1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burn Of The Day/night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Based on the formation of the resin surrounding the hole, and thus the overall shape, my guess is the holes were drilled, and in some cases nailed, and in rare cases... insect holes.

Even wild trees get drilled.

2. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

The holes are tiny, I can’t see anyone drilling with a toothpick sized bit or nailing with tiny little finish nails,
    Maybe Ahmed can shed some light on this wood, I think knows the hunter who found this particular tree

3. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Oh, I bet some holes are formed when the knots from branches and twigs while the tree was young start to decay away, but I’m totally guessing:D

4. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Agreed but those do not look to be from branches you can tell from the grain I think. As I see it, a drill hole and injection site. Looks like (as expected) the resin forms most where the inoculate soaked in near the drill hole

Oudamberlove likes this.
  5. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Totally wrong mrP, that tiny whole was drilled by Ahmed while he was cleaning, absolutely no inoculate was used . This is wild tree unaided in its development. Another piece was drilled and split open and found to have eggs inside from the bugs! I do wonder where the information comes from? My info is from the source The resin around the hole is so old it pushes out of the wood fibers.
    and When I heat the wood it totally softens and the whole piece turns soft and gooey!
    I have never herd of a plantation in Brunei and would love if anyone can find one.
    plantation wood is usually much lighter, this wood is dense and will sink underwater with most pieces. 042BEF5D-C8E6-4839-BB1C-16E699B92D03.jpeg

Taesik Yun, Oudamberlove and iori like this.
  6. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Some holes aren’t straight, they curve,
    and some are oblong, not circular.
    Couldn’t be a drill in these cases,
    now I’m really curious how these form.

We need a new thread for this topic:Geek:

iori and Taesik Yun like this.
  7. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Cultivated kinam to scent the whole room!
    This wood really leaves the room smelling amazing

8. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Pohong triple super
    A satisfying morning burn, being thankful feeling grateful showing gratitude,
    reflection:

Oudamberlove, iori and Taesik Yun like this.
  9. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Nusa from ASO for morning meditation

Al Shareef Oudh, Grega, iori and 2 others like this.
  10. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Nippon Kodo Borneo Granules

Every session is still a lesson.

EJayB and iori like this.
  11. iori

iori N00bHead

Local small chips Pinoy
    endup with amazing spicy piece today :D

Oudamberlove, EJayB and Taesik Yun like this.
  12. Hosayn

Hosayn True Ouddict

Brunei from ASO’s Ramadan Burn pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Feel Oud Sinking Laos

It’s been a while since I’ve heated these rocks.
    Floral and complex.

Then I scorched some Malaysian chips
    for an instant plume of fragrant smoke.

14. Grega

Grega True Ouddict

That's such a nice way to start the day. Nusa is a beautiful wood that gives off very different notes at different heat.

I tried the kyara sticks from ASO -Floating Mountains. Man, that is exactly the profile that I imagined oud would have before I tried it for the first time.
    Wonderful. In oil form that would be my fav oud. I love how fragrant the sticks by themselves are, keep sniffing them.

15. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Jayapura wood I got from JK @RPP
    Creamy smooth and sweet
    Filli from AH
    Deep rich and satisfying

16. KodoKing

KodoKing True Ouddict

It is my understanding as well that the hole in the middle is due to excavation of white wood when the chip hasn't been left in the tree long enough to allow infection to completely resonate throughout to create a solid piece without any 'white' wood in it's core. Below is an example of a similar species (I believe) that has resonated more fully - this is a solid piece, if I cut in half, it would not have a hole in the center. However, you can see in the photo that there was a mm or two of softer wood that was dug out - as this was cut from the end of what was likely a bigger piece that would have been hollowed out - most likely.

Fili Private.jpg

Oudamberlove, Grega and iori like this.
  17. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

I have just been sent a piece from ASO in my just arrived parcel...

Al Shareef Oudh and Oudamberlove like this.
  18. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

AH Mindanao Malaki
    I’m heating the choicest piece of the lot
    ......dynamite!!

Nippon Kodo Borneo
    Beautiful!!!

19. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Tain Lone Kelantan
    This amazing wood from LMK is off the chart as far as saturation of the room with it’s awesome scent!
    Thanks Farid this wood is amazing

Oudamberlove, Taesik Yun and iori like this.
  20. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Super Trat
    Threw chip after chip till my room was full of fruity honey caramel, then while the aroma was still in the air, tossed some Sri Lankan chips to cut through the aura, with the classic Walla top notes.

Taesik Yun, iori and EJayB like this.

Promote Oud!