Relitaliano

Oud Beginner
When they make a Sandalwood Attar what do they “blend” it with, other types of sandalwood or a carrier oil?

Does anyone know the quality and authenticity of M.L Ramnarain Perfumes “Mysore Sandalwood” and “Zafraan” attars? Any feedback is appreciated.

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
When they make a Sandalwood Attar what do they “blend” it with, other types of sandalwood or a carrier oil?

Does anyone know the quality and authenticity of M.L Ramnarain Perfumes “Mysore Sandalwood” and “Zafraan” attars? Any feedback is appreciated.

The sandalwood in this thread is just pure sandalwood. Not mixed with anything. And honestly "they" don't all do things the same way. Attars are blends of between 2 and infinity number of ingredients. There are many ways to make an attar.

If someone is calling something a sandalwood attar, that in my mind just means sandalwood is a main ingredient but there could be oud and vetiver and musk and tons of other stuff too depending on the price and perfumers goal.

If you want for meditation, you'll probably just want to get some sandalwood oil. Not mixed or blended. Just pure sandalwood. Within pure sandalwood, there's a wide range in quality and prices.

Sandalwood is cheap enough imo, you don't need to blend it with a carrier but you certainly can.

Kabir Attars

OudSufi
This ASO's Sandalwood is Amazing I'm loving it...nothing like the Mysore that I have, with mine you have to let your body warm up the oil before you can smell the scent,....but this ASO's Sandalwood is pure heaven straight out of the bottle.

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Hello. How is the aroma of this 2020 Mysore compared to the aroma of the 1952 Fritzsche Brothers Mysore which you were offering a few years ago? Thank you.
This is much more vibrant, a much younger oil, a beautiful oil.

The Fritzsche brothers oil had aged for a very long time so the top notes had become combined with the heart note and it was very smooth and soft, more honey butter.