1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burn Of The Day/night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Excellent advice by JK. Each wood deserves special attention, because they have their individual needs.
    I have a Papua, that puts out it’s perfume but only until a certain temperature, beyond that, it will get nasty.

Proust Madeleine and EJayB like this.
  2. Proust Madeleine

Proust Madeleine True Ouddict

Burned some RPP Bangka Island Lot 1. Gotta keep messing with it. Really enjoyed the Pursat earlier with a high temp. Good creamy cinnamon phases.

Edit: burning the Bangka Island again today at a high, then low temp today and getting lovely toffee/root beer with just a subtle medicinal tingle. Really nice.

My girl loves this one! The wonders never cease.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  3. Proust Madeleine

Just burned Saffron on the sub. Al Hashimi sent it with the Ghattas. Is it super low heat for saffron? I feel like I burned it like BURNED it. My lady has a big cooking show and she looked at me like “what are you doing to that beautiful saffron???” Lol

Oudamberlove and Taesik Yun like this.
  4. Taesik Yun

Taesik Yun True Ouddict Staff Member

be easy on those stems. they are delicate :oops:

Proust Madeleine likes this.
  5. Proust Madeleine

thanks so much! I think I ruined a good four stems. Like the Gyro King of Queens tells me, “you don’t burn, you don’t learn”

Taesik Yun likes this.
  6. Nico

Nico Whats this Oud About?

Kyara Nha Trang from JK, sublime, hypnotic, I am in the Nirvana :Inlove:

7. Hosayn

Hosayn True Ouddict

Amel Bukhur by Diwan Imports. Traditional Omani/yemeni bukhur, very well done and soft and not over-powering. Flowers, saffron, frankincense, oud all mixed to give a beautiful warm aroma, this is perfect bukhur for small gatherings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. punmaster

punmaster Oud Fanatic

Dr.incense processed meruake.

Definitely has that grassy maruke feel to it, but I feel kens deadwood stick exudes more of the peculiar cooling green notes.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Nico, Dan, Taesik Yun and 2 others like this.
  9. Nico

Nico Whats this Oud About?

Old wild Hong Kong from Dr Incense. Very lucky to have this wood in my collection.
    The smell is high level :)

10. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I’m saturated right now....
    a whole lot of Merauke kapow:handfist:
    then a whole lot of Hainan:handfist::handfist::handfist:
    Knocked out:confused:

11. Proust Madeleine

A full mica plate of slivers from a Sinabang lot from Rising Phoenix A bit sour on low temp. Slowly cranking it up.

a bit warmer I’m getting florals and powdery sweet musk.

opened the windows to clear out the room before my lady gets home and threw on some of Rising Phoenix ancient Timor sandalwood pieces. These make me smile every single time. Great low temp burn.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    Oudamberlove, Taesik Yun and KodoKing like this.
  12. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

985372B3-409F-4D61-88B6-0B10AE417FDE.jpeg Brunei on the coal for full fumigation this afternoon

Bilal, punmaster, Sproaty and 5 others like this.
  13. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Heated some Merauke chips......
    was the first thing I did when I got home
    from work.

Sproaty and Proust Madeleine like this.
  14. KodoKing

KodoKing True Ouddict

Royal Baram - such a unique Minty Borneo that reminds of B50K!

699F66B9-EEDD-4F6D-8C8C-D8CADADEF38F.jpeg 4548AC64-DECE-42A2-A9DC-9ED1EFA561B0.jpeg

Bilal, punmaster, Taesik Yun and 4 others like this.
  15. IntheRedwoods

IntheRedwoods True Ouddict

Brunei Ghattas - I get the hype!

16. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Nippon Kodo Sizuro Borneo
    Heat the granules and they sweat their oils,
    beautiful.

then I couldn’t resist....
    more Merauke and more Sumatra:confused:

Taesik Yun and iori like this.
  17. Proust Madeleine

LMK Filipino wood--- still figuring this one out.

iori and Oudamberlove like this.
  18. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Filli from habz
    Haven’t heated this Wood in a while
    Such deep soul stirring oud

19. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Nite cap
    KZ Brunei Heartwood

From the woods that I have tried,
    I value this wood as much as green oil kyara
    .......aromatically speaking:Cooler:
    It’s all fruity sweet perfume
    without kinamic bitterness
    and gets a little powdery.

20. Proust Madeleine

Malay Bead Waste from RPP. Note on the package said NEEDS LOW HEAT. Trying to decide if that means halfway on the electric or like the lowest setting. Clearly don't want smoke but maybe just under that? Fun to get it right. This one makes my nose tingle, even when I'm not smelling it.

KodoKing and Oudamberlove like this.

Promote Oud!