Collection Extraordinaire

Discussion in 'Scent Legends' started by Ouddict, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

Odyssey-crop.png

Collection Extraordinaire

Collection Extraordinaire presents the olfactory story of my Odyssean quest for the world’s finest Oud oils during what can be described as the classical period of online artisanal Oud from 2006 to 2012. Along the way, I discovered countless treasures and gems that have joined my growing collection of oils to the extent that it acquired a certain reputation amongst the small but slowly expanding online circles of Oud aficionados.

My own metamorphosis from collector to creator of Oud oils represents the second major journey of this olfactory quest, but before I journey too far, I wish to present the finest Oud oils from my collection that defined everything I experienced and learned from my first journey.

After rapidly smashing through the buffers of my pecuniary limits - a problem that is common to all those brave souls who enter the dangerous waters of Oud collection - my involvement entered a four year hiatus that finally ended with the launch in 2016, of the modern Ithaca of artisanal grade Oud, namely, the Ouddict community. The promise, or thesis of those trailblazing vendors who sold me this collection between 2006 and 2012, was that these oils were and will always be unparalleled, never to be resurrected and unavailable to the general masses. To date, this promise remains valid and many of the Oud oils presented within the Collection Extraordinaire remain peerless.

The emergence of Ouddict brought on a typical Hegelian-style dialectical crisis within the artisanal Oud scene with the antithetical and egalitarian approach of its vendors. It remains to be seen whether the clash of these competing visions will result in a synthesis of aesthetic and quality that transcends the oils in the Collection Extraordinaire. While such a synthesis has not emerged yet, there are incipient attempts on the horizon and only those collectors and users who are serious about their Oud oils and who have the requisite benchmark Ouds will objectively know if progress has been made.

There is only one way to assess the claims of vendors and differentiate between liquid fool’s gold and the real thing. The Collection Extraordinaire Oud oils not only constitute the height of what is possible with Oud, but are also tools to benchmark and assess others that make similar claims in the present and future. Let the aroma of these oils and your experienced noses be the yardsticks by which others are measured.

This is not an offering on the lines of the Scent Legends Samples Sets. These are full bottles to be displayed, used or saved as family heirlooms. Due to the rarity and limited quantities of the oils, the Collection Extraordinaire contains only a very limited number of bottles of a particular Oud oil - in most cases only a single bottle of a particular Oud oil can be offered to collectors. It is first come, first served. Once the final bottle is sold, there will be no more full bottles of these oils available from Scent Legends.

This is not simply another launch of Oud oils to sell for monetary gain, as these Oud oils have been with me for years and could be stored away. But then I would not be able to move on to my next phase and give it the context it needs.

So here it is. A significant moment in the history of artisanal Oud oil with the final chance to acquire some of the most precious oils ever created, that by rights, deserve to be kept for under lock and key in the Parisian Osmothèque scent archive.

The Collection Extraordinaire. One Bottle, One Gram, One Time. Do yourself a favour and buy some history while you can.

VPhong, Martin, Mr.P and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Is there a link to this or is this a preview of a future release?

Ouddict likes this.
  3. Ouddict

The oils are about to be listed...

Mr.P likes this.
  4. Edward jay Bullock

Edward jay Bullock True Ouddict

lets have it then! Where’s the listing :)

Martin likes this.
  5. Ouddict

Coming soon on our website

Wakaas likes this.
  6. Ouddict

I will be adding pretty photos and the descriptions by Thursday, but if you have any questions about any of the oils in the meantime do not hesitate to ask. Most of the oil descriptions can be found on the original vendor websites.

7. Ouddict

8. Ouddict

Someone asked if 0.5g quantities are available. The answer is that there is only a gram of each oil, so while I can make 0.5g available at 50% of the 1g price, this means that there will only be 0.5g of that particular oud available for another buyer.

9. Edward jay Bullock

WOW

Tarik and Ouddict like this.
  10. Mikhalil

Mikhalil Whats this Oud About?

What am I missing? Is it a separate site or did I just miss something that’s now been taken down?

11. Ouddict

Taken down and will be up on the website soon. If interested, you can contact me by PM.

12. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Sorry - is there a website link somewhere I missed?

13. Ouddict

Nope. You’re not missing anything. Ive got back into work and rethinking about whether I really need to further part with a single drop of oil from my collection.

Joe King and Sproaty like this.
  14. Edward jay Bullock

haha . So funny !!! A true Ouddict!!!!

Sproaty and Ouddict like this.

Promote Oud!