EJayB

True Ouddict
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of where to get some nice chips from.
I have bought from the usual places but just wondering where everyone gets their higher quality stuff.

Most places seem to have their own rating which doesn't always mean quality and I am looking for some more good stuff to make a few more types of incense.

I already have a few types made up but want to make something a bit more special, so am looking for a few more nice woods to play with.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
I love to get my Vietnam wood from oudwoodVietnam website, sinking grade does sink and is priced right

Last month. Made a big purchase as well. Like I said, I found the wood good quality and was happy with the purchase, but judging by the the discussion on this thread it would seem the guy who runs it is not the most honest, which puts me off wanting to buy from him again.
At least you were happy with your purchase,
ans I assume you were sold agarwood, not paint, wax, nails, sand, glue:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Nico

Oud Beginner
My favorite seller of wild wood it s "godoudscent" in Instagram from Singapore. Only whole piece, you choice the photo and you receive the same.
Many soil specimen and old stock. He learns me very good, use microspcope to see the resin, very interesting. He has an incredible book with many description of different kind of agar wood.
Now my collection is incredible, I am very happy. I advice to see his Instagram. ;)

Hakim

True Ouddict
My favorite seller of wild wood it s "godoudscent" in Instagram from Singapore. Only whole piece, you choice the photo and you receive the same.
Many soil specimen and old stock. He learns me very good, use microspcope to see the resin, very interesting. He has an incredible book with many description of different kind of agar wood.
Now my collection is incredible, I am very happy. I advice to see his Instagram. ;)

I personally find him quite fishy since he blocked me at Instagram immediately after I contacted him to ask for his phone number since we're both in Singapore :Cautious:

Nico

Oud Beginner
Strange, me never I had a problem with him.
One favorite specimen .
:Inlove:

Attachments

• IMG_20200919_084604_311.jpg
    IMG_20200919_084604_311.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 274

JAM

Oud Beginner
A grade wood has very little to no resin though it can smell good if it is high quality whereas sinking grade tends to have quite a bit when burned on charcoal/mica. Sinking grade doesn't always sink but it is supposed to have resin density. It usually has enough resin to bubble a bit when put on mica.

I have some nice A grade wood that smells nice and floral when burned so I do not ta

None of the wood I received sank but the reason I say was not sinking grade is because of lack if any resin.....Just the slightest amount (the wood was very dry and fluffy). As for the quality it was low/ not much smell at all. They all pretty much smelled the same (dried wood) apart from 2 of them which were different species so the wood smelled slightly different/ sweeter when heated but none of them released much smell when heated on the subtlism, I had to put them on mica and get my nose very close to get any smell from them apart from wood.

It could have been that they sent me the wrong stuff. Just waiting for a reply from them to see if that is the case.

Last edited:

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Hi guys, Thought I would update as to what is happening with this.

I got a reply to my email about the sinking wood.
The guy said he is sorry but cannot understand why I was not happy with the wood as it was good and could I send him some photos of other wood pieces that I would consider to be sinking.
He also said he would send me some different wood that is better as an apology.

He said that he does have the higher grade wood and from what he said it sounded as though there was a mistake.
I tested this and ordered some more to see if he is truthful.

What I got sent this time was of an even lower grade than last time.....A-AA grade not sinking.
I messaged him to tell him that is way out of order and this time it was even lower so wth is he playing at. I offered to send him pictures of the pieces floating so how could he possibly call it sinking as I could tell the instant I saw them how low a grade it is.
(the pieces had the density of snapping a stale quaver crisp).

His reply to this was short and sweet......."I think you should just send it back".......Oh and he never sent the apology wood, though I honestly didn't think he would anyway.

Bit of a ramble (I am very tired) but after testing this guys integrity, he has failed 100%. Do not show this guy support as he is dishonest.
I would never intentionally harm someones reputation and that is why I tested him and bought again to make sure if it was a mistake before updating this.

I will be sending the stuff back so it is only post fees I have lost, but at least it is clear not to trust this vendor.

If you guys want pictures of what I got sent as sinking before I send it back just let me know and I will take some.
Hope this is ok, I am very tired and I hope this does not come off sounding agressive.......people say my grammar is angry, it is not meant to, my grammar is really just awful and gets worse the more tired I am.

Mustafa

True Ouddict
Hi guys, Thought I would update as to what is happening with this.

I got a reply to my email about the sinking wood.
The guy said he is sorry but cannot understand why I was not happy with the wood as it was good and could I send him some photos of other wood pieces that I would consider to be sinking.
He also said he would send me some different wood that is better as an apology.

He said that he does have the higher grade wood and from what he said it sounded as though there was a mistake.
I tested this and ordered some more to see if he is truthful.

What I got sent this time was of an even lower grade than last time.....A-AA grade not sinking.
I messaged him to tell him that is way out of order and this time it was even lower so wth is he playing at. I offered to send him pictures of the pieces floating so how could he possibly call it sinking as I could tell the instant I saw them how low a grade it is.
(the pieces had the density of snapping a stale quaver crisp).

His reply to this was short and sweet......."I think you should just send it back".......Oh and he never sent the apology wood, though I honestly didn't think he would anyway.

Bit of a ramble (I am very tired) but after testing this guys integrity, he has failed 100%. Do not show this guy support as he is dishonest.
I would never intentionally harm someones reputation and that is why I tested him and bought again to make sure if it was a mistake before updating this.

I will be sending the stuff back so it is only post fees I have lost, but at least it is clear not to trust this vendor.

If you guys want pictures of what I got sent as sinking before I send it back just let me know and I will take some.
Hope this is ok, I am very tired and I hope this does not come off sounding agressive.......people say my grammar is angry, it is not meant to, my grammar is really just awful and gets worse the more tired I am.
Hi Lupin. Could you mention the vendor details so we can be careful? Also send some pics when possible.

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Hey guys, These are the images I said I would post.
Sorry if the pictures are bad I had to take them on my phone and it can be a bit iffy.

In order these pieces are Srilankan, Laos and Borneo. They all used to be in one piece but were so soft and brittle due to lack of resin that they broke up just picking them up out the baggies. They look a lot darker in the photos than they do in real life.
They are a lot lighter in real life.

20201003_123035.jpg 20201003_122952.jpg 20201003_122843.jpg

JAM

Oud Beginner
Hi Lupin,

I've got some vietnam wood that is quite pale and light but it gives off a great scent and bubbles with oil on the subitism. What voltage are you taking the wood up to out of interest ?