• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Cannabis Essential Oil (ceo)

EJayB

True Ouddict
In my world it’s in very high demand and it’s very expensive to produce.
This 70ml cost me 1500$ in materials plus gas and time ( 10 hours labor including setup and clean up) And since it was dry trim and not fresh bud the cost of this oil is slightly cheaper in my market.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
In my world it’s in very high demand and it’s very expensive to produce.
This 70ml cost me 1500$ in materials plus gas and time ( 10 hours labor including setup and clean up) And since it was dry trim and not fresh bud the cost of this oil is slightly cheaper in my market.
Would it be worn like an Oudh or is it more medicinal?

Mr.P

Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist
It has a variety of layers. Not like hashish or freshly rubbed flower at all. More like an intense herbaceous fuzz with bright pine like layers. maybe a hint of citrus, a very strong crushed herb scent. I was quite surprised by the odor because I'm familiar with the aroma of cannabis and this really is different when distilled.

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Cannabis oil tastes and smells wonderful..... I remember years ago in my late teens/early 20's, when I used to smoke a bit, we once got some very sweet buds with high natural oils.....When trying to pick it apart to let the oils solidify and dry out a bit more, it left this amazing tasting nectar on your fingers.

I have seen attars and perfumes that used cannabis oil in their ingredients, though I don't know if they had to do something to remove the THC or if they distilled it from low THC strains to begin with.

Mr.P

Where I live there is a big cannabis extraction boom. The aromas of these (high thc) extracts are among the most delicious I have smelled. On par with good oud - very complex and a lot of variety

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
I bet it is an exiting thing to be able to take part in.....Like agarwood the variety and variations in smell and taste are numerous and ever changing.
The only thing that could hold it back in the fragrance industry is the fact that some people use it as a drug only to get high as opposed to appreciating the scent and its medicinal qualities.

Mr.P

It's what people make of it. Some folks use oud to make macho stinky colognes, some appreciate it for its beauty. Similar maybe... Weed isn't much of a drug for someone who is habituated, honestly. More or less like a moderately strong beer. Alcohol is way more intoxicating. Both are fine in moderation but alcohol is the one that gets scary in excess.

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
That is true enough.
I would like to be able to use it over here as it goes so well with the smell of oud and sandalwood in attars.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
It's what people make of it. Some folks use oud to make macho stinky colognes, some appreciate it for its beauty. Similar maybe... Weed isn't much of a drug for someone who is habituated, honestly. More or less like a moderately strong beer. Alcohol is way more intoxicating. Both are fine in moderation but alcohol is the one that gets scary in excess.

True, but if you don't smoke for a long time then it can have a huge effect on you. But yes when smoking often then it can be quite mild; depends on usage levels and tolerance

Mr.P

Exactly. First cigar can make you puke if you aren't careful. Any drug taken in excess with no tolerance can give you a rough time.