Cannabis Eo

Discussion in 'Photos' started by Edward jay Bullock, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Edward jay Bullock

Edward jay Bullock True Ouddict

AbuTominaga on the list

AbuTominaga likes this.
  2. Edward jay Bullock

3. Edward jay Bullock

Today’s oil came over at a super low yield but with an amazing color and scent. The higher THC strains give less EO. This is Glue-Tek
    A 25% thc strain.

Woodland Note and Joe King like this.
  4. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Glue-tek... don’t know that one.

5. Edward jay Bullock

It’s s new gorilla glue strain a friend in Portland OR brought down to me as a gift

Woodland Note likes this.
  6. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Moderator Staff Member

Beautiful! :eek:

So, those oils smell like the plants they came from... I can imagine resinous pungent citrusy smell. Somehow I have never considered that one can extract scent from it and use in perfumery, but when I think about it now, it makes sense. Cannabis have always smelled nice to me. I had a pleasure to smell living plants once or twice, many years ago as well. I think it was K2 strain. It had strong, citrusy, green, resinous and sort of floral aroma. Very pleasant. :D I was surprised a bit it smelled that nice and fruity, but the smell had also obvious cannabis character... So, I guess it might be not best idea to wear it in public in a country like mine where this magical medicinal gift of mother nature is still considered evil by so many. :(
    They just barely legalized it for a special medicinal purpose (epilepsy) only 2 years ago, after lots of struggle of parents with very ill kids for whom cannabis was the only thing that worked. But they still have a problem to obtain it legaly, cause there is only a handful of pharmacy shops in a whole country that stock it, and they don't sell it cheap.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Edward jay Bullock likes this.
  7. Edward jay Bullock

It sad that this plant has been so mistreated in our modern world, we have a free program at our farm for sick people and some of those are children, I have seen the magic of cannabis and the CBD/ THC combo. I have seen children be allowed to live a closer to normal life going from 30 seizures a week to 1 every 3 -4 months . We give cancer patients who would never make it through treatment without the tincture my wife makes as much as they need for free. I have seen amazing things happen in this world and feel blessed to share the healing magic and bring comfort and relief. Praise to the most High !!!

8. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Can I officially be on the list too, please? I'm so very curious about this oil. I use a full spectrum cbd oil with added terpenes in a vape from libertycbd. They are always great but I'm thinking back even just 5 years ago when I lived in SF, I'd go into Spark and they'd have various concentrates but my impression was those were all from a C02 pull (or some kind of solvent based extraction) but all from one strain of flower. It seems nowadays, even for the thc concentrates, that producers are making oil differently - as in, seperating the terpenes from the thc/cbd mixture, and adding in terpenes to the mix after? Maybe I explained this wrong. But I'm imagining production now prefers to extract out (or purchase) a totally pure, odorless, colorless thc/cbd mixture (or cbd isolate or full/broad spec) - basically verging on a pharmacuetical product in terms of consistency, purity, ratios, etc. Then either extracting or purchasing the terps and adding them back in? Is this right? How can terps be extracted out seperately? Can terps be produced synthetically now that they've been mapped out? Would an experienced end user know the difference between a product made the old fashioned way (ie. solvent or water based extraction where you get what you get...and you don't get upset! Lol) vs. a concentrate made through this modern deconstruction and reconstruction style of production? Personally, I feel like there is something more artisanal and preferable to a concentrate produced the old fashioned way. More nuance. Don't get me wrong, some of these new CBD concentrates I've tried with the added-in terp profiles are insanely flavorful and smell fabulous, but it still feels super commercial, like it was engineered to taste and smell perfect rather than made that way through mastery of the grower/producers extraction method.

I know the connoisseurs used to prefer the bubble hash concentrates for their flavor and aroma. Is that still the case? For what you are doing, are there still distillation techniques you've yet to try that might increase yeild? Fresh flowers instead of dry? Frozen flowers? Are the terps inside the thc? If not, could you use flowers that have already been stripped of the thc in a sieve? Is the EO produced here the same as terps?

9. Edward jay Bullock

All cbd terp pens use food grade terp if you are lucky and full synthetic if you are not so lucky. They mostly use ethanol extraction and short path distillation or thin film tech to produce a 92% pure distillate. With THC they can run CO2 super critical at low pressure and pull off the terps and then at higher pressures to pull off the thc, after removing the wax byproduct of CO2 process they distill it and add the terps back in.
    They also use vacuum ovens to remove hydrocarbon “ butane/propane “ in another method and place a “ cold trap “ between the oven and vacuum pump and trap the terps.
    Very few people ever use the EO as it is just to dang expensive as a flavor to a Pen.
    The entire CBD market is corporate above the farm level as well as in the cannabis market in the Entire USA. In California they have gotten rid of most of the “Mom&pop” growers and it ‘s 99% corporate and the quality is definitely going down fast.
    Most cbd is from China and full of pesticides.
    We are working on a new CBD product line that uses only organic hemp from the USA and artisanal essential oils. Once I finish getting it organized I’m sure everyone will hear

Woodland Note likes this.
  10. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Moderator Staff Member

This is very uplifting story! We need more people like you. :Thumbsup:

Well, I think that one of the factors that have been fueling such attitude towards cannabis is the anti-drug propaganda. I'm not sure how it all really started. But I remember one such video they shown us in the secondary school about cannabis. I remember it was forcing some statements about cannabis being first step to hard drugs, and that it's damaging mind as well as body XX times more than tobacco. Fortunately I was already open-minded and questioning everything that I'm fed with. I've been seeking truth on my own by reading about experiences of other people and scientific papers. Science is not free from mistakes, misinterpretations and corruption as well, but still, if one can carefully process dozens of papers from different scientific sources then one can learn a lot.
    For me cannabis has been always a medicine plant and in a way an amplifier of certain senses/perception of certain things. I don’t consider it addictive on any level, for sure not physical. But we are all different, and I can imagine that some people might get addicted to almost anything. One thing for sure, alcohol and tobacco are doing way more mayhem and that I can see plainly all around... sadly...

11. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

We’ve got to stop allowing greedy sociopaths to destroy every cottage industry in this country. It is just a mess...

Promote Oud!