• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Eo King Kambodi Anyone Try It?

Ahmed S

Whats this Oud About?
Bought some recently. Beautiful cambodi oud. Complex fragrance with ++ longevity. It’s everything a cambodi should be. Moving forward I will use it as a base/reference to compare with other Cambodian oils.

OudWala

Just Arrived
I have tried King Cambodi , its a beautiful sweet light cambodi and yes it has good longevity. Pure Cambodi profile with some florals in the dry down or later stage. My daughter and I enjoyed the sample a lot. Wouldn't go for it as I have Cambodi Koh Kong and Cambodi Vert 2017 from Imperial Oud with me

KodoKing

True Ouddict
Hey Leander -

If you're interested in the Cambodi Profile - I would like to call out that Habz' Asad is a similar and IMHO a superior offering.

King Kambodi is a Pursat / Koh Kong blend with Crassna wood which gives it an almost Thai (bitter) sweetness (not sure if you've tried any of the EO Organic Thai blends? Irian Erang, Yaqoub) which comes through to me in the King Kambodi Oil.

Asad is a more green Pursat signature scent - from an Ouducation perspective since I know you're newer to the oil discovery - I would recommend Asad ahead of King Kambodi for its better alignment and true to region profile. Incensy, woody, hay like sweetness - great Pursat DNA.

At the end of the day both oils smell similar and both are enjoyable - but I would say that Asad is a better representation of the Pursat locale - to me it is important to learn the regional characteristics.

Leander

True Ouddict
Hey Leander -

If you're interested in the Cambodi Profile - I would like to call out that Habz' Asad is a similar and IMHO a superior offering.

King Kambodi is a Pursat / Koh Kong blend with Crassna wood which gives it an almost Thai (bitter) sweetness (not sure if you've tried any of the EO Organic Thai blends? Irian Erang, Yaqoub) which comes through to me in the King Kambodi Oil.

Asad is a more green Pursat signature scent - from an Ouducation perspective since I know you're newer to the oil discovery - I would recommend Asad ahead of King Kambodi for its better alignment and true to region profile. Incensy, woody, hay like sweetness - great Pursat DNA.

At the end of the day both oils smell similar and both are enjoyable - but I would say that Asad is a better representation of the Pursat locale - to me it is important to learn the regional characteristics.
I will most definitely check that out. Thank you!

Leander

True Ouddict
Awesome - I do also highly recommend Irian Erang for a good Papua/Irian baseline
I would love to try them all. But you know. Money :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
Right now I have 2 oils on the list for after the 23rd (payday). That's all I feel like I can afford. Being disabled sometimes sucks, as far as finances go. But I'm pretty happy, and that's what really matters.

KodoKing

True Ouddict
Yeah for sure - .3 samples are a good way to go too - they will last surprisingly long then you can really hone in on what you like ;-)

Leander

True Ouddict
Yeah for sure - .3 samples are a good way to go too - they will last surprisingly long then you can really hone in on what you like ;-)
I'm finding I like such a wide range of scents! The one Cambodi I have seems especially nice. Seems that it would be very wearable in public. idk

KodoKing

True Ouddict
Some are more western ‘wearable’ than others - many are super complex - I enjoy evaluating the transitions throughout the day - some of my favorite are astounding like 4 hrs after application

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
Yeah I was also going to chime in - money isn't always flush for me, which has forced me to kinda focus more on what @KodoKing mentions here. Focusing more on true to region accuracy for one - less blends, and also I almost always buy 1g bottles instead of 2.5g. I probably have like 8-10 1g bottles in permanent rotation and I literally just finished my first gram bottle last month. It was kelatan from al hashimi - and I burned through it quickly bc I was super obsessed for a while - it's was less expensive too so I used it more guilt free. Nice to have a few like that as well.

But I think you'll find that 2.5g is a lot of oil, and you'll have it for a while! Pro tip is to buy grams instead. You can get more oils this way, and can always get more later if you really want.

pcmm

Whats this Oud About?
One of the best Cambodis I've ever smelled. I'm going to get myself a bottle before it's sold out. As been said before, a great benchmark. It's very complex and takes time to study. It's not your usual Cambodi profile, but darn it's beautiful!

JimiKofski

Whats this Oud About?
One of the best Cambodis I've ever smelled. I'm going to get myself a bottle before it's sold out. As been said before, a great benchmark. It's very complex and takes time to study. It's not your usual Cambodi profile, but darn it's beautiful!
Interessting... I have a .3 Sample and for me: i like it but its not to intensive and i would prefer other oils like peoples silani (i know, its maybe not a cambodi). Its cheaper, it have similarities for me. But i am a oud beginner.

Maybe i shoud give a try again.