Co2

Discussion in 'Agarwood Discussion' started by Mr.P, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

agarwood co2 extracts are strange but man have I become addicted to them. There is the wonderful clean, dry wood and earth smell, a different kind of sweet earthy dampness, great longevity. It’s more like smelling a good batch of wood chips before burning them. I love these oils and when they were available, they were quite affordable probably because of all the wax and resin that extracts and increases yield (speculation).

A company called Nisarga Biotech used to make a decent one. Eden botanicals resold their co2 oil but the markup was hard to swallow since I knew the wholesale price.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Chipkill, Woodland Note and Martin like this.
  2. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

It depend on where you get the wood (China is always expensive lol) and would depend on the wood grade (assuming you conduct a co2 extract by yourself).

I had the opportunity to get filipinos shavings and I know a place in Malaysia where I could have done it but I gave up with this idea.

It will depend on the type of extraction you want to make : total extract got all fats and is waxy, I don't know the exact yield.

Select extract got a separatory step in which fats are removed to keep only the oily element (looks like a thick oud without any deposit inside).

The average yield of this type of extraction is 0.58% so generally, it tends to yield about 2x more than hydro.

3. Faizal_p

Faizal_p Resident Artisan

@Mr.P did you ever try any of the extracts we sold?

4. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

Didn’t know you sold them! Wish I had...

5. Kabir Attars

Kabir Attars Whats this Oud About?

@Mr.P how did you use these Co2 Oud oils...the one that I have is very thick like paste so I just kept it in my essential oil fridge.

Promote Oud!