Souhayl

Oud Beginner
Hi everybody! I am looking for a recipe to realize bakhoor, if someone would have the list of ingredients and the process to follow .. of course each variety and techniques are good to hear!

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Hi everybody! I am looking for a recipe to realize bakhoor, if someone would have the list of ingredients and the process to follow .. of course each variety and techniques are good to hear!

Also some vendors here sell bakhoor and they are masters of the art. It’s always a good idea to have a variety for benchmarking your own efforts.

Souhayl

Oud Beginner
[QUOTE = "Ouddict, poste: 25743, membre: 3"] Aussi quelques vendeurs ici vendent bakhoor et ils sont maîtres de l'art. C'est toujours une bonne idée d'avoir une variété pour évaluer vos propres efforts. [/ QUOTE]

oh yes, i once smelled of traditional bakhoor of Somalia it was exceptional .. i never find this again

Souhayl

Oud Beginner
me what makes me a bit scary is to add oil or attars in the mix there are surely things it is better not to burn that could be toxic or I do not know .. so if anyone has any oil info that can add to the mix without problems, he is welcome!

Souhayl

Oud Beginner
thank you for the information, yes I understand .. but for example to heat water and add sugar and mix with wood and oils, I would like to know if at this level there is nothing serious a breathe her by burning her ..

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
thank you for the information, yes I understand .. but for example to heat water and add sugar and mix with wood and oils, I would like to know if at this level there is nothing serious a breathe her by burning her ..
First it is best you begin with loose bakhoor. That is bakhoor that does not use a binder. When they add sugar and water and reduce it , this is so that the ingredients all combine together, and solidify. There are many different type of binding techniques. You can also use active ingredients such as natural resins as binders.

For example if you craft a bakhoor and you add frankincense and warm up the mixture so that the frankincense becomes soft, then knead the mixture, this itself will cause the ingredients to combine and hold together.

However as I mentioned earlier, first focus should be on getting the desired scent by way of mixing the ingredients, than secondly you can work on the aesthetics of how you present the final product, loose, in balls, cubes, sticks etc.

Souhayl

Oud Beginner
First it is best you begin with loose bakhoor. That is bakhoor that does not use a binder. When they add sugar and water and reduce it , this is so that the ingredients all combine together, and solidify. There are many different type of binding techniques. You can also use active ingredients such as natural resins as binders.

For example if you craft a bakhoor and you add frankincense and warm up the mixture so that the frankincense becomes soft, then knead the mixture, this itself will cause the ingredients to combine and hold together.

However as I mentioned earlier, first focus should be on getting the desired scent by way of mixing the ingredients, than secondly you can work on the aesthetics of how you present the final product, loose, in balls, cubes, sticks etc.

thank you very much ! true beneficial comment!

Kabir Attars

OudSufi
My hand at homemade Bakhoor.

Attachments

• 20190409_190957.jpg
    20190409_190957.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 747

Kabir Attars

OudSufi
@Rai Munir yes they are that much sheen because that picture was taken when they were freshly rolled.

The ingredients for this is as follows:
Agarwood wood powder (post distilled)
Sandalwood powder(pre-distilled)
Powder sugar
Rose Abs
Jasmine Abs
Citrus blend (essential oils).

This blend came out ok...but the agarwood powder has to be pre-distilled
The next time I try my hand at this InshAllah.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
@Rai Munir yes they are that much sheen because that picture was taken when they were freshly rolled.

The ingredients for this is as follows:
Sandalwood powder(pre-distilled)
Powder sugar
Rose Abs
Jasmine Abs
Citrus blend (essential oils).

This blend came out ok...but the agarwood powder has to be pre-distilled
The next time I try my hand at this InshAllah.
Sir, the day you heat any incense ball, please share the shades of fragrance. At the moment, I am of the view that citrus blend generally gets rancid. This is just a hunch, not an empirical experience. May it not happen.

I like the idea of using rose absolute. Which one? I use rose petals dried in the shade.

This is quite new thing for me. Well, do you mean the oil had already been distilled, and then the powder in the still is reused in this incense?

Thanks

Grega

True Ouddict
Dear Rai Munir, I am so happy to see you here again! Literally smiling widely.
Couldn't believe my eyes when I read in "recent activity":"Rai Munir replied..." :D

Just wanted to post that, sorry for going only offtopic, will read through all the other posts I missed during the weekend ;)

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Marhaba Marhaba! Tala3 al badru 3layna .. Well come back! : )
Jazakumu-Allah, dearest Fahad.

I was reading your post about Musk. Alas my mobile is not with me. Otherwise, I would have shared what I learnt in the last four years. But I am extremely happy to see Mysuru Santal and Musk in the pic you posted.

Tomorrow, insha-Allah I will.