1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burn Of The Day/night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Proust Madeleine

Proust Madeleine True Ouddict

I’m hearing some non-sinking Filipino pieces from LMK and they do NOT like higher heat. They get that acrid wood smoke scent, so I’m going slow and low. Pretty nice. Makes me wonder if I should’ve sprung for the sinking.

2. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time! Staff Member

In general with wood in particular what I've realized is that it's always the better bet to go with the higher quality option if you have it. You'll enjoy it more. I have tons of wood I bought on a "value" kick - specifically from Dr i that comes to mind. Where I should have just paid more for the better wood bc I never heat it anymore.

Feel like the markets are at - 15 per gram, 30 per gram, and 70 per gram. These are kinda ballparks for what I've seen as far as quality ranges. You have some anomalies though. For example habz had the sinking fili og batch for 15 a gram-ish. And at least now that wood could easily fetch 25-30 a gram imo.

Taesik Yun, Oudamberlove and DubOudh like this.
  3. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

Am burning for the first time the LMK
    Sinking Khanh Hoa.......I got the last 3.3gms.....Set the temp low for a while....and then went higher.....I left momentarily and when I returned, I thought one of mu Oudh bottles had spilled...Really beautiful fragrance from the little slivers of wood on the heat...Seems to prefer a higher heat...for sure...

Taesik Yun and Oudamberlove like this.
  4. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

Thanks for that information Andrew...I too have some wood that burns a scent momentarily and then is gone. Yes...quality for wood seems to be at a particular range....
    The wood burning is still kind of new...but this LMK batch I shall use sparingly until I can source more quality..

5. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Looks like there is still a 27 gram piece of that wood available on LMK site.
    really is great wood

6. IntheRedwoods

IntheRedwoods True Ouddict

Starting my weekend Al Hashimi style...Pontianak X to start followed by some Brunei Ghattas. Ahhhhh, that’s the ticket.

7. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Finally made another batch of Incense sticks,
    so I rewarded myself with a session of
    Baieido green oil kyara, it is my best kyara.
    Kotaro claims it was from a Rikkokoku set once owned by Ross of Olfactory Rescue Service.

The bitter kinamic edge eclipses the sweet notes,
    and when I did a side by side with my other kyaras,
    it seemed to be more complex.

It used to be .40 grams, but with every sliver taken for a session, it keeps getting smaller:(

Topped the session off with some Hainan.
    A lovely scent which expands in the room,
    an excellent fumigator.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  8. zeedubbya

zeedubbya Oud Fan

Tonight, I burned a tiny tiny sliver of the Shoyeido Kyara you so generously shared with me and it is an unreal, amazing experience. It evokes something unlike anything I have ever experienced. An elating/grounding effect like nothing else. I can only imagine what it would take to transcend the complexity of it. Wow. Baiedo Green Oil Kyara must truly be the pinnacle of Agarwood. I can’t thank you enough for the opportunity to experience this.

9. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

That Shoyeido kyara is right up there, a tad sweeter, which is what might have thrown my senses off to observe the finer complexities. It might be preferred actually. I kinda get the feeling that the Baieido is a much older piece.

iori, Nico, Proust Madeleine and 2 others like this.
  10. iori

iori N00bHead

really old stock cambodi got today, from chinese collector..it smell so ancient :O pics will be up later

Oudamberlove likes this.
  11. Nico

Nico Whats this Oud About?

Old wild Nha Trang chips :Inlove:

Attached Files:

12. Proust Madeleine

RPP Buton, oceanic umami on low heat

Oudamberlove and DubOudh like this.
  13. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

Trying my first Brunei Kinam burn....I have only used a pinch on the burner....
    Certainly different to anything else I have burned thus far....

14. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

I am reluctant to burn too much as I don't have much. Turned the heat up and amazing watching the oil bubble....

15. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Nippon Kodo Borneo

Close to a Malinau profile,
    sweet perfume.

Then Bass’d out with some Merauke.

16. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

68E80CD5-A71F-49CD-8782-3AE6B24F4BCE.jpeg Full fumigation with Jayapura to start the day

17. Proust Madeleine

Burning some nha trang from al Hashimi. Any recommendations on heat level?

Oudamberlove likes this.
  18. iori

iori N00bHead

cambodi :O

DubOudh, Bilal, Ashfaque and 5 others like this.
  19. Nico

Nico Whats this Oud About?

:Inlove:

iori and EJayB like this.
  20. iori

iori N00bHead

EO Pinoy Privee such an awesome wood :D

Promote Oud!