• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

February Waffle Extravaganza :)

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
Hi Ouddicts!

For the month of February, I wanted to add some extra value to the community :)

I know 250 isn't affordable for everyone to buy a heater, so to give folks a shot at getting a great subutism at a deep discount, here's a fun raffle starting today:

I have available for sale some great "pressed" Hainan incense sticks - 5g tubes - each for $50 USD (plus shipping).

They are way different than the traditional Japanese style incense sticks because they don't contain any filler or "sticky powder". It's all aloeswood and nothing else added. They make these by pressing them under 7 tons of pressure - that's what binds them instead of using makko.

See the photos below - they come in beautiful packaging with a nice little while ceramic incense holder made to fit the diameter of this style of stick. They burn SLOW for about 40 min and are great for making larger areas fragrant! The aromatic profile is exactly what you'd think from hainan agarwood - honey sweet, hay, a little bitter and some florals. For the price, it can't be beat!

For every tube purchased, you'll be entered into a raffle to win one of my handmade subutism heaters!

Ten (10) tubes are available - once all of them are sold, I'll use https://pickerwheel.com/ to select the winner!

No need to buy anything upfront, simply let me know in the thread if you'd like to participate and once we get 10 people, I'll post my paypal info so everyone can make payment for their sticks prior to spinning the wheel. Please be respectful of others and do not pull out from the raffle after you've already committed. Thanks!

Feel like this is a great way to buy some incense that you might otherwise be interested in buying anyway, but also get a chance to win a subutism!

Attachments

• IMG-20201203-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20201203-WA0001.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG-20201203-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20201203-WA0009.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 49

KodoKing

True Ouddict
What a great opportunity!! I am a big advocate of using a proper subitism to heat precious woods such as agarwood! This is a really fun way to get the community involved and setup with some proper incense and the chance to win an awesome Box!

Best of luck to all those who enter!!

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
Fun addition to this months raffle -

Check out ouddles.com for detailed description of my incense offerings. I want to extend the raffle to also include my amazing buttery smooth 1mm thick sandalwood sticks. 10g for 75 for proper japanese style laos sandalwood - similar to Mysore profile and these have been dry aged to cure them for a couple years before sale.

I have 6 of these 10g tubes left.

For the subutism raffle, your ticket 🎟️ can be either the 5g hainan sticks or the 10g sandalwood sticks. Just post here with your selection!

Last edited:

Taesik Yun

True Ouddict
Staff member
Fun addition to this months raffle -

Check out ouddles.com for detailed description of my incense offerings. I want to extend the raffle to also include my amazing buttery smooth 1mm thick sandalwood sticks. 10g for 75 for proper japanese style laos sandalwood - similar to Mysore profile and these have been dry aged to cure them for a couple years before sale.

I have 6 of these 10g tubes left.

For the subutism raffle, your ticket 🎟️ can be either the 5g hainan sticks or the 10g sandalwood sticks. Just post here with your selection!
Guys, don't miss out on this sandalwood incense. ;)

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
Fun video showing how the pressed sticks are made:

Also - some marketing/text provided kindly from supplier. Super cool packaging on this line of sticks - all the tubes come in a cute little box with almost an Hermes orange color and each includes a little white ceramic holder. Love that Japanese incense wares are always so dainty and cute!

Also an image showing that these sticks instantly break up in water - I was confused about what this was showing at first since I can't read the Chinese text, but maybe someone can help? It was explained to me that it proves the sticks aren't made with any kind of binder/filler because "sticky powders" like these don't dissolve. You learn something new every day!

Attachments

• disolves.jpeg
    disolves.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 13
  • hainandescription.jpeg
    hainandescription.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 13
  • picturehainanpressedwithholder.jpeg
    picturehainanpressedwithholder.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 15

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
Friendly reminder about this months raffle!

Thanks to the 5 who already joined.

To make it even better chances, I'll spin the wheel with just 9 contestants!

4 more to go. Get some great sticks and chance to win a brand new subutism! Win win all around 😛

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
@EJayB
@Tilt
@Mustafa
@Castingshadows
@DubOudh
@KodoKing

These are the 6 so far. Come on y'all - you got a chance to win a 250 usd brand new subutism and only need to spend 50 (for the 5g hainan) or 75 (for the 10g sandalwood sticks).

To make the decision EVEN easier - whoever plays and loses (sorry for the negativity lol) will get the initial discounted rate of 225 for the subutism box if they want to buy one.

Given the fees and shipping costs of etsy bringing the box now to 275, if you are planning to get one anyway, you might as well play the raffle which costs 50, you get the incense and then can buy the box for 225. So your total cost would be the same as if you bought on etsy to start with! But you get a box of incense included!

(Fwiw, you definitely don't need to buy on etsy - I'd actually prefer you didn't. I only started to reach more possible clients but can't stand etsy already. Highway robbery in fees for buyers and sellers imo. Can always just buy from my directly and will be less since no fees)

Ill leave that deal open for anyone who doesn't win the raffle indefinitely btw.

KodoKing

True Ouddict
@EJayB
@Tilt
@Mustafa
@Castingshadows
@DubOudh
@KodoKing

These are the 6 so far. Come on y'all - you got a chance to win a 250 usd brand new subutism and only need to spend 50 (for the 5g hainan) or 75 (for the 10g sandalwood sticks).

To make the decision EVEN easier - whoever plays and loses (sorry for the negativity lol) will get the initial discounted rate of 225 for the subutism box if they want to buy one.

Given the fees and shipping costs of etsy bringing the box now to 275, if you are planning to get one anyway, you might as well play the raffle which costs 50, you get the incense and then can buy the box for 225. So your total cost would be the same as if you bought on etsy to start with! But you get a box of incense included!

(Fwiw, you definitely don't need to buy on etsy - I'd actually prefer you didn't. I only started to reach more possible clients but can't stand etsy already. Highway robbery in fees for buyers and sellers imo. Can always just buy from my directly and will be less since no fees)

Ill leave that deal open for anyone who doesn't win the raffle indefinitely btw.

Super cool opportunity here to score top quality incense and win a Subitism! I know that I could always use an extra ;-) Good Luck All!