Ensar Oud

Discussion in 'Oud Market Trends' started by AZsmell, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

2. MzM

MzM Oud King

So this oil is a legend? If so that's a really good price, people will buy. I mean it's definitely a good technique. @Ouddict where are you going to meet him? Is this at kinamfest?

3. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Owner

There is no prearranged meeting. But I know where he will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oudlover and MzM like this.
  4. Mohammed Nadeem

Mohammed Nadeem Just Arrived

Subhan Allah

5. Fahad

Fahad Oud Fan

What became of the meeting I wonder... I hope the hatchet got buried!

6. Fahad

Fahad Oud Fan

I could just be throwing myself on the rail tracks by saying this as it became quite evident to me very early on that there is no love lost here for Ensar with a few respected forum members having very strong feeling towards him and words to boot which may indeed be justified to some extent but in this instance just wanted to point out that some one else could simply have informed him about it, to give him the benefit of the doubt even if for some there is no inclination to do so.

7. Azzam

Azzam The Alchemist

How can an oil be legend? Who decide? What are the creteria?

8. Ouddict

Probably best to let sleeping dogs lie Fahad. I am able to differentiate between Ensar Oud / Oriscent and Ensar the individual (who has been given the benefit of the doubt a hundred-fold to no avail).

I may not like the conduct of Ensar the individual, but I’m passionate about Oud and I can appreciate them whoever they come from even if it’s Ensar. Unfortunately you are right in saying that some in this forum (and outside) cannot make that distinction.

Martin likes this.
  9. Ouddict

Customers...

10. Ouddict

And your nose

11. Azzam

Azzam The Alchemist

And when it become legend the price will be legend i cant imagen oil like 1 g for 5000 us dollar

12. Azzam

Azzam The Alchemist

There are oil under 90 us dollar for 2,5 g that my nose say leeeeeeeeeegend with other company.

Ouddict likes this.
  13. Ouddict

Ummm ok.. well best of luck with them. It’s great that you can enjoy these oils for that price. There is something for everyone in the market.

Martin and Azzam like this.
  14. Ouddict

It’s true. There are some oils I have smelled at around $300-400 that are very good. The Ibn Zamrak from Al Hashimi comes to mind. I’m sure that it could pass as a much more expensive oil and will mature into a magnificent oil. It’s already stunning as it is.

Azzam likes this.
  15. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

What I observed when an oil is sold, and no more available is declared legend.
    This is something else that no legend becomes unavailable. Each oil has as many lives as a cat does have. Just imagine if Oriscent oils are available everyday, what about the ones declared legends a day, a couple of months, or a year or two before.
    In fact, it is not decided, but declared, and declared by the vendor. This is again something else that generally in private legends are sold/ offered by the vendors.
    As per artisanal Oud vendors, and Oud forum terminology or jargon, legend is a sold oil. This is the only criterion as per the market. Here the oil's qualitative aspect is hundred per cent subjective, not even 99.99 per cent. So, I haven't found any other criterion.

PS: For better understanding, visit the thread Results of Blind Test conducted last year under the supervision of respected powdernose.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Dan, Oudamberlove, Sproaty and 2 others like this.

Promote Oud!