Moataz A

Oud Beginner
so between all RBO oud that I kept smelling over and over to make up my mind I only liked the Cambodian Pursat oud👇
need your opinions if this oud will be suitable to macerate my Siberian musk? if not please need recommendations of similar ouds that have same or very similar smell..

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member

That is the only other pursat I can think of atm currently available from one of our vendors. I haven't tried the rbo one so I cant really say how they might be different but I can guess only bc habz one is a bit unique as far as cambodi ouds go. It's more of a kodo take on pursat oud - not the traditional oud distillation style for cambodi where you'll have a more syrupy sweet kinda vibe. Rbo may be similar though, I just don't know. Surely someone here has tried both.

As far as musk goes, you can mascerate in anything. The musk pros have mentioned that malaysian oud is ideal for musk but I can't think of a reason not to use either of these oils.

Moataz A

Oud Beginner

That is the only other pursat I can think of atm currently available from one of our vendors. I haven't tried the rbo one so I cant really say how they might be different but I can guess only bc habz one is a bit unique as far as cambodi ouds go. It's more of a kodo take on pursat oud - not the traditional oud distillation style for cambodi where you'll have a more syrupy sweet kinda vibe. Rbo may be similar though, I just don't know. Surely someone here has tried both.

As far as musk goes, you can mascerate in anything. The musk pros have mentioned that malaysian oud is ideal for musk but I can't think of a reason not to use either of these oils.
thanks brother for your opinion

Moataz A

Oud Beginner
I also like the RBO Cambodian Kho Kong but when I put it on my skin it doesn't last as long as the pursat one.. I also tried and put both together on my skin and they smelled good.. was wondering if I can buy some of each and mix them together and through the musk in there.. can you guys advise me if this would be a good idea?