• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Cultivated kinam distillation

EJayB

True Ouddict
BE6B1267-9380-4555-AB9F-C89CE76B85C0.jpeg

EJayB

True Ouddict
Outdoors in the open air distilling Oud!
This has been been a long time in the works but is finally happening!
Thanks to everyone who bought chips and shavings of this cultivated kinam, it’s what funded the project and I am humbled by everyone’s support.

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
Outdoors in the open air distilling Oud!
This has been been a long time in the works but is finally happening!
Thanks to everyone who bought chips and shavings of this cultivated kinam, it’s what funded the project and I am humbled by everyone’s support.
I can’t wait to smell this brother. How is it so far? Did you experience any challenges with the process? I love that we now have a homegrown distiller in the heart and soul of California.

EJayB

True Ouddict
So far it
I can’t wait to smell this brother. How is it so far? Did you experience any challenges with the process? I love that we now have a homegrown distiller in the heart and soul of California.
So far it smells absolutely spot on to the chip on low heat , carmelley , vanillic, glazed honey top note bliss!!!
challenges so far?
at 26 hours I blew a fuse in my heating mantle and I’m way off grid in the mountains working on generator power, on my way to get a new fuse and I’ll be back at it . Letting the pot sit after cooking it is great because it’s sterilized ( no fermentation) and will open up the wood to allow an increased yield with overall less cook time.

Mustafa

True Ouddict
So far it

So far it smells absolutely spot on to the chip on low heat , carmelley , vanillic, glazed honey top note bliss!!!
challenges so far?
at 26 hours I blew a fuse in my heating mantle and I’m way off grid in the mountains working on generator power, on my way to get a new fuse and I’ll be back at it . Letting the pot sit after cooking it is great because it’s sterilized ( no fermentation) and will open up the wood to allow an increased yield with overall less cook time.
Subhanallah, now I m more eager to see how the smell turns out.

yoob.ye

Oud Beginner
Some of the terpenes in cannabis are water-soluble but cannabinoids are hydrophobic so you wouldn't retain any of them in a distillation. A co-absolute would make more sense if you want maximum "mind buzz".

Eden Botanicals sells cannabis essential oil. It has an earthy and herbaceous aroma but zero cannabinoids were detected in the GCMS analysis.

EJayB

True Ouddict
Eden sells (hemp) essential oil
What I’m distilling are hybrid strains of top grade
California Cannabis (Humboldt county)
Some of the terpenes in cannabis are water-soluble but cannabinoids are hydrophobic so you wouldn't retain any of them in a distillation. A co-absolute would make more sense if you want maximum "mind buzz".

Eden Botanicals sells cannabis essential oil. It has an earthy and herbaceous aroma but zero cannabinoids were detected in the GCMS analysis.

EJayB

True Ouddict
Yes steam in a heartmagic still
(thanks Geary)
Flower at its peak
Yields are not great
Contains no THC