Bilal

True Ouddict
All in @Al Shareef Oudh today.

A swipe of nangarhar rose(one of my all time favourite roses) and two swipes of A'meen. The oil that really opened my eyes on how different Malaysian oud can be.
An Incredibly unique complex rose which I'd like to further explore one day iA....It's one my nose didn't really take to when I had it but something about it made me think that its one of those acquired taste sort of notes or one that would work better in an attar.

Tilt

Oud Fanatic
I don't think its just synthetic accords that require time for our noses to adjust to.I've had the same experience with certain oudhs, musks, vetivers or any other note/accord I wasn't really familiar with growing up and tried for the first time..A lovely moment though when/if it finally clicks for you and you can enjoy the perfume in all its splendour!
Yeah, sure! And I remember PM writing in that same post about the shock of some ouds on first sniff. I remember how alien genuine oud smelled to me at first. Would love to get that moment back! Need to find some strange oils...

Bilal

True Ouddict
Yeah, sure! And I remember PM writing in that same post about the shock of some ouds on first sniff. I remember how alien genuine oud smelled to me at first. Would love to get that moment back! Need to find some strange oils...

Know that feeling very well lol..One gets a little jealous of those singing praises of certain perfumes and oils because of how new the experience is for them, whilst some of us find that buzz harder and harder to find the deeper we go down the rabbit hole ☹️

Last edited:

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
My 3 year old mongolian musk and sandalwood maceration.

The oil has turned into fire-red color. I love where it is at now. Time to filter and blend in some ruh gulab in some.

I intend to save half of it to play around. It has a slight dark greenish earthy tinge in deep dry down. Any recommendations for any green material other than oakmoss.
Have you ever considered blending Oakmoss in attars? Or Mint/Violet leaf?
I have used aged Patchouli (40yo)..it is a heavy dark green beut once in sandalwood it diffuses and changes to a light green. I made a blend for my sister for Christmas....she was amazed at how good it smelled...or perhaps how creative I was with my gift for her.... :)

Bryan-I

True Ouddict
TSVGA Rufio

Quite pleasant to my nose,
the Champaca is not overdone,
and the Sandalwood seems to
accentuate the creaminess of the
White Ambergris.
I thought the Seaweed and Onycha
would distract the scent, but they
just blend in.
I wanted to like this but the seaweed just flies off my skin and doesn't sit well. I thought it would be a home run for me with champaca and ambergris. Sample, sample, sample.

I wanted to like this but the seaweed just flies off my skin and doesn't sit well. I thought it would be a home run for me with champaca and ambergris. Sample, sample, sample.
Once in a while I catch a tiny bit of the marine note, but I think it’s from the Onycha, although I struggle to smell the seaweed.

I never smelled seaweed essential oils or extracts, so I can’t be sure.

Also, I applied just a tiny bit from my sample, not a lavish spray. I got mine direct from Tsvga.

My dream is to be able to create an Ambergris scent using various oils
with zero Ambergris.

Bilal

True Ouddict
RPP Mughal Amber Oud

This is the attar equivalent of a strong masala chai.
Here, the milk is replaced with a medicinal buttery concoction, that provides just the right balance to the spices at the forefront of this scent.No sugar is to be found here and rightly so, as this is something you wear to soothe the soul and combat the numbing cold of bleak mid-winter nights.

Lovely stuff!

Rai Munir

Musk Man
1. Tobacco Flower Absolute by Mr Ulugbek
2. Mysore Royale by Tabeer Oud

The former I dabbed on one wrist, and the latter on the other. Tobacco Flower Absolute is a gorgeous scent. A differently gorgeous aroma got registered in my memory. Happy to have this fragrance. First mail call of the year it was!

Mysore Royale is royale!

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Sandal Mitti Attar from Oudologie.
Such an Earthy opening scent...almost a contradiction to day it is heavenly. This is 40 year old oil and it is at least 6/8 hours of beautiful Mysore creaminess after the Earthy opening...❤️❤️❤️

yoob.ye

True Ouddict
a swipe of melange privee sq

This is a lovely smell but it is so soft that I have trouble noticing it without my nose buried into my hand. With 40 year+ oud and 20 year+ rose, I would expect a soft smell but the softness in this oil surprised me.

My experience with vintage oils is relatively limited. I think I need to come back to this one after taking a week away from fragrance to better perceive its soft aroma.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Rose, Oud and Musk Attar: Six gram Nangarhar Rose in 24 gram Sandal and two gram Musk! It is now Rose Musk! Kashmiri Musk blanketed in Nangarhar Rose.
@Rai Munir
Brother...you must have a constant troop of people who keep an eye out for when you leave your home...just so they can walk close to you for your scent trails..... :praying:

Philip

Oud Fan
a swipe of melange privee sq

This is a lovely smell but it is so soft that I have trouble noticing it without my nose buried into my hand. With 40 year+ oud and 20 year+ rose, I would expect a soft smell but the softness in this oil surprised me.
Agreed 100%. Melange Prive is divine, but I, too, was surprised at how soft and close-to-the-skin it becomes shortly after application