1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Elixir Attar Reviews

Discussion in 'Oud Reviews' started by Taesik Yun, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Himanshu Sharma

Himanshu Sharma Oud Fan

I like these bottles too. Brother @Elixir Attar got the Iris Chypre bottle engraved specially for me. He's gem of a person.

2. Himanshu Sharma

Himanshu Sharma Oud Fan

Yes, I concur with what you said. Next on my wanted list from Elixir attar are Al Ghaliyah and Spirit of Japan. In my opinion, fall weather is best for trying out then new gems.

3. Himanshu Sharma

Himanshu Sharma Oud Fan

Has anybody smelt Ghaliya Al Firdaous from Elixir attar ?
    It was released back in 2019.

Elixir Attar and punmaster like this.
  4. punmaster

punmaster Oud Fanatic

Yeah. Its amazing . Contains an agar aura oudh as well. The drydown is sweet musk and buttery sandalwood.

5. Mustafa

Mustafa Oud Fanatic

I missed out on this one

6. Himanshu Sharma

Himanshu Sharma Oud Fan

I have a tiny bit of that, which Ahmed included as a free gift with one of my purchases last year. I just smelt it yesterday, it is so heavenly good. Musk forward goodness.
    I immediately messaged him to see if he has some left but in vain!!:Thumbsdown:

7. Himanshu Sharma

Himanshu Sharma Oud Fan

Same here. That wasn't to be missed brother.
    I hope he brings it back.

Elixir Attar, DubOudh and Taesik Yun like this.
  8. Mustafa

Mustafa Oud Fanatic

O well, there is a lot to look forward to. Ahmed is working on some amazing projects mostly featuring oud. So Insha Allah we will see some good stuff coming soon.

9. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

Sitting in my car looking out at storm Alex clobbering the local coastline reading these beautiful reviews by my fellow brothers and sisters in Oudh, is quite warming. Great reviews and descriptions of these wonderful scents......
    Of course I believe I am in the company of many poets, on reading these reviews....:praying:

10. Himanshu Sharma

Himanshu Sharma Oud Fan

Amalur Extrait du Parfum

Sweet candied lemons, at the outset. I found this stuff to be phenomenal. Commendable job done by our dear brother on all these oriental chypres. This whole house does not stop surprising me.

This one’s got tons of citruses in the top notes. Very shrewdly, saffron has been used to balance the sourness. I found the top notes not very fizzy, like typical bergamot, lime-lemon, yuzu combos rather very round and sweet. It has an antique feeling to it. There is an intrinsic realness to it. Something your hands smell like after you are done squeezing lemons.

The top notes never settle down. I felt hours upon hours of citrus wafts coming off. And then it transitions into the floral heart, frictionless and fluid. Like a ninja. It has been blended very well. It transitions very soft, one note at a time and I could not keep track of it. I felt like I smelt a bunch of different perfumes and paid for one. Osmanthus, honey, frangipani, benzoin and Vanilla impart it a lively sweet skeleton.

This perfume has all the aspects. You wish for citruses, they are there. You ask for florals, they are there. You fancy an incense? Well, Labdanum, Aroha Kayaku and frankincense are at task here. All these contrasts are bound together by ouds like Papuamantan distilled by none other than the legend Ensar. The dry down is lucid floral oakmoss. Don’t get it wrong, I was not able to decipher these individual notes with ease. I am just trying to draw a parallel with what I felt wearing this perfume and the ingredients used. Beautifully blended, indeed.

The whole experience is quite pleasurable. In terms of texture, I would say, it sits on skin like a satin robe. The longevity on this thing is bizarre. I fail to understand how you can get so much lastingness. It goes on and on in an endless bliss. Does this thing even end? I smell this on paper strips and clothes after weeks. For me, 2 sprays do the job.

Highly recommended. People who have affinity to heavy floriental chypre would love this one. One thing this house needs an applause for, is the quality of ingredients. This is true Haute Perfumery, and this is all natural here at Elixir attar.

Promote Oud!