Fragrant Vagrant

Just Arrived
Hey there fellow ouddicts. I'm rather new here and I was hoping someone can help give me some clarity about something. I see quite a few mentions here about Adam's Feel-Oud Santal 100K. Now on the Feel-Oud website the is an oil titled "Santal 100K Finale". My question is, are these the one and same oil or two separate ones?
Thank you!

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Hey there fellow ouddicts. I'm rather new here and I was hoping someone can help give me some clarity about something. I see quite a few mentions here about Adam's Feel-Oud Santal 100K. Now on the Feel-Oud website the is an oil titled "Santal 100K Finale". My question is, are these the one and same oil or two separate ones?
Thank you!

I would think they are 2 seperate oils and part of the 100k series, maybe others can also clarify.

tyson

Oud Alchemist
Thank you!
Different batches , there were like 3-4 different feel oud santal 100k's

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Different oils from different distillations, but from the wood 100 years old. I think they are all from Indonesian Sandalwood.

Yes, they have different profiles, though connected with the same string.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Russian Adam told me that 100k Finale is closest in profile to the first 100k. I haven’t tried the first 100K.
I actually have macerated Musk grains in FO's three Sandal oils; otherwise, I would have told you about the differences. I blended three, and macerated grains.

One thing for sure, that I remember very well, there were the same and similar shades. Dry, dusty and woody all the way. I macerated some Musk and some Amber to make the oil wearable. Though, certain members liked/ like that series. But whenever I sniffed that, the expression 'Mysore like' never flashed in my mind.

I just brought out two bottles. Still dry, dusty, and woody Sandal is very much there.

Agil

Oud Beginner
I agree with @Rai Munir.

100k is pleasant and easily likeable from the very first sniff. It’s clean, airy, sweet and faintly woody. Basically it’s a high quality sandalwood oil.

However it lacks the depth of that woody profile present in a true Mysore.