ChristianProgrammer

Rabshakeah Oudh
Which would you prefer Depends ,,, If I were rich I'd direct burn ounces or pounds of Oudh direct coal or direct fire everyday however that would equate to something like $500-$1200 per day .
Thus on a more practical note Oudh goes on the special subitism burner only no el-cheap-O electric incense burners.

Once the wood has expired from this process it goes to the burn pile ( lol cute little tupperware container ) to meet a disk of charcoal on a later day because well face it Its Oudh $$$$$$

Tons of differences for example are you attempting to burn Oud WOOD or actual Bakhoor ?
Bakhoor can be resin, man made disks random wood dipped in incense all kinds of varieties.

Oudh is Oudh Plain and simple. Oudh is extremely expensive for the real thing and for quality, while Bakhoor
is readily available and fairly cheaply from tons of incense and perfume houses. I have to point out my naivety here ( lack of exposure to Quality Bakhoor) There MUST be some varieties of Bakhoor in existence, that are not overwhelming and over powered Incensed covered generic wood chips or other formats ( disk chip or resin) with same description --" over powered Incensed covered". I have never experienced these but assuredly ( Assuming much on my part from lack on knowledge ) women are not perfuming their hair or people their clothes with the overpowered incense I have personally experienced.

I would love to stumble upon the Real Deal but have thus far not been able to locate anything. Regarding part one of your question my multiple varieties of "Bakhoor" must be literally burnt on a coal like the ones used for Hooka. And of course the purer ( cleaner burning ) the coal the better. Please forgive link I didn't check with forum rules first but an excerpt from a large fragrance house describes the various mediums like this : ( I am not recommending or attesting to or testifying regarding quality or lack thereof for any of these products YOUR OWN RISK )

[ https://shaghaf-oud.com/collections/oud-bakhoor-homes-luxurious-scent-arabia ]

Bakhoor is basically a woodchip which has been submerged in perfumed oil and mixed with other natural ingredients such as resin, sandalwood essential oils among others depending on an individual’s preference. These scented chips are mostly burned on charcoal or using an electric incense burner to perfume the rich fragrance produced in form of thick smoke.

Muattar or Mamool are terms used to refer specifically to chips of agarwood that are then soaked in fragrant oils. Mabsoos/Mabthooth is a specific term for when shavings of agarwood are also used and soaked in fragrant oils. However, the term bakhoor encompasses muattar, mamool and mabthooth.

I thought they covered the manmade disks and squared pressed chips in this description but obviously they didn't .
Put it this way Oudh is COMPLEX, COMPLICATED and filled with nuance and profundity, mysteriousness and subtlety.

Bakhoor in contrast is an explosion of powerful distinctness with no subtilty, power launched into your face (my description again just from personal experience) lol
Something about the generic "woodchip" seasoned in perfumed oil and mixed with whatever hasn't sat well with me, especially after experiencing real Oudh.
That variety literally smells like crappy burnt wood with odd incense glued on it.

Again to help describe the difference, I personally can "enjoy" the other Bakhoors that I have like the direct resin ones or chips, but even those according to my wifie are just too much.. and I agree somewhat, they are quite overpowering.
I personally cannot believe this is what women are perfuming their hair with or people are perfuming their homes and clothes with. But hey what the heck do I know I'm a dumb American hahaha

Good luck in your sensory search.

Attachments

• Clear Bakhoor Pic.jpg
    Clear Bakhoor Pic.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 89

Nur Irfan

Oud Beginner
Which would you prefer Depends ,,, If I were rich I'd direct burn ounces or pounds of Oudh direct coal or direct fire everyday however that would equate to something like $500-$1200 per day .
Thus on a more practical note Oudh goes on the special subitism burner only no el-cheap-O electric incense burners.

Once the wood has expired from this process it goes to the burn pile ( lol cute little tupperware container ) to meet a disk of charcoal on a later day because well face it Its Oudh $$$$$$

Tons of differences for example are you attempting to burn Oud WOOD or actual Bakhoor ?
Bakhoor can be resin, man made disks random wood dipped in incense all kinds of varieties.

Oudh is Oudh Plain and simple. Oudh is extremely expensive for the real thing and for quality, while Bakhoor
is readily available and fairly cheaply from tons of incense and perfume houses. I have to point out my naivety here ( lack of exposure to Quality Bakhoor) There MUST be some varieties of Bakhoor in existence, that are not overwhelming and over powered Incensed covered generic wood chips or other formats ( disk chip or resin) with same description --" over powered Incensed covered". I have never experienced these but assuredly ( Assuming much on my part from lack on knowledge ) women are not perfuming their hair or people their clothes with the overpowered incense I have personally experienced.

I would love to stumble upon the Real Deal but have thus far not been able to locate anything. Regarding part one of your question my multiple varieties of "Bakhoor" must be literally burnt on a coal like the ones used for Hooka. And of course the purer ( cleaner burning ) the coal the better. Please forgive link I didn't check with forum rules first but an excerpt from a large fragrance house describes the various mediums like this : ( I am not recommending or attesting to or testifying regarding quality or lack thereof for any of these products YOUR OWN RISK )

[ https://shaghaf-oud.com/collections/oud-bakhoor-homes-luxurious-scent-arabia ]

Bakhoor is basically a woodchip which has been submerged in perfumed oil and mixed with other natural ingredients such as resin, sandalwood essential oils among others depending on an individual’s preference. These scented chips are mostly burned on charcoal or using an electric incense burner to perfume the rich fragrance produced in form of thick smoke.

Muattar or Mamool are terms used to refer specifically to chips of agarwood that are then soaked in fragrant oils. Mabsoos/Mabthooth is a specific term for when shavings of agarwood are also used and soaked in fragrant oils. However, the term bakhoor encompasses muattar, mamool and mabthooth.

I thought they covered the manmade disks and squared pressed chips in this description but obviously they didn't .
Put it this way Oudh is COMPLEX, COMPLICATED and filled with nuance and profundity, mysteriousness and subtlety.

Bakhoor in contrast is an explosion of powerful distinctness with no subtilty, power launched into your face (my description again just from personal experience) lol
Something about the generic "woodchip" seasoned in perfumed oil and mixed with whatever hasn't sat well with me, especially after experiencing real Oudh.
That variety literally smells like crappy burnt wood with odd incense glued on it.

Again to help describe the difference, I personally can "enjoy" the other Bakhoors that I have like the direct resin ones or chips, but even those according to my wifie are just too much.. and I agree somewhat, they are quite overpowering.
I personally cannot believe this is what women are perfuming their hair with or people are perfuming their homes and clothes with. But hey what the heck do I know I'm a dumb American hahaha

Good luck in your sensory search.
After u heat the woods on the heater, u keep them to burn on charcoal ?😲 First time hearing it 😅 usually for me i turn on high heat and throw afterwards

ChristianProgrammer

Rabshakeah Oudh
greetings

Nur Irfan

thank you for the follow up

It is too Expensive to waste, bro..... if there is a possibility of resin still in those tiny pieces its assuredly going to burn better than "Bakhoor",,, to me,,, and not like some crap incensed wood.
So heck yes
I'll burn Spent Oudh on the charcoal after the Subitism burner..... even if it crushes down to dust because well let's face it its Oudh !!!!!

Its like more expensive than gold!!

And to be honest there are plenty of times where I can't crush it down to..... like dust..... but the expensive subitism burner is definitely DONE with its task.....

so tossing those remnant little pieces onto a piece of Charcoal is just smart in my humble opinion.

I've seen resin erupt from those old "DONE" pieces confirming that I made the right decision. And again Its better then What I've experienced in " Bahkoor: because its real sinking grade exquisite Oudh... My tests have proven my theory is sound The Subitism burner is GREAT but if I could afford to Toss away $500 to $1200 USD every day I would do it the OLD school way as we say in America and just toss Oudh pieces into a raw burner and burn them direct..

THAT IS ASSUREDLY Something I WOULD GLADLY Perfume my clothes, hair and HOME with...... no QUESTION Bro !!
$500 - $1200 usd, of direct burning REAL Sinking Grade OUDH, Its Scriptural ! Its Divine !
Yes definitely that makes more sense than the Bakhoor I've experienced but alas I digress because it is NOT economically feasible. -- Funny because I'm about to light up a series of pressed man made Incense - esque Bakhoor that might even wake up my wifie at 10PM because its soo strong and offensive to most people . Of course I'd prefer a sinking grade Hindi Oudh but Even as an accomplished very well compensated Cloud Software engineer that is not economically feasible... I'd love to visit Dubi or somewhere where they just do it and don't care about the cost of burning real Oudh. I'm convinced that people who are perfuming their homes and women their hair that its not this sickening overpowered incense Bakhoor but its with real Oudh..

I'd love it if someone could clarify for me if my naïve assumption is correct or incorrect ..please do tell me !!!!

I just don't know and cant believe that people would use ( what I've experience as Bakhoor) as the sublime staple of every day life.
That is like perfuming your hair with Febreze or literal perfume. What would be the point ?
There is no depth or complexity or reverence in that !!!!

To me it would be like attempting to wear a crappy knock off Oudh oil on your skin every day versus the real thing It wouldn't seem right or even satisfy . You would feel I dunno like dirty and offensive ... Not Barnyard fecal GOOD Quality Oudh offensive but like cheap fake synthetic offensive.
I have my loud Fake Oudh oils .. that I personally enjoy and most Americans have no clue about but once you KNOW what Oudh is only the real classic and superior quality Oudh oils actually impress ...
I keep thinking some Hindi Rahni is going to walk up and say wow your sporting a real oudh hahahahha. Dumb ass american fantasies ... hahahaha

iori

親月
^ i do burn oudh on Coal daily at least two times"i do perfume my hair, face, clothes etc" and it doesn't cost as much as you said, there is lots good grade/smell oudh from various regions for good prices >.> that you can get for 100-200$ would last you month or more depends on much you use honestly and how lucky you get with quality "many of Leyte/Bicol degga goes for reasonable prices for ther quality" and there is expensive ones 250-300$ can get you 12g of some sinking oudh and bigger pieces! still some types is harder to get for fair prices because of how they are in demand"old hindi, burmese, cambodi, laos etc"
as for mamool/Bakhoor i hate it
I'm convinced that people who are perfuming their homes and women their hair that its not this sickening overpowered incense Bakhoor but its with real Oudh..

I'd love it if someone could clarify for me if my naïve assumption is correct or incorrect ..please do tell me !!!!
women and men "as i said i do it" also perfume home, it doesnt cost as much as you think >.> even if you were to get some good old stock for 850$ or so per 12g that would last you month or more if you burn it daily "if its really good old stock a small piece does the job on charcoal for long time :)"