1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burn Of The Day/night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Sep 15, 2016.

1. KodoKing

KodoKing True Ouddict

BOTN - Pattani - what a vibrant, very special earthy green opening - such a unique smell.

FBF30F4D-3936-4A06-90CE-5F93FA28B322.jpeg

EJayB, Oudamberlove, iori and 2 others like this.
  2. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

Dr Incense - Premium Jayapura Chips

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Oudamberlove and Hosayn like this.
  3. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Papuan chip

The so called agarwood soursop,
    when I smell the aroma
    I can’t help but think
    how this wood would be a good ingredient
    for a bakhoor blend.

4. Taesik Yun

Taesik Yun True Ouddict Staff Member

Have a fragrant day!

DubOudh and Oudamberlove like this.
  5. Taesik Yun

Brunei Ghattas... tiny kodo chip last looooong time.
    I get lots of flowers(frangipani, rose, jasmine), butter, and super dense oud sweetness. this chip needs a bit more heat than usual to really get what's in it.
    love love love.

Hosayn and Oudamberlove like this.
  6. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Mmmmmmmmmerauke
    :Cooler:
    Oudy good!

Sproaty and Taesik Yun like this.
  7. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Another pkg. from Kevin
    16 days from China to California
    More Hainan agarwood:)

A wonderful profile
    sweet with fruity florals

I consider this region as really essential
    when it comes to fine agarwood.

Then I tossed some Five Zambala powder onto the mica. Potent sweet herbs ans spices

8. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

67DA26BC-73AE-492A-8B89-0A4FAAD3D53E.jpeg

Got a bunch of split atlas cedar, redwood and arbor vitae mixed wood. This is a big pile of incense essentially. Got it for burning in our outdoor fire place

Not sure why that image is showing rotated... it's right side up on my device.

9. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

My phone does this too, really annoying.
    I'm burning a small bit of Habz' Wild Viet. Wood's okay, it's not cleaned the best, but it smells great. This may not be the same wood as in the shop currently, I probably bought in 2018, think Habz made a sample pack of various types with 3g (or 5?) each

I really like my new setup in my new flat where my burner's right in front of my open window, blowing the oud scent towards me :D

Oudamberlove, EJayB and Taesik Yun like this.
  10. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

EO Brunei (not BK)

This session it had a vintage floral perfume vibe,
    it surprised me actually.

Taesik Yun likes this.
  11. Taesik Yun

Al Hashimi Brunei Ghattas.
    Yamadamatsu's Oju incense stick smells quite like this wood. but B.G is more packed with a good oudiness. and has more delicate floral nuances.
    anyway, both are my favorites at the moment.

Sproaty and Oudamberlove like this.
  12. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

EO Pinoy Privee
    Nice profile

Habzoud Hindi
    Caramel corn, tea, pollen, resin.
    Why are Hindi chips so hard to get?

Papua chips
    Unfamiliar profile, aromatic,
    I keep studying it. The litmus test is to see how it smells in an incense stick form

Sultanul Oud Borneo Gold
    I purchased this 6 years ago, haven’t heated some in a long time.
    Figs, hint of tobacco, berries, floral, slightly herbal, cherry oud, sweet, spice.......in that order
    .....just note after note after note
    Then I went to their website, and saw that it is still available. But is it the same batch I wonder?
    .......good stuff:Inlove:

Sproaty and Dan like this.
  13. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

sounds good @Oudamberlove
    Today I have a decent sized chip of Sinking Indonesian (sumatran if I recall) from The Attar Store on the heater. Fantastic - you missed out if you didn't get this! :D

I've been quite tempted to buy more wood lately - and then I look at how much I own already....there is no point getting more! There's something really compulsive about perfumery, isn't there?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    halim, DubOudh, Dan and 1 other person like this.
  14. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Onssessive compulsive is in my blood:Roflmao:

I do have some Sumatran on it’s way,
    I hope it will be good.

15. Hosayn

Hosayn True Ouddict

ASO Brunei Wood from the Ramadan 2020 Burn Pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taesik Yun, Oudamberlove and Dan like this.
  16. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

My Sumatran arrived today.
    “ I Likeeee”
    Puts out florals and oudiness with a capital Oud.
    Hit me a little psychoactive as well:confused:
    BA4883B9-34AA-41B5-894E-F62B2439962D.jpeg

EJayB, Proust Madeleine, iori and 5 others like this.
  17. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

Oh I hear that brother.....:D. We are very blessed that we can grow financially poorer with our chosen habit of olfactory experiences but very rich with pleasure from scent, that we cant quite have enough.......For me even opening a bottle of Oudh and just sniffing it can suffice my pleasure.....:)
    But you know what Sproaty?.......I still feel blessed that we have found (or it found us) this passion in life....

Sproaty and Oudamberlove like this.
  18. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

That is bonfire material....:eek:

Oudamberlove likes this.
  19. Hosayn

Hosayn True Ouddict

20. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I bought a bag of tiny Merauke chips,
    had to give them a bath to remove dust
    and freshen them up a bit. Turns out that a lot of thoses little buggers were very resinated and some sinking. Must be from a live tree, and probably some buried stuff too. Nice to heat!

Then round two with Sumatra, this time a few slivers from a double super chip. Again, it opens with florals, then does a decent job at oudy fumigation. Then I let it cool down, then start back up, and the scent reminded me of Sumatran oud oil. Bang for the buck baby!

Hakim, IntheRedwoods and Dan like this.

Promote Oud!