• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Effects of essential oils on the skin

JimiKofski

Oud Beginner
After some time waering essential oils on my skin, i noticed effects of my body.

At first I didn't associate that with the essential oils (different kinds). The feeling is not easy to explane, it feels like my body struggle a little bit with it.

I investigated why and how it can be, made a break and applied less to the skin. I thought, essential oils are better for the body, then synthetic perfumes.

Essential oils are pharmaceutically active substances and the skin absorbs some active ingredients.

Maybe the kidney or the leaver have to work to much, if you wear essential oils on your skin for some time?
Maybe I've become more sensitive?

The effects were not strong, but they were palpable and i've feeled the effects less with oud, because i need just a small amount of oud oil in compare with other oils like vetiver or sandalwood.

I'm a little worried because i love essential oils.

Different thing: I've seen a report about wearing synthetic perfumes and urine specimen evaluated in the laboratory. They were able to detect some substances from the perfume in the urine.

They met a german perfume influencer and asked him, what he think about the substances in the perfumes, that the skin absorbes. He sayed, he like it more to wear the perfume on clothing, not on the skin.

Maybe its better from time to time wear the scents on the clothing and in the hair? Anybody made similar expiriences?

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
After some time waering essential oils on my skin, i noticed effects of my body.

At first I didn't associate that with the essential oils (different kinds). The feeling is not easy to explane, it feels like my body struggle a little bit with it.

I investigated why and how it can be, made a break and applied less to the skin. I thought, essential oils are better for the body, then synthetic perfumes.

Essential oils are pharmaceutically active substances and the skin absorbs some active ingredients.

Maybe the kidney or the leaver have to work to much, if you wear essential oils on your skin for some time?
Maybe I've become more sensitive?

The effects were not strong, but they were palpable and i've feeled the effects less with oud, because i need just a small amount of oud oil in compare with other oils like vetiver or sandalwood.

I'm a little worried because i love essential oils.

Different thing: I've seen a report about wearing synthetic perfumes and urine specimen evaluated in the laboratory. They were able to detect some substances from the perfume in the urine.

They met a german perfume influencer and asked him, what he think about the substances in the perfumes, that the skin absorbes. He sayed, he like it more to wear the perfume on clothing, not on the skin.

Maybe its better from time to time wear the scents on the clothing and in the hair? Anybody made similar expiriences?
After I began buying Oudhs and applying them to my skin, I noticed some very itchy skin afterwards and sometimes for days. Suffice to say I only apply Oudhs to clothes now. Way to much trouble. Sandalwood and other oils like vetiver etcetra, are ok...and thankfully my musk/ambergris macerations are fine too....but I have a high end collection of Oudhs, which will me quite some time...but I smell them from the bottles and it does me for now..