Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of where to get some nice chips from.
I have bought from the usual places but just wondering where everyone gets their higher quality stuff.

Most places seem to have their own rating which doesn't always mean quality and I am looking for some more good stuff to make a few more types of incense.

I already have a few types made up but want to make something a bit more special, so am looking for a few more nice woods to play with.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited:

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Any specific region in mind?

No not really.
I am making various types of incense so I am looking for multiple types anyway.
Just looking for a few more places to try.
Tried JK's, Ensars, Al Hashimi and a few off etsy and am looking for a few other places to try that are trustworthy and have the quality.

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
I buy mine from pureoudh.com. His stuff is good quality and prices are reasonable.

I was looking at pureoudh earlier but was not sure.....was going to ask if anyone had tried their stuff.

Edit: Thought I would update.

I ordered a few different pieces from pureoudh, all sinking/ underwater and I would say 100% stay away from them as this was A-AA grade (at best) wood with low scent quality sold as sinking grade wood.

I have shot them an email to ask them about it so hopefully I will get a response within the next few days....I will update when I hear anything.

Last edited:

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
I was looking at pureoudh earlier but was not sure.....was going to ask if anyone had tried their stuff.

I ordered a few different pieces from pureoudh, all sinking/ underwater and I would say 100% stay away from them as this was A-AA grade (at best) wood with low scent quality sold as sinking grade wood.

I have shot them an email to ask them about it so hopefully I will get a response within the next few days....I will update when I hear anything.

Any update on this? I bought some from their ebay UK store before and wasn't impressed (granted, it was very cheap and I was curious was bottom-barrell priced stuff was like).
In fact the very cheaper one was also just a strip of white wood and smelled awful when burned

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Any update on this? I bought some from their ebay UK store before and wasn't impressed (granted, it was very cheap and I was curious was bottom-barrell priced stuff was like).
In fact the very cheaper one was also just a strip of white wood and smelled awful when burned
No update yet, I emailed them earlier today about 6pm so it will probably take them a day or two to reply depending on their work hours......I will update with the outcome as soon as I hear anything.

I never bought any wood from Pureoudh because when I first browsed through their offerings, I noticed that the picture of their Filipino Sinking was the same from Habzoud, I don’t know if they were granted permission to use it.

On a side note....
I enjoy a wood purchase the most, when I see a picture/pictures of the actual pieces I will be receiving.

britishmisk

Oud Fan
I've not bought tried pureoudh's cheaper woods, just sinking Sri Lankan and 60s Cambodian, both have great scent and good "resin bubble". He's sent a few samples of his other woods, most have been pretty decent, just one or two that were not so great.

britishmisk

Oud Fan

Ah I just saw your edit after I posted my message above. Out of curiosity how would you differentiate between sinking and A grade? Did you put them in water?

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Ah I just saw your edit after I posted my message above. Out of curiosity how would you differentiate between sinking and A grade? Did you put them in water?

A grade wood has very little to no resin though it can smell good if it is high quality whereas sinking grade tends to have quite a bit when burned on charcoal/mica. Sinking grade doesn't always sink but it is supposed to have resin density. It usually has enough resin to bubble a bit when put on mica.

I have some nice A grade wood that smells nice and floral when burned so I do not ta

None of the wood I received sank but the reason I say was not sinking grade is because of lack if any resin.....Just the slightest amount (the wood was very dry and fluffy). As for the quality it was low/ not much smell at all. They all pretty much smelled the same (dried wood) apart from 2 of them which were different species so the wood smelled slightly different/ sweeter when heated but none of them released much smell when heated on the subtlism, I had to put them on mica and get my nose very close to get any smell from them apart from wood.

It could have been that they sent me the wrong stuff. Just waiting for a reply from them to see if that is the case.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
A grade wood has very little to no resin though it can smell good if it is high quality whereas sinking grade tends to have quite a bit when burned on charcoal/mica. Sinking grade doesn't always sink but it is supposed to have resin density. It usually has enough resin to bubble a bit when put on mica.

I have some nice A grade wood that smells nice and floral when burned so I do not ta

None of the wood I received sank but the reason I say was not sinking grade is because of lack if any resin.....Just the slightest amount (the wood was very dry and fluffy). As for the quality it was low/ not much smell at all. They all pretty much smelled the same (dried wood) apart from 2 of them which were different species so the wood smelled slightly different/ sweeter when heated but none of them released much smell when heated on the subtlism, I had to put them on mica and get my nose very close to get any smell from them apart from wood.

It could have been that they sent me the wrong stuff. Just waiting for a reply from them to see if that is the case.
I bought my wood burner from pureoudh....iI got a good service and some nice freebies.....he was in communication regularly on whattsapp...never bought any Oudh or wood though...

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
I never bought any wood from Pureoudh because when I first browsed through their offerings, I noticed that the picture of their Filipino Sinking was the same from Habzoud, I don’t know if they were granted permission to use it.

On a side note....
I enjoy a wood purchase the most, when I see a picture/pictures of the actual pieces I will be receiving.

Funny you say this @Oudamberlove i saw it the other day and thought hmmmmm this looks familiar, now you mention it that is a picture of my wood and no permission was asked to use it

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
I bought my wood burner from pureoudh....iI got a good service and some nice freebies.....he was in communication regularly on whattsapp...never bought any Oudh or wood though...

Funny you say this @Oudamberlove i saw it the other day and thought hmmmmm this looks familiar, now you mention it that is a picture of my wood and no permission was asked to use it

It is bad they are doing that though it does not surprise me as there seems to be a lot of sellers that just post pictures that are nothing to do with their own actual wood.
The wood I received looked nothing like in the pictures, so it was pretty clear that they were using either stock or others photos......It is doubtful they would sell much if they showed what they sent me.

britishmisk

Oud Fan
When was the last time you bought off them?
Last month. Made a big purchase as well. Like I said, I found the wood good quality and was happy with the purchase, but judging by the the discussion on this thread it would seem the guy who runs it is not the most honest, which puts me off wanting to buy from him again.

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Last month. Made a big purchase as well. Like I said, I found the wood good quality and was happy with the purchase, but judging by the the discussion on this thread it would seem the guy who runs it is not the most honest, which puts me off wanting to buy from him again.

I guess it is hit and miss like with anything these days. Last month is quite resent as well.....Not sure how fast their turnover is.
Still waiting for them to reply to my email.
It may just be that it was a genuine mistake and I don't want to tarnish their reputation if it was just that.....I will see when they reply.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
I guess it is hit and miss like with anything these days. Last month is quite resent as well.....Not sure how fast their turnover is.
Still waiting for them to reply to my email.
It may just be that it was a genuine mistake and I don't want to tarnish their reputation if it was just that.....I will see when they reply.
As I said above...I had a good response from him using WhatsApp.....