Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Gyokushodo shunsui

Unlit this incense as a typical mixed spice herb mixture scent. When burned in addition to the classic spice blend the distinct smell of costus root is evident. This stick enabled me to understand finally the role of this material in the classic Japanese incense fragrance. This smells kind of like a daily use incense with no pronounced sandalwood or aloeswood notes. A nice incense I would burn regularly. The sample was given to me by our wonderful oudamberlove, who has generously provided me with a selection of Japanese incense sticks to compare.

Minoren kyara chokoh no. 5

The unlit stick is dark brown with a sweet smell a faint scent of cologne.
Now this one surprised me. On the first burn I did not notice any recognizable kyara scent but there is a dense sweetness that I noticed when entering the room it was burning and that was vaguely reminiscent of high-quality wood. This overall had an unusual and kind of musky scent, With mineral and medicinal notes on top. This stick has a thick perfumey heart and a very strong pronounced note of something that is driving me crazy and hard to identify, possibly myrrh. The fragrance is entertaining but not exactly beautiful.
I find more pleasure in choking. that deep rush sinus clinging high grade wood. And yes I think myrh is a safe bet. Is not frank of any sort. Styrax? I also suspect there is onycha in this incense. That mineral note. It too nasal cavity clinging unctuous stuff

Mr.P

oud<3er
Brunei wood from kyarazen, thank you for the sample oudamberlove!

this is really a wonderful deep richly fragrant agarwood... like espresso very smooth and fully fragrant. First notes are a bit... unclean smelling, but when this aspect passes it is sweet and chocolatey and a very satisfying burn! Wish I had a good handful of this stuff!

EJayB

True Ouddict
Kien Ruc Nah Trang was a private offering from oudwoodVietnam, 100 grams came In from the jungle and the owner kept 50 grams and let me purchase the other 50. It was purchased at a price that was so amazing I considered it a gift. , sweet scent leaning towards total floral top note with s long slow release. After the Nah Trang I immediately go to some sinking grade green kinam from kevin. Ahhhhhhh such a great way to start the day

Mr.P

oud<3er
Going for a full day of Puresacra.com hojari on the subitism. I have these large mica sheets the size of an index card that covers the entire heating element plus burner surface. I can just place any sized chunk of resin on top of the mica sheet, set the burner at a gentle temperature, and forget about it as nothing can drip down onto the wires. my house smells like a sun-baked Mediterranean pine forest (that’s the association it triggers for me - childhood memories of Sicily and Greece).

The resin I got from puresacra.com really seems perfect to me, as good as any frankincense I have smelled. When you break the little nuggets they are still somewhat soft on the inside and pliable, clearly saturated with oil.

Mr.P

oud<3er
6989E250-9548-4BD5-95C7-34E505C52B5D.jpeg
Puresacra frankincense on the burner!

low heat - I close my eyes, deeply imbibe the scent... I’m just gone. Transported to some dry forest in my mind’s eye... or nose...

Habzoud Sinking Filipino
Yum Yum!

Anybody who grabbed some of this wood, or for that matter any of the Al Hashimi Filipino, and LMK Filipino woods, you did great:Thumbsup:

Nice batches of room fumigating pleasure, and if you enjoy it monkoh style, a little goes a long way and your supply will last very long.

I never had the pleasure to try Huzen’s or Taha’s Filipino wood, wish I did.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Habzoud Sinking Filipino
Yum Yum!

Anybody who grabbed some of this wood, or for that matter any of the Al Hashimi Filipino, and LMK Filipino woods, you did great:Thumbsup:

Nice batches of room fumigating pleasure, and if you enjoy it monkoh style, a little goes a long way and your supply will last very long.

I never had the pleasure to try Huzen’s or Taha’s Filipino wood, wish I did.

I am burning Habz' too :)
I have the AH but not LMK's. Have a small sample of Huzen's which I don't think I've tried.
I bought a ton of wood from Tony & Huzen but haven't got around to trying them :/

EJayB

True Ouddict
I am toasting habz’s Filipino and yes wow is it amazing, such large dense pieces with crazy scent throughout the entire piece. Have some from IO in chips and it is very nice with a woods scent included as it is not sinking but it blends in nice and adds an almost nutty hint. Love the Filipino!!! Is it gone or something? You all make it sound like it’s unavailable?

I am toasting habz’s Filipino and yes wow is it amazing, such large dense pieces with crazy scent throughout the entire piece. Have some from IO in chips and it is very nice with a woods scent included as it is not sinking but it blends in nice and adds an almost nutty hint. Love the Filipino!!! Is it gone or something? You all make it sound like it’s unavailable?
It’s all gone:(

@Edward
Thanks for letting me try the Nuc Quang Nam and Sinking chips.

A quick burn reveals how young plantation cannot compare to old and wild, even if it were buried in soil for years.

The sinking is sweeter, and the Nuc QN has a lovely note well worth exploring some more.

EJayB

True Ouddict
Yes that is what I’m talking about, just grabbed the last 10 grams! While it is a different level of wood from the sinking IMO
It has that same dark chocolate/ old leather scent but the lower grade has a nutty scent to me. I shave the squares down a bit to open up the full aroma, I did get some sinking Filipino from IO that was baby king grade but it had none of the scent profile and honestly smelled like regular wood when heated. Habzoud’s Baby king blew my mind it was so amazing and IO square has that same type profile to me. Wish the baby king did as they now just sit on s shelf with no desire to heat.
I can’t keep my hands of the baby king I received from habz!!!

EJayB

True Ouddict
Night time on the west coast with a few friends on the farm so we lite up the different offerings from Kevin’s green kinam, some red kinam from Ensar and then a few pinches of black kinam from Vietnam. Then back to the kinam from Kevin. Amazing experience sharing with friends

hedycent

True Ouddict
I heated up some of Kevins green kinam and inhaled through my mouth to numb my tooth.It throbs with my heart beat.:Cry:
Sorry to hear you are suffering. I can recommend another treatment. If you can get some myrrh tincture or resin, try applying the tincture to your tooth and gum.
I once used the resin to pack a broken tooth, I was far from a dentist.
When I got to see a dentist she was firstly shocked by the dark resin she found inside the broken tooth, even though I had explained first. I think she thought I was joking.
Once the examination was complete she changed her tune. Telling me she didn't understand why I didn't have an abscess. She had never see such an untreated break without infection. It finished with a request to supply the dental practice with some myrrh to have tested .
This method is nothing new, it's been a key factor in dental treatment for aeons .
As the name suggests it's a bitter taste but I kinda like it. Chewing a bit of resin and leaving it clamped between the offending tooth killed pain temporary giving much needed relief.