear this, just a sniff and moving around, I can smell it wherever I go. The projection is very strong.

I could not resist but to open the bottle and smell it as I type this.

I went to brother Abu, for what it looked like a good deal for the price - The Cambodi Royal, and ended up buying all his offerings like an addict or Ouddict I would say.
And, thank God, glad I did. This is money well spent. I have not been disappointed or even had an average kind of feeling from any of the oils. Top grade artisanal work.

Of the 6 Ouds I have tried from this house, 6 of them are stellar. I am saying stellar, not good or I like.
Solid 9-10. I have few more to try.

All the Ouds are very well balanced, and rounded. No sharp or overly done edges to them.

The style this house has is traditional, woody, oudy, base heavy and without necessarily being Skanky or Branyard.
There is a good bridging for the lovers of modern distillation who do not love barn and for the lovers of traditional distillations who do not love the top(just) heavy oils.

Most of us have been bored with the fruity Ouds, and so am I. But I cant resist liking this one though this is fruity, very fruity, but dense.

I encourage you all to grab at least a 3g bottle of this.

Other ones buzzing on my mind are the Hutan Hijau and Lao Shan.

Beautiful branding and choice of colors.

Last edited:

MYS1981

Oud Beginner
View attachment 18797

For our first release, I would like to offer you TOL's Cambodi Royal

This koh kong oil packs a punch! It opens with smoke and incense, and has this rich power to it. it has the caramel/sweet/dry fruits profile indeed, but it encapsulates all of this with this aura of strength and power! This is the type of oil where 2 swipes might be an overkill.

This oil is definitely not for you if you're used to clean/ethereal oils only.
However, if you're craving a Cambodi with a traditional old profile, then this is the one.

I was able to source this magnificent oil for a good price, and I named it "Royal" to reflect how regal and luxurious the oil feels. Royal, but still within budget!

Reviews of anyone who bought the oil previously are highly appreciated.
How much for 3gr and how do I order from yourselves?

AbuTominaga

Oud Gangster
How much for 3gr and how do I order from yourselves?
Please contact us on WhatsApp. linked in the instagram bio.
I think it retails around $165 per 2.5gms
I think...as I remember..
$68 for 1 gram and $161 for 2.5 grams
The Price list has been updated.
Launch prices were made as an opportunity for the brand's "early adopters".
It will still retail for less than what a Cambodi of such a caliber is worth.
2.5 grams is 270$.