• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Burn of the Day

iori

N00bHead
a piece of this
img-20200721-wa0009-jpg.13352

Last edited:

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun | Ouddict
Staff member
Palo santo. quite different experience compared to often visited oud, sandalwood, resins.
not a massive fan of these woods but I do enjoy the scent.
it's better to heat it on an electric burner than burning it directly as many other people do.

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun | Ouddict
Staff member
potionspowdersandsundries - Kyphi incense
this ball-shaped kneaded incense follows an ancient Egyptian recipe called Kyphi. there are many variants for making Kyphi incense and Jimmy took a Dioscorides's recipe then added his interpretation. I'm not sure about the exact formula but what I get from this are mostly juniper berries, raisin, honey, myrrh. I get lots of purple berries. it's fruity, jammy, comforting. it's not my favorite type of scent but feels genuinely made. so I appreciate the craftsmanship of Jimmy. Music: Rest Area by Adrian Talens

After repeated samplings from my latest Japan haul, of the four aloeswoods, this Gyokushodo Vietnamese Mud agarwood is my clear winner.
B5D2E3AC-FEF0-43E6-AF6F-A4EF696F8976.jpeg
It’s actually my favorite Vietnamese at the moment. First try… it reminded me a little of Shoyeido Translucent Path, with it’s perfume character and kinamic edge, and after subsequent tries it is confirmed. It’s a little sweet,
and is the fruitiest Vietnamese I’ve tried.
Being classified as Mud, thanks to Google translation, I suppose it is agarwood harvested from tree stumps in the ground.
Needless to say, I jumped at getting 3 more boxes. ¥11,000 for 15 grams👍

iori

N00bHead
After repeated samplings from my latest Japan haul, of the four aloeswoods, this Gyokushodo Vietnamese Mud agarwood is my clear winner.
View attachment 18545
It’s actually my favorite Vietnamese at the moment. First try… it reminded me a little of Shoyeido Translucent Path, with it’s perfume character and kinamic edge, and after subsequent tries it is confirmed. It’s a little sweet,
and is the fruitiest Vietnamese I’ve tried.
Being classified as Mud, thanks to Google translation, I suppose it is agarwood harvested from tree stumps in the ground.
Needless to say, I jumped at getting 3 more boxes. ¥11,000 for 15 grams👍
Sounds nice, a while back I got to knew a job that site sell mud pieces of viet and many other things
Have some interesting pieces