Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Coming up on 2 years sober. Herb was never my issue - but I do miss the scent of raw flowers. Is this something you'd wear like an oud? So curious as to the aroma. Definitely interested as samples become available :)

I've not smoked in over a year and half after 16 years of every day smoking :)

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Did it make you paranoid? That's what happened to me after years of smoking it turned on me.

nah just dumb, if I was having a 5min conversation with someone I'd sorta trail off and really struggle to remember what I was saying
Since stopping I was fine, but it was a weird few days of quitting, going through crazy dreams, total loss of appetite to being insatiable

EJayB

True Ouddict
9A3C9F16-FA26-415B-B38C-9675DD1D14B6.jpeg

Mr.P

oud<3er
These look great! These may be stupid questions but: leaves or flowers? Fresh or dried? Must be hard to tell right away what the oil will smell
like after all the still notes dissipate. I wonder how similar distilled leaf oil would smell to flower oil from the same plant. I also wonder what kind of yield i would get from 15 - 30 grams of mid shelf flower!?

EJayB

True Ouddict
So I charged my still with 9 pounds wet freshly cut bottom flower totally covered in trichomes. And received about 12ml of oil from the Tangie strain. Today I am doing the Glue-Tek strain.
Yes it smells wild coming out “raw”
I will let it cure in the sun for a while and with a little time it will develop
This is just getting started!!
Thinking of a Musk maceration

Mr.P

oud<3er
That’s not a lot of oil but I guess 80%+ of the fresh plant matter is water so not that low. What would that 9lbs end up weighing in dried form do you think?

Mr.P

oud<3er
Well if I can buy a drop or two as references I would appreciate it. If not, I understand that the labor and cost and lack of available replacements make this impossible to sell.

I am wondering how the distilled aroma would compare to a live resin or really terp rich sauce or something. Obviously pure terpenes as opposed to 12% or whatever but I suppose it is literally just like comparing rose concrete to rose otto.

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
Then maybe gift for a gift, like in old times. :rolleyes: I like that idea, money are overrated. :Thumbsdown:

AbuTominaga

Oud Gangster
I have always wondered if it's possible to capture that scent!
Is exchanging gifts allowed? :)
Please add me to the list if possible.
Cheers.

EJayB

True Ouddict
The scent is a very complete to the fresh flower, a fair amount of terpenoids off gas during the traditional drying and curing. Leaving the dry flower with a concentration of lower volatile terps as the rest off gas in the drying room. We are running some flower in a SC Co2 system and can separate the terps at the lower pressure from the THC that comes over at high pressure. We then use a
Proprietary separation process to remove any fat or wax. The product is included in our licensed regulated cannabis business