1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burn Of The Day/night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Taesik Yun

Taesik Yun True Ouddict Staff Member

2. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Heated a Merauke chip, that didn’t even appear to be resinated, but lo and behold still smelled very good.
    I call it “magic wood”:Roflmao::Roflmao:

Then I went for more Sumatran again!
    Watching TV, eating dessert, while the oudy smoke keeps filling my room.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Sproaty, Taesik Yun and IntheRedwoods like this.
  3. IntheRedwoods

IntheRedwoods True Ouddict

Just ordered some...I couldn’t hold out any longer!!

4. Taesik Yun

You won't regret it!

IntheRedwoods and Oudamberlove like this.
  5. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

I'm surprised at how long bits of wood can keep burning & giving off scent.
    I'm heating...I think it was Brunei Sultan by Al Hashimi and I turned it on around 8am this morning and forgot to turn it off - around 6pm when I got back home it was still giving off scent (and still is, at 10pm!)

Taesik Yun and Oudamberlove like this.
  6. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I’m glad your place didn’t burn down:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
    I get that too, as long as the heat isn’t too high.
    In fact, today and yesterday, I let the wood heat continually for 2 hours, then I like to walk out of the room then walk back in and enjoy the aroma.

Today....it’s Habzoud Filipino woods,
    both the sinkers and the baby kings.
    The sinking piece was so resinous that it seemed to have more resin than wood.

Nico and Taesik Yun like this.
  7. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Hainan and Cambodian chips

Two awesome regions!

Sproaty, Taesik Yun and Dan like this.
  8. Taesik Yun

Al Hashimi - Brunei Ghattas

Notes: Gardenia, White champaca, Butter, Orris butter, Vanilla, Sugar, Cardamom
    Sensation: Grounding, Pulsating
    Description
    Brunei Ghattas is one heck of oud wood. I've been burning tiny silver of this wood for several times. and I can't get enough of this beautiful wood.

Approximately 0.3mm x 0.7mm sized chip emitted the smell for ±4 hours of continuous low-temperature heating. It smells strong for about 2 hour and becomes weaker.

There are no smells at room temperature, but it blooms wonderfully when you toss it on a burner.

On the gently heated burner, tiny droplets ooze out from the chip, and bubbles start to simmer. It opens up with a luscious white floral such as white champaca, gardenia. simultaneously, thick buttery cream sweetness satiates the craving that only can be satisfied by sinking grade oud.

Personally, I got a pulsating sensation in my forehead several times while burning this wood. it gives me a nice grounding effect.

Brunei Ghattas, it is this kind of ouds that I'm happily open my wallet. :Inlove:

9. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Sinking Sumatran chips (2018) from Feel Oud. These babies last over an hours at low temperature (note: in a small room).

10. Nico

Nico Whats this Oud About?

Vietnam Yellow soil fingers, Tony Bolton

I love soil wood, divine perfume during many time. . .

;)

Oudamberlove, Taesik Yun and iori like this.
  11. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Nippon Kodo Indonesian Kizami

Almost as pretty as their Borneo,
    I’ve grown to really love it:Inlove:

12. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I had to revisit this yellow soil.
    Nice Sweet Vietnamese profile, more refined than I expected, but this is a 5 year old batch.
    While I had my baggie with woods out,
    I reached for some ASO Hudhayl wood,
    close to Assam profile, but with a bright citrus on top of the floral.
    Digging some more, an old neglected baggie of Sri Lanka chips....being from qt store, I dismissed them most of the time. Old small dusty chips, but under 10x magnification, most were resin rocks, and when heated, a little goes a long way, with an excellent profile. Super!
    96F6509E-8B80-4C7E-BBE0-98ACFF9F83CD.jpeg

Nico, Taesik Yun, iori and 1 other person like this.
  13. Nico

Wild Laos Ant from Godoudscent
    My first Ant wood the profile is fantastic, like in a dream :D.
    Absolute sweetness.

14. iori

iori N00bHead

i could smell greatness from this delicious picture alone :p

Oudamberlove, Taesik Yun and Nico like this.
  15. Nico

Me too nice colour this parcel.

16. Proust Madeleine

Proust Madeleine True Ouddict

Got my subutism burner and “wood starter pack” from RPP. WOW he gave me some good stuff. But I started by burning a small sliver of the Al Hashimi Brunei Ghattas! Wow. Very into this.
    Any one with an RPP burner know what the settings mean? 17.5... is that 175 degrees? 17.5Watts? I’m not really sure what my range should be on a wood like this Brunei. I got it bubbling and it smelled amazing but I also had the feeling that’s not the whole story for low heat!

Oudamberlove and Taesik Yun like this.
  17. zeedubbya

zeedubbya Oud Fan

Think it’s voltage. Some experts may be able to jump on here and advise you on temp/voltage adjustments. Burning stuff is FUN—that’s about my level of expertise!

18. Proust Madeleine

Thanks zeedubbya! JK told me to take it slow and learn each wood more by reaction to heat than anything. Seems like good advice for a beginner like me!

Oudamberlove and Taesik Yun like this.
  19. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time! Staff Member

Yeah. It depends on which adapter he sent. There are a couple variations.

I know for me, 9-10 is a good number for low heat but that may be different on yours.

16 is where things start really bubbling.

20-24 is essentially like a hot coal imo

Taesik Yun and Proust Madeleine like this.
  20. Proust Madeleine

!! Thanks !!

waited a bit and burned some Cambodi Pursat chips from RPP... it gave me a wasabi flush in my brain. My eyes teared up. Night and day from the floral Brunei wood in the Al Hashimi Ghattas.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Taesik Yun likes this.

Promote Oud!