1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Blue Kyara : The Ultimate Mind Bending Experience

Discussion in 'Rising Phoenix' started by RisingPhoenix, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

That’s hilarious

RisingPhoenix likes this.
  2. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix Resident Artisan

I agree. I’ve gotten an awful
    Lot of messages about it, though. When you build a reputation for taking shots at folks...that’s how everyone ends up taking it.

Whether he intended it or not - people have taken it as taking a shot at me.

Besides...sounds like the frag was a big miss.
    Come to Rising Phoenix to smell winners ;)

3. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

I've had the honour to get some of the BK.

I was a bit skeptical about blending kyara extract with blue lotus and I understand who asked themselves this question maybe with some clumsiness.

Letting all the psychedelic stuff aside focusing on dissecting the oil the most objectively possible (professional deformation maybe ...) :

At application, what stroked me was a clean smell of blackcurrant flavoured Eliquid (or black currant skittle minus the acidity if you're not a vaper) with a fur resinous base (I don't know from where was the kyara used but it made me think of the Vietnamese I got).

Few time after, I get granted with a surprising but very clean and clear (I had to smell my wirst many time to check if my brain was okay) Nivea cream smell whereas the kyara base seems to become more discreet.

Drydown is like a bag of sticky resin oud.

Well in conclusion : I think the bet was really risky and could have been a miss but nope it's a total hit.

Also I think that the blue lotus used helped because it's an incredible one.

Of course, the psychoactive value is there also but will need me to forget about trying to analyse it to fully enjoy it I guess.

Congrats Jk for having taken a such risk, it gave a wonderful result !

4. RisingPhoenix

Thanks Farid @F4R1d0uX - I really appreciate it!

Next up that I’m working on is a Samundari oil - have been working on setting up the project for the last month, and will likely start juicing it by the end of March :)

F4R1d0uX and Oudamberlove like this.
  5. Dean

Dean Kinam King

Wow a Samundari oil.... like a pure oil? Details details por favor mi amigo! :)

F4R1d0uX and RisingPhoenix like this.
  6. RisingPhoenix

Sooooooo ...

We’ve set aside some wood and are going to attempt a distillation, which will lay the groundwork for hopefully running several more distillations.

For the first run...

I’ve got 1.2kg of the spectacular wild Meghalaya Garo Hills incense chips.

To this I’ll be adding 4kg of the Upper Assam, Manipur and Nagaland Mix - fantastic wood, and 40% of this sinks. This 4kg of wood is crazy good.

To this I plan to add a log of sinking and very floral Kyara al Samundari.

Distilling gets much lower yields - so I need to distill it on a “base” of some really exceptional wood.

Either one of these batches of woods on its own would make a really fantastic oil. I’m hoping by adding the Samundari to this that it’ll add a very distinctive flavor to the overall oil - and will also help me calculate some potential yields.

Should this be a success - we have enough material set aside to make several different interesting Samundari oils built on unique high grade woods.

We’ve also got some wood set aside to try a CO2 run here in the US to make a pure Sumandari oil. Should make one very interesting oil.

So if all goes well...there will be several different exceptional Samundari and Samundari / Hindi oils in the near future :Thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  7. Royalbengalouds

Royalbengalouds Resident Artisan

MashaAllah, making me nose tingle in a good way JK

Bigboy, Hakim and RisingPhoenix like this.
  8. 911LambMelb

911LambMelb Whats this Oud About?

Hi all,

I recently ordered a sample of BK, along with some other goodies from JK.

I set my expectations low, as I'm used to people hyping certain smells, or, for whatever reason I don't rate them as highly as others. Usually my taste differs a bit and I don't particularly like most oils I come across.

Not the case here. This stuff is amazing. I've gone on to order a full custom sized bottle.

To me, it opens up with the typical high grade kyara profile, minty, mentholic, light. It makes your nose tingle literally. The lotus is sweet and pleasant pungent, it certainly isn't overbearing or omnipresent in this oil, it's just there in the background. This is a winning combination.
    Like all Kyara oils, projection is light as is longevity. The dry down is great, mainly slightly bitter resinous as the lotus tapers off.

This is right up there with the very best of oils I have smelt and is a must have for the fastidious oud connoisseur. I find myself opening the bottle a few times a day just to take in a whiff of this glorious concoction.

I do understand that the price is a prohibitive factor for some, try to sample the 0.1g if you can. Also note, this isn't the case of the perfumer being greedy, the woods that go into these distillations cost a lot.

I'm glad to confirm that this isn't hype. What an oil! Great work JK. Now hurry up and send me my V-Vial! Lol.

Thanks!

RisingPhoenix, Dean, Hakim and 4 others like this.
  9. RisingPhoenix

Promote Oud!